December 21, 2014 | 1601 users online

Foundations - SKII - Air Touch Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by makeupkitkat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this product. I had the wrong color the first time and didn't quite see how terrific it is, but with the right color match it's just brilliant.

It's fool-proof air brushing.

It does not give amazing coverage, so you should use a concealer beforehand, then use the air touch over your face, moving it around constantly, and getting closer to areas you want to cover, just like you would with an air brush machine. The mist is so fine and gradually you'll have a flawless face. Unlike an airbrush machine though, it's super easy to use and very portable. It's very pretty too. And the the foundation itself is of great quality.

The finish is definitely more on the dewy side, so for those wanting plain matte, this might not be ideal. You can set it with translucent powder though after it dried.

The price, however, isn't cheap. The machine itself is reasonable enough, but refills are pricey. I think I paid about $100 for two refills last time I purchased and they don't last all that long (2-3 months each with fairly frequent use).

But it's definitely one of my HG products.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by angel_sml

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really, really want to like this product because I want the luminous, flawless, beautiful skin look that everyone describes when they use this product. Unfortunately, after trying it for three week, I decided that the Air Touch does not work for me. This is true even after I made several adjustments to my makeup and skin care routines to see if I can make the foundation work. No matter how I applied it- more, less, unmoisturized, powder, primer, different foundations, etc.- the Air Touch makes my dry-ish combination skin look oily, not dewy.

My face shines almost immediately after I spray it on. I even try to blot and powder after it dries, but like someone else below mentioned, doing that just makes you look like you have regular makeup on, and you lose that airbrushed look. And it's not like I am sensitive to the dewy look. I usually use Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (regular formula, not the oil-free one) to get the dewy look. What's worse about the Air Touch is that it manages to accentuate the fine lines under my eyes, even when it makes my face oily. The worse of both worlds!

EDIT: After I wrote this review, my skin became EXTREMELY dry due to pregnancy. Nothing in my regular makeup routine was working for me. So, I got desperate and ordered this from Japan (since it's been discontinued in the US). I now apply a layer of the Decleor essential oil, then a tinted moisturizer blended with MUFE Elixir. Finally I spray the SK II Air Touch as a finisher after I apply my makeup. It really helps my skin look a lot more dewy, even though my skin remains really dry after I take off my makeup.

So, I guess if you have really dry skin, this could be a life saver to improve the appearance your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 8:15:00 AM More reviews by katebosworthfan

I LOVE this foundation. Hands down. The BEST. It makes your face look like an airbrushed covergirl on a magazine cover. No joke. I have very oily skin and after a whole day of wear it still hasn't moved!! It takes 2 minutes to apply and no germy fingers or dirty brushes involved. Very hygenic. I am asian and Be2 matches me PERFECTLY. These foundations are ideal for asian skins cuz of the yellow undertones. The negative is that it is expensive and don't wear it for flash photography because it makes you look like a ghost!! My skin has also improved while using this foundation...it has pitera in it (like the treatment essence) and it's probably the only makeup that has improved my skin!! I never have any problems while using it. Sadly its steep price tag stops me from using it everyday. Special occasions only for me! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by catpower9

I love SK 11 air touch foundation. I have had this over a year and only use on special occasions so only go through 2 refills in a year. I apply concealer to spots and use a small amount of liquid foundation on my face and than apply this all over. This gives the most beautiful finish ever. I look as if I have perfect air brushed skin. This also will last 12 hours. I plan to buy another machine for a back up. I use shade OP3 for my very pale skin with slight pink undertones. I tried the lightest shade but it had a slight yellow tone and I need a touch of pink but I could wear both shades. When I was at the store the girl told me best results were with the use of concealer. The machine is so sleek looking as well.

I also bought the temptu air pod to try but that is horrible. I plan to return the temptu air pod to sephora for a full refund.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 12:12:00 PM More reviews by kissyfit006

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

After test trying the SK II Air Touch Foundation in Saks several times, I finally made the decision to buy one.

After every session of use the foundation would leak at the tip. The compact is very travel friendly, and I have had no problems whatsoever throwing it around in my bag. The SK II is battery powered so, you also have to worry about battery life as well as running out of foundation.

The foundation has very strong red tones which is disappointing when you have yellow undertones. It does little to control any oil, doesn't irritate/break out the skin, and somewhat okay with rain/sweat. Just as they claim this product doesn't get on your clothes/hair. I have no problems taking off my foundation with MAC oil make up cleanser.

The SK II Foundation has given me the most even/ natural application I've ever tried. Unfortunately, this product has very light-light coverage so, if you have blemishes you need to cover them up with concealer.

Overall, this product is alright. I'm sure I could live without it but, it gives such a nice finish that I might go out and buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Lemony1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best foundation ever ! Better than Chanel Dior Laura Mercier ect ect

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by angerona

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Generally speaking its best to understand someones skin before suggesting products to a complete stranger and recommending it because it might not work for them as it does for one self.
I am a 27 year old, Asian, with pale skin who religously, and I mean RELGLIOUSLY wears sunblock and normally don't wear a lot of makeup if any. I take care of my skin as what my mom has taught me.
That being said the Air Touch foundation is amazing. It is a light makeup that allows my skin to breathe, look very natural and is worth the price tag **I cringe when I admit it*.
I have gotten many compliments as how I have really great skin from both younger/older women, not makeup but they compliment my skin so its very natural looking. People think I am 20-21 and I'm 27-best feeling ever when it comes to a woman's skin. I work in Beverly Hills so dealing with attractive people and them giving you compliments is definitely is a pro and sometimes ..priceless-if you look better then them. (Hey I take care of my skin and am proud of it.)
It also also a flawless appearance. It stays on all day with primer (use Laura Mercier primer) and I no issues. It is not difficult to put on and I found that it had no smells/odors. Also there was not a problem of over applying it because it is visible and easy to use. I know some
people prefer more thick cover and well this product in my opinion is for people who have good to decent skin, if
you need more coverage then you can always use concealer on beforehand but its not the typically Mac makeup coverage where its on thicker. Basically if you like something to look natural, flawless and glowing this product is worth it.
It does take a bit longer to dry but not longer then 4-5 minutes and they suggest you put on your eyeshadow and blush prior you use the foundation so pretty much you are all set to go besides mascara. --its faster then using traditional liquid or powder. It also lasted quite a while for me. The main thing was I was super impressed about how flawless it appeared on my face looking brighter, more refreshed and luminous.

I obviously like it and recommend it. Just make you are getting a legit product if you buy online because I know there are counterfeit products floating out there and you NEVER want to put something on your face that you don't know is. That's it and take care of your skin. =)

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by bernboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well I've had this thing in my drawer for over a year thinking that I really didn't care for it too much. I tried it again today and let it totally dry without adding any mineral powder on top. I think the major point that I was missing was the fact that I have to let it completely dry for it to look flawless. I put coverup on some spots before spraying and it provided decent coverage. I have the color BE-2 and think it might be too light and probably the reason why I didn't really care for at first. I am considering buying a darker shade since this really does provide sheer and airbrush finish to the face. I hate the way liquid foundation feels on my skin and have a ton of it that I don't use. This, I could def. get used to if I found the right shade and if I have the time to use it in the morning. I also put my blush and eyeshadow makeup on afterwards and it went on fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by BeautyTakesTheCake

My HG foundation! This works best when I moisturize and prime my skin and apply concealer over blemishes - my skin looks absolutely flawless! I even use it alone on casual days as it improves the "look" of my skin tone.
I am a MAC NC25 and I use the shade BP-4 (Beige Pink). Asia counters offer a lot more color choices but not this one - I dunno why. It oxidizes red if it's applied thickly in 1 instance. If I want more coverage it's better to apply a thin layer, let it dry/set and then apply another thin layer. The foundation ONLY adheres to areas with moisture so it will not get on hair or clothes.
The color shade shown on the refill packet is actually a see-through window and you can "see" how much of the foundation is left in the package. Although it's hella expensive and looks like a teeny amount, 1 pack with 5-6 day use/week for sheer-medium coverage has lasted me 6 months and there's still about 1/4 of the product left. It could last me another 1-2 months easily.
The battery hasn't given out on me yet (bought in April 2009) but I'm worried it may be difficult to replace.
Read more of my reviews at www.beautytakesthecake.blogspot.com

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2009 9:43:00 AM More reviews by szack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It has been a long time since I was so disappointed by a foundation. Especially with this price and packaging, I expected something a cut above. So not the case. I will go back to Armani or Sisley foundation -- both of which are much better.