August 22, 2014 | 1900 users online

Powder - La Prairie - Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by DragMeOverTheRainbow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, I'm buying this one again. Although you can use this as a powder or a foundation (by dampening the sponge applicator provided), I have only used it dry, but have had superb, lasting coverage. You can use the provided applicator to apply the powder, or you can put a little cotton pad into the compact (there's room for it!). Either way I'm impressed with the coverage and especially with how it matches my skin tone (I use Ivorie) and does not change color in the course of the day. It's a nice compact case, too -- maybe a little bit large, but it's designed to keep the applicator in its own little pan; and the mirror is very good. So these benefits make up for the size. On the other hand, the powder pan is relatively small! For $98 I wish there was more powder; and that's why I took off a lippie. Anyway, the match in color is so good, I think this is my powder for life. What I did to find it was to go to Bloomingdale's and visit every MU concession on their ground floor looking for foundation and powder and concealor that matched ME. La P came out the winner in all. I also like Chanel products. But La P seemed to have the edge in this case. (I still like Chanel and Boot's No 7 lipsticks better than La P's).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by ossian1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried quite a few powder foundations, not just on me but on others: ex make-artist. This formula is lovely. It blends beautifully even on dry skins, like mine, but it's also undetectable if you get the right shade. I don't know why others are reluctant to try it applied with a damp sponge because done properly, and it's very simple, it gives the most luminous, lasting finish. There's no need to wipe the sponge on the powder, whether the sponge is dry or wet, but just patted a couple of times for each area of the face - each cheek, forehead, nose chin, centre of neck, each eye - and then blended with both patting and lightly swiping the sponge, and you'll have a soft-looking, improved skin tone. In my experience powder foundations are better for all skin types, but especially drier ones (seems odd, I know), as long as you're not too heavy-handed. Remember: easier to add than to take away (with make-up), so if you're a newbie go cautiously, you can't really go wrong, and after a couple of tries you'll find how best to do it for you. Lovely product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by jessierose27

Oh my gosh I can't stop looking at my skin I look flawless, even, and sexy!!!!!! Took me 2 minutes to achieve this. AHHH! Looks good with flash photography too. Just checked.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by tatabyuti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought my La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder Finish at Rustan's Makati, Philippines. I think it for several times before purchasing this powder. I'm Asian with a fair skinned with a balance of pink and yellow undertone. I went at the make up counter without foundation so that I can choose the right shade suits me well. I tried two shades between Ivorie and Cameo on the tester. Both shades are relatively good on my face when applying it using sponge. This powder foundation gives a natural and flawless skin. It covers skin imperfections and lasts all day. The sales assistant suggested that Cameo looks better. This is the best powder compact that I have. I love this rectangular silver compact case and looks luxurious. I was happy and satisfied with the product I bought. For reference, I am NC 20 at MAC. Overall, I would definitely recommend this procuct.

TIP: Show up to the makeup counter with a clean, fresh face. It's OK to wear eye makeup or lipstick, even moisturizer on your face, but you don't want to show up already wearing foundation.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Angela92088

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, I hope this will be of help to some people. I tried on the tester for this foundation in ivoire, and was impressed how lovely and smooth the powder was. I was so excited. The next day, I used it all over my face with the enclosed sponge. As a formulation, it is fantastic. The thing is.....it's pink!!! Ok, I'm being a bit dramatic. Let's say the undertone is definitely pink. I am a fair skinned Asian and have yellow undertone - so I was so sad. I also felt so guilty for some reason spending so much for the product, when I've spent many, many gazillions more in my search for my HG. The thing is, in my country, there is no returning. Once you actually use the product, you cannot bring it back or exchange it for another shade. The sales assistant said that cameo and the other shades were pinkish compared to ivory, so I was happy buying it. It does provide fantastic oil control.

Lesson learned: when purposely shopping for foundation, go in without any foundation or powder, apply the potential foundation to your entire face, and leave. Check not only under sunlight, but in the office, in different mirrors with different lighting, at home, and take a good, hard look before cleaning your face at night. If you're still in love, then buy.

Warning: If you don't want pink, don't buy this in ivory (I haven't tried any other shade.)

What is the best yellow undertone powder foundation? Back to shu uemura which I like very much, but don't looove.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by nadoosh

First of all I would like to thank MakeupAlley users for giving this product such rave reviews because I would not have heard about it otherwise. This powder foundation is absolutely wonderful. It gives a natural yet flawless finish and lasts all day. It does not clog my pores and I have not broken out from it. All in all it is an amazing product and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have time in the morning for a liquid foundation routine but wants beautiful, velvety skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by zinaki

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Been using it for about 10 years.
One of the best.
Really smooth going on and a velvety feeling. Great coverage and really helps with my combination skin and stays on most of the day. Maybe too matte for some people though but for me it works great.
i would have given it 5 lippies but a bit pissed of when they changed the packaging from the round one as the photo here and made it bigger and rectangular, honestly cant understand why make it bulkier. Most importantly why i didnt give it 5 lippies is because the previous one had spf 15 and was stated on the package, on the new one no spf is stated anywhere. Asked the sales girl and she insisted it does, when i told her it is not written anywhere on the powder, or the packaging she could not confirm after all if it actually has spf.
If anyone has a clue if it has spf please advise.
If buying from iherb for the first time feel free to use my discount code EHU742 for a $5 discount up to $40 worth of purchases and $10 discount for over $40.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by wendyfernandes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I never ever write reviews, perhaps because I have never stuck to one product to fall in love with them. But this product is IT!!! I have the most sensitive skin on this planet that is oily and blemish prone, and I have tried every foundation you can think of,liquid,creme and powder. MAC,Clinique,Bobbi Brown,Estee Lauder,Dior and many many many more. Living in New Zealand where weather is something you never know, and, added bonus of bad skin foundation is something only lucky ones get it right. I have been using this product for a year now and this is my HG foundation. For my indian skin the shade Natural Beige is perfect and even though it can be bit pricey at $143 for some it is totally worth it.

I rarely make such bold statement but this one foundation has it all. Doesnt cake on and gives you that no makeup makeup look. Very cooling and non irritant.

Totally worth it, do try it. If you go to Smith and Caughey's in Auckland the lovely lady there gives a sample and that way you can try before you buy.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2012 8:10:00 AM More reviews by crawfore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Based on the comments below and great overall rating, I decided to buy this since I just turned 50 and felt I needed a foundation that would improve my overall appearance. Well this certainly didn't do it. First of all, the color selection is limited - six colors. I chose cameo because ivory was too light and beige was too yellow. The makeup just sat on my skin and did not blend well. It also clumped in oily areas (T-zone). By the end of the day, my face looked cakey and powdery. Amazingly though, it did not feel dry like most powder foundations feel after a few hours. Note, I used serum, moisturizer, and primer before applying it. So I plan to return this as soon as I can since I have no intention of losing the $90 (ridiculous, eh?) that I paid.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Littlemango

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got oily and sensitive skin, I very concern about good qulity powder all these while. I travel alot, many road trips and filghts .. even after long hours and sleep a bit in it I do not have out break ! Oil control wise - its work for 4 hours then i need to blot. Coverage wise was good as a little goes a long way. the downside was a little pricy and chose a lighter colour tone if you want as i realized it oxidised to a much darker tone as the hours goes by.