July 29, 2014 | 848 users online

Cleansers - Aura Cacia - Grapeseed Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

i'm reviewing it as the body oil.

easy to spread, easy to absorb, easy to massage in, very good oil, no smell, amazing really, if you want it thicker, just add avocado oil with it, or essential oil if you want it to smell. loving it. just bought their large bottle size.

i am sure you could use it as facial oil as well or cleanser as it is so good and light. but i have not tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by ponc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this oil after waxing to get rid of wax stuck to my skin. It makes it very easy to rub the wax residue off. I do have to wash the oil off afterwards. The oil feels thick and sticky.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by VA219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been alternating Grape Seed and Almond oils as my overall skin and hair moisturizers for several years now. Inexpensive and effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by lmg613

LOVE this. Jojoba was my initiation in the world of oils, but, after reading how this was a decent alternative for oily/acne prone skin, I bought a bottle and am fully converted.

It's thinner than jojoba, but still fully blendable, and does not shine through makeup. Has not caused any breakouts in the few weeks since I switched.

I concur on the packaging being annoying, so I transferred into a little plastic cosmetic bottle from the Container Store that lets you squeeze out one drop at a time.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by xAlyAlyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination oily skin that is also sensitive and prone to breakouts if I use the wrong oil or products.

My favorite oils are sweet almond oil and apricot kernel oil and this has joined my favorites list.

It's very light weight, it moisturizes well and doesn't cause me to break out. During the day, I use this underneath my Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream but at night I use my prescribed topical acne treatment.

This doesn't break me out, it doesn't clog my pores, it doesn't make me oily/greasy(which I am prone to) and it doesn't irritate my skin. It leaves my skin soft, also.

I personally bought this from Whole Foods for $3.99 (it was on Sale) but i'm not too familiar with grapeseed oil so I don't know if that's a reasonable price or not.

This will definitely continue to be a staple unless there is some dramatic change in the condition of my skin.

I've also heard it has great anti-aging properties, which I read on a Asian skin care blog(that's why I wear it underneath Cetaphil).

UPDATE (10.12.13):
I still continue to use this product, although not as frequently as before. I DO avoid using it on nights where I will get a couple of hours of sleep because this does have a slight mattifying effect. Mattifying+lack of sleep=bigger looking pores and dullness. But as I mentioned, that's only when I'm going to be lacking in sleep.

I do like to use this before that time of the month to help control oiliness and prevent breakouts. I have sensitive skin and this does not cause me to break out or get blackheads. Nor does it cause an increase in oil production.

When applied to the skin it absorbs instantly, which is why I love it.

I DO recommend this if you have oily or combination skin. Just using it once or twice a week is all it takes to notice a difference.

If you have dry skin, I would probably say you should stay away from it. It might make any dryness worse or make flaky skin more obvious.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by lsmiaka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know it's listed under cleansers and most of the reviewers are talking about using the oil on their faces (I can't do this as it clogs up my pores...but honestly, what doesn't? -_-;) but I use this grapeseed oil on my hair. I do have to admit that I've added several essential oils to it, but the carrier oil is the most important part. I LOVE this oil.
I had previously tried coconut oil but it didn't absorb well and left my hair feeling stiff when it was warm enough that it should've been liquified, and left my hair practically frozen solid when it was below that temperature (I can't remember the exact temperature but it's somewhere in the high 70's).
The grapeseed oil absorbs completely by the time my hair is dry, but still manages to seal in moisture. It doesn't look greasy at all and definitely saves my ends in the dry climate of LA. I found the smell to be very neutral and not strong like other "hair oils" tend to be (olive, coconut, etc.).
I am not fond of the packaging of this product, and wish it came in an easily controlled pump dispenser, or some other way. If I squeeze the bottle, way too much shoots out of the controlled flow top thing (I don't know what you really call it...it's a rubber or plastic with an x in the middle, that only dispenses the product if you squeeze the bottle, preventing spillage). I have to unscrew the lid every time and then tip the product into the palm of my hand. This usually results in some flowing down the side of the bottle no matter how hard I try to prevent it. Just laying my palm flat over the top of the bottle, flipping them upside down (maintaining a seal the whole time), and then upright again, to get a little bit of the product on my palm worked when I had short hair and didn't need much. Now my hair is much longer and I need quite a bit of this product, but not as much as comes out of the squeeze top thing. Obviously this isn't a dealbreaker, but it is pretty annoying to have to clean up all the time. I suppose in a few months I can just squeeze the bottle and this portion of my review will be moot. =]

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just used this as face and eye makeup remover and now my face is bright red and both my face and eyes are burning. Ugh, I hate having such sensitive skin. :/

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this as I can't tolerate most (if not all) multi-ingredient cleansers/moisturizers on the market. I used it as both a cleanser and moisturizer. I loved that this sunk in so fast, cleansed well, and didn't break out or irritate my skin. Sadly, it started to dry out my skin after about 4 days which in turn caused my oil production to go into overdrive in addition to major flakiness. I will keep it around for emergencies, but for my combo(more oily than dry) skin it was a no go for daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by annhf24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been battling oily skin for the last three years. This stuff is seriously amazing. I remove makeup with an oil cleanse mix (castor oil, grapeseed, jojoba, and a drop of tea tree), then use my clarisonic with Neutrogena acne wash (the amber colored liquid), then use a little grapeseed oil with a little jojoba oil on my face after for moisturizer. Seriously, it did not clog my pores, and I barely use oil blotters anymore. It's that good. Anyone with oily skin should give it a try, it completely changed my skincare and makeup routine, and made my skin beautiful.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by gabinadia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A great product that helps reduce the amount of sebum produced = less oily skin. This product is a natural toner.

I have researched a lot about oils for facial care. I have also tried many products.

I used grapeseed oil for 6-8 months during the winter/spring months in the UK.

I haven't used this product since because I am currently starting up a regimen to help unclog my pores. Once winter starts (now I am in the northern part Canada), I will re-introduce.

If you are using more than a "dime size" of oil for your face, you are using it wrong - it's hard to get the right amount with the squirt bottle - but when you get it, rub together and lightly tap your face. Do not rub in. If there are areas on your face that are drier than others - just apply more to those areas.

The key is not to overdo.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No