October 1, 2014 | 1846 users online

Treatments - Healthy Hoof

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by cleotokos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have nails that peel. I can only wear polish every two weeks or so, and give a long rest between applications or else my nails will peel so badly I'll have to give them a polish break for 6 weeks or so. I have tried EVERYTHING!! Most strengthening treatments actually make my nails peel worse. OPI's Nail Envy makes them peel, even the Sensitive & Peeling version. WTH?! This is the ONLY thing that has been able to provide a little strength to my nails. It reduces the peeling. It is HG for me! I also take a silica supplement, which helps tremendously (tried biotin, had no effect at all).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by AllyLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I normally use Hard As Hoof but I bought this because of the reviews online. It does exactly the same thing as HAH except the scent is different (I prefer HAH but honestly it means nothing for the wonderful effects both products bring). This products moisturizes your nails and cuticles very well which helps them be strong and grow long. This product can be found for only a few $ at Sally Beauty Supply stores across Canada and the US.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by shareerobin1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product 2 days ago and paid a whopping $20 from Ella Bache here in Aus as i was desperate and couldn't wait for it to arrive from the states using ebay.I struggled to find this product even when i was in the USA so if anybody can tell me where i can purchase as i'm heading back to Vegas in july.I am constantly washing my hands and i work with coal samples in a laboratory which is very damaging on my cuticles.After just 2 days my cuticles appear more moisturised and feel softer.My cuticles are so dry .I've been applying before i hop into bed and also on my toes and a little on my heels.A little goes a long way.After reading all the reviews I decided i'd just pay the $20 and see what all the fuss is about.So far so good.I will try to keep the daily routine up until i'm satisfied with them.Would re purchase- maybe not at Ella Bache !

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, I have tried EVERYTHING !
Basic oils which used to work when I was a teenager on flaking nails, then various nail hardeners (Sally Hansen and OPI) and wierd stuff (Mavala with formaldehyde !) and even some expensive vitamin supplements aimed at nail health, BUT, this little tub of cream beats them all hands (pardon the pun) down.
Hard to get in the UK, so ordered from Amazon, but finally my poor menopausal nails which have constantly flaked and broken for over 2 years are getting back to normal.
I will definately repurchase even if I have to crawl over broken glass to do so !

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by augusta23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a couple of years now. I can't really say with certainty that this product has made my nails strong because my nails are almost always painted, but it does keep my cuticles soft. I especially like using it in the winter- i feel that it does a better job of keeping my cuticles softer than using cuticle oil alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by rachlovesoliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not much of a nail person but I received this as a gift and I really love it. I bite my cuticles and I have very thin, easily broken nails. This really makes my nails feel stronger and is very moisturizing. Plus it smells great. The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because it is tested on animals :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by cginel90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After hearing rave reviews this product, I decided to give it a try and I'm so glad I did. Healthy Hoof is a thick creamy treatment that had a lavender scent to it. I apply this to my cuticles and massage it in, and voilá I have moisturized cuticles. If you consistently apply this, your cuticles will be in much better shape. Packaging and tackiness of the product could be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by HoloMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I came across this product online a few months ago and decided to try it after reading all the reviews about it. It sounded quite good and when I found a shop that is relatively local to me that I could get it from I went ahead and purchased a small jar to try.

I'm so glad I did. It keeps my cuticles looking great and has a light lavender smell. It can feel a little sticky/tacky when first applied so I just apply it before I go to bed or while watching a movie or something and once it is absorbed into your skin you probably won't be too bothered about that. If the jar gets sticky from the cream just give it a wipe over with a tissue or cloth and it will look as good as new.

Compared to other creams and treatments that I've tried this seems to work best for me. It is more expensive here than overseas but a small amount goes along way so I'd say it's worth the investment. Definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ghostlypale

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I finally got serious about trying to help my nails--they've been weak and peeling for years. My nails were so bad that you could see through the tips against a light, and see the separating layers. Then they would break along the side, deep into the nail bed. I nicked one nail, and no matter how much I filed it down or cut past it when the nail grew, the little nick kept coming back. I tried everything--Nailtek, Nailtiques, Nailtrition, Pink Nail Gel and Magic Nail (whoa, formaldehyde fumes) and others, plus all the cheap but ineffective Sally Hansen formulas (why are there so many?). All of these are basically just clear polishes. They just add a little of some ingredient which supposedly strengthens your nails. Frequently these formulas have a lot of formaldehyde, which physically hurts my nails when I apply it and remove it, so how could that be a good idea? They would immediately peel off the tips, and they would be exposed to the elements again. They did camoflauge my crappy nails, giving them some shine, and in some cases a little color (like Nailtrition, which I had such high hopes for). But they were not getting better. It was time to stop wishing on a star, and hoping that the next one was going to be the one that would work.

So I gave up and let my nails be their ugly selves and just tried to keep them moisturized. That, plus taking a Biotin supplement, seemed to be the only medically based advice I could find. I had tried Solar Oil, with no effect, so I needed something else to moisturize. I remembered Healthy Hoof from years ago, and picked it up. I have been using it twice a day, and my nails have really changed for the better--it feels like a miracle, but it is probably what I've needed to do all along. I put it on thickly, then after 15 minutes or so, wipe off the excess and try to avoid washing my hands for a while. Now the texture of my nails is changing--they feel glossy to the touch, and look much thicker. I'm not letting them grow yet, just trimming them and letting the layers grow out, but they seem to be coming together. My nails have not looked this opaque and white at the tips for years and years. Could it be a million horses can't be wrong? It's getting so much better that I'm starting to feel hopeful--dare I look forward to a day when I can wear actual real, pretty nail polish again?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Dariand321

This product is really nice. I bought it after I had acrylics put on because my nails were dry and flakey. This is very moisturizing and awesome for your cuticles. The thing I don't like about it is that it leaves a sticky, tacky residue on the fingers and that the jar is kind of annoying and I feel it could be packaged better. But for 3 dollars, this cuticle cream is one of my favorite products! It also smells nice, like lavender oil.