Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Hydrating

3.7

Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, PEG/PPG-18/18, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sucrose Distearate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Phenooxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Xylitylglucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Anhydroxylitol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Xylitol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Tripotassium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hyaluronic Acid, Allantoin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbardensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Sorbate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My father went to our tiny Dillards to the Chanel counter to buy 3 bottles of perfume so I told him "make sure to ask for samples!!" & the ladies at (both) Chanel's in this town lurve him so he ended up w this little gem! See it pays to build a rapport w ur local makeup counter SA's & at the little Dillards we go to, the SA's "man" multiple counters hence I think that is how I ended up w this 30ml generous sample! I have oily skin so I wasn't using much for primer (I want to re buy Benefit Porefessional but my $$$ is low), so I've been using this w a very good quality fdtn (Sephora Perfect Mist which is my HG!) & my new LM loose setting powder I did splurge on both of those this month coz MAC fdtn's aren't too gr8 for my extreme oily skin. This primer isn't for my skin type I can't fault that but it's a good primer if you are normal-to-dry. I prefer my silicone-based primers tbh & I will need to use this up b4 hot/humid summer weather (this frugal gal would hate to waste such an $$$ sample!). I'd been using primers such as ELF (basic. Good. Kind of expensive coz of deceptive packaging its price per oz isn't very good! But it does work), Clinique SuperPrimer (too expensive, geared towards normal skin but okay IMO), Loreal LUMI (this is good but I prefer a more matte finish, I'd compare this more to MAC Strobe Cream almost, it's too dewy & shine + dewy isn't pretty), MAC Oil Control Lotion (using this now as a moisturizer rather than a primer which it serves me much better althou it's $$$ coz it's HE), which are all in my collection currently & I did have porefessional a long time ago loved it but was turned off by its price pointe but obvs I gotta invest! Primers aren't cheap!! I may use this as a moisturizer to use it all up coz I'm so oily but I'm totally open to trying LM primer for my appropriate skin type. I would hit "maybe" for rebuy becoz I wouldn't buy hydrating but I'm not very familiar w LM so she must have an oily skin primer? I think the most important things to spend $$$ on for makeup (if you can) is a good primer, good foundation & good setting powder (for your appropriate skin type) I mean there are other important things but if I have to choose those are 3 top things I think I've tried to scrimp on & cannot becoz I have very extremely oily skin; & shiny greasy isn't cute neither is oxidized fdtn or fdtn's that don't cater to offering many skin tones as orange fdtn may be cute on Snooki & some folks do get lucky w inexpensive fdtn shades but the majority of people need a brand that offers many shade selections. Thankfully powder is more forgiving on its shade offerings. Anyways I highly rec'd this primer if you have dry-to-normal skin. It won't do that much for us oily skin types but it def won't dehydrate or over dry your skin. I believe it's oil free. It does not break me out but I do not find it all that helpful only coz I'm oily but I'm still not going to lower its rating by giving it a low number of lippies.

I love this. I have really dry skin and I need to wear something light weight in the day. It's perfection!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i like this . i think it helps to make my foundation last longer. its hydrating and light..

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is my holy grail primer I've been using for two years now. It extends the life of my makeup (in most cases) while adding hydration to my lizard-like skin. It's the only one I've come across that works and doesn't break my Goldilocks skin out.

I'm going to sing its praises in the following ways:

1. It's cheap per oz. The product itself is 1.7 fl oz, meaning, more bang for your buck versus Smashbox or other hydrating primers. So if you do the math, it's actually $21.76/fl oz, which is pretty good compared to other mid-to-high end primers.

2. It actually hydrates. I've played with the radiance one, which is well and good, but what's the point of faking radiance when you can actually get your skin more radiant with some hydration? I'm still in my 20's, so I might be changing my tune on this one eventually, but I can notice my cheeks feel less taut and tight when I put some of this on. With other primers (again, Smashbox)--it lasts for a few minutes before soaking in and going away.

3. It works. When I'm trying foundations, I experiment with them to see the most effective way to get the coverage and use out of it. Sometimes, that includes doing the "Goss Method" of powder first prior to the foundation. For people with dry skin, this can suck out moisture if you're not careful, but using this product offers a line of defense against loss of moisture and it's a great base to adhere products. It worked very well when I used mineral foundation.

This product does not always play nice with some foundations, however. I notice if the foundation is marketed as having a primer built-in (e.g. Armani Luminous Silk or Koh Gen Do Aqua), the product disappears faster. So, it will depend on which foundation you use, but I've had success more often than failure.

As with all cosmetics, ymmv, but I'm gonna ride or die with Laura Mercier Hydrating.

Laura Mercier really outdid themselves. This primer is really, really great. I do find that it hydrates my dry skin. It also helps my foundation stay on all day. I don't find that it helps with my skin's texture that much. However, it's a hydrating primer (so I didn't expect it to really help with texture that much).

It's awesome.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I purchased this primer when the 20% Sephora sale was going on. I'm very happy that I did. I have very sensitive dry skin that is easily clogged. This primer has helped me wear the foundations that have been lying around that I've been unable to wear because my skin was just too flakey. I've noticed that I haven't had any new breakouts since using this.

My only complaint is that while it still has some 'cones in it to hide some of the flakiness the witch hazel and alcohol in the primer have a tendency to dry my skin out a bit if I wear it all day every day.

I just need to find a slightly thicker moisturizer and I have a feeling this will be one of my favorite primers!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I decided to splurge on primer and buy this one after reading reviews for it, most if them good. The first day I used it I noticed a difference! My pores looked smaller, less noticeable and my makeup stayed on all day. I have sensitive skin, but this didn't upset my skin at all. Love this primer!

Perfect primer for very dry skin. Primes skin for a flawless finish that lasts all day. Will definitely buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my second tube!! I really like this primer because it doesn't have that silicone feeling, which I really don't like. It comes out as a nice refreshing white gel that goes on transparent and sits nicely on my skin. I like how it has some hydration to it, since my skin is starting to get a bit drier as I age.
Packaging could be a bit better, I find a lot of product comes out even with a gentle squeeze. Price is ok ,but it has quite a lot of product, 40mL.

I don't like this primer because it didn't do justice for my face. Everytime, I put this primer on, I have a burning sensation for a couple of minutes. It didn't hydrated my face. I still have dry patches after using this primer for days. The price is a bit expensive, but I willing to invest something to improve my makeup foundation staying power. It didn't do anything for me.

Popular Primer/ Correctors