October 2, 2014 | 962 users online

Deodorants - Crystal - Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Cemblee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to transition from antiperspirant to deodorant. I started in the winter, since I live in Texas where it gets to above 100 degrees in the summer.

So, now it's summer and I'm glad to say that I still have not switched back to antiperspirant.

I initially used Tom's, but it made my armpits itch, which is why I decided to try Crystal.

I watched this video

and found that is the best for application. She uses another on top of Crystal, I do not.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ChocolateBobka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this the past two years thinking I was doing something good for myself. I had chucked my chemical laden Secret Clinical strength (and lemme tell ya I needed it!) for something more "natural". Plastered on the product is that they don't use aluminum chlorohydrate - the ingredient that is in chemical antiperspirants. Just because it doesn't contain that doesn't mean what it DOES contain is ok for you. Ammonium Alum isn't the devil but not exactly proven to be safe in my opinion. And I don't want to take the risk. You can read more about it here: http://chemicaloftheday.squarespace.com/most-controversial/2010/3/8/exposing-more-truths-about-alum.html

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Here's the best way I've found to use crystal salt deodorant:

In the shower, after washing/shaving/whatever floats your boat, use the crystal rock on your underarms. Really rub it on there and get a good coating under both arms. I usually do this while I'm still in the shower. It's quick and you're already wet so why not. Don't rub your underarms dry - just leave them to air dry. It barely takes any time at all. Just do it while you're getting dressed or combing your hair or whatever. Then, whether it's right after or the following morning, add the crystal deodorant roll-on (the liquid stuff) on your underarms once they've dried.

This double-pronged approach is keeping me fresh through a gross, humid summer, so that's really saying something. I don't really have a B.O. issue most of the time, but I do sweat a lot. However, I sweat LESS using this than I did using antiperspirant.

Oh - and the first time I tried to use this, two years ago, I felt like I sweat a TON. However, I was transitioning off of perfumey chemical antiperspirant. Now, I've been using a different natural deodorant for over a year, and switching back to this has been easy peasy and I actually sweat less. I think your pits can take some time to "detox" if you've regularly been stuffing up your sweat glands with aluminum.

Anyway. I love this. Layer it up with the roll-on and you're game for a long, busy day - even if it includes a crazy-intense workout at the end of it!

Note: You don't HAVE to use both products - sometimes I forget or skip one or the other - but I feel like I stay fresher that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Clickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best thing I've found that works 100% is getting an antiperspirant like http://www.peta.org/living/beauty/cruelty-free-deodorant/ and then you have to put the crystal body deodorant on

I've done this for the last year and for 3 days I do not smell or sweat! I have been using an antiperspirant which isn't vegan though (my mum gave me - I know not good!) so I'm now going to try the vegan ones but I'm sure it will work just the same. The trick is to use both. The crystal deodorant says it lasts a year but I've had it for a year and a half 'cause I've only needed to apply it every three days. As long as you use them together - the antiperspirant with the crystal - you will have three days protection, it has saved my life! no more awkward embarrassment, no more having to keep a distance and I don't have to buy new clothes all the time from sweat marks that I couldn't stop!

Also make sure with the crystal deodorant that you wet it completely (will not work when dry or a bit damp) and make sure you rub it in properly and enough. It dries quick and not sticky at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by WormEatsBird

Uhhhh.... This is awesome!

I've literally tried EVERYTHING for my BO, I wish I was exaggerating too, but I have the BO of a man working all day in the sun it seems.

I've tried numerous clinical strength women and men deodorants and anti per-spirants, either they ended up making me smell worse, stopped working, or would wear off.

A few years ago I became more conscious about nasty chemicals on my body and turned more to natural and organic healing and treating, the one deo that would prevent me from stinking was LaVanilla, but at $18 every few months, and considering if I swear a lot it would wear off, wasn't for me.

Then I red reviews for this on MUA and decided to give it a go, I'm super glad I did.
I found it at Walgreens for $6, and that night I ran home and showered, and slathered this on till my pits were dried off.

The next day I went outside in the Texas heat and sweat - a lot - and I didn't stink!!!
This is a miracle product (for me, anyway) and it'll last me a year! I don't really care about sweating, I care about smelling!!
Definitely recommend anyone to give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Due to aluminum chlorohydrates and other unhealthy ingredients, I have been looking for a natural deodorant for some time and happened to come across reviews for this product. I was very sceptical about this but I went ahead and purchased a travel size stick online. On using it, I was even more sceptical as it felt like I was just rubbing a wet stone on my underarms with no obvious product being applied. I have now been using this for almost 2 weeks and to my utter amazement, it actually works! I haven't smelt even a hint of odour in that time and I do tend to sweat a lot in the night. If you are looking for a natural and healthy deodorant (this is not an anti-perspirant) then you should give this a try. I just wish I had purchased the full size option.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After my last deodorant basically stopped working (ew), I was on the hunt for something to replace it. I remembered hearing about people who used crystal deodorants in the past, since from what I understand, they hit popularity in the mid-90's, so I decided to pick up the travel-sized one from Whole Foods and give it a try. Best two dollars and change I've spent in ages.
First off, it works. It works VERY well. I've got a pretty active lifestyle, and even after I work up a sweat, this stuff still prevents odors like a champ.
I love that it doesn't stain or smear on my clothing. I wear a lot of black, and many deodorants leave marks. This stuff doesn't.
It's fairly easy to use. Unscrew the cap, moisten the crystal, and apply to your underarms. Easy stuff.
For me, it's non-irritating even after I shave my underarms, which is great considering how most deodorants are like acid on freshly-shaven skin.
Price-wise, it's comparable to other natural deodorant brands. Not bad.
The packaging of the travel size is a little weird. It doesn't retract - it's just a cylinder of crystal lodged into a plastic base. I feel like it may fall apart over time, but so far it's been sturdy. I can't say anything for the full-sized version, as I haven't yet purchased it.
Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderful option for deodorant if one is looking to avoid aluminum chlorohydrates. I decide to give this a good old college try and was super impressed.

It is a stone that you wet just under the faucet and apply to under arm area. Takes about 1 minute to dry. No odor or fragrance associated with the product. It works very well for me. I even had my husband sniff my pits at the end of the day...no stick at all.

It is not an antiperspirant. I use Certain Dry twice a week to help in the controlling sweat. The combo of Certain Dry twice weekly and Crystal daily is my go to now.

Dirt cheap, like five bucks and it will last 1 year. I haven't even made a dent and I have used it daily for 2 months.

Just wish the container was more leakproof. It retains water and leaks a tad. Therefore don't leave it out on stone/granite countertops. (Warning on the product itself.)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have officially found the deodorant I am gonna use for the rest of my life! Before Crystal, I sort of swore off using anti-perspirants -- they just seem so bad for you. I was stealing my boyfriend's Old Spice deodorant and although it is anti-perspirant free, it (and most of the other scented deodorants out there) is laced with fragrances and a lot of other irritating chemicals, and worst of all, doesn't even work well for me. When I noticed that I still smelled like a rotting onion at the end of the day, I decided to give Crystal a try.

You have to get the "stone" wet in the sink and really coat your underarm with it. Not just your underarm but the areas around it. Go a little lower and higher and all around -- more so than you would do with a regular deodorant. It takes a few minutes to dry but when it does, you don't even notice it's on. No creamy, greasy feel under your pits. No weird smells wafting when you move your arms or hug people. You just won't smell anything! Or see anything -- doesn't get on your clothes. And it truly does last all day.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like this deodorant because it's natural and it keeps me smelling like nothing (it has no scent so it's better than being stinky). It takes a little time to dry after putting it on but it keeps the odor away and it feels nice when I roll it on.