November 26, 2014 | 1701 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by fleurverte000

Awesome product! It helps my acne prone skin and acne marks as well. Deff give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by stellabell

Love this. I do it once or twice a week. I use Kefir actually bc that's what I tend to have around. I also figure the fruit enzymes can only help!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Babsfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Judging by all my reviews, it seems I'm a hard to please person. I know I am. I tried this mask on the hopes that it would help my acne, that it would help to calm it down. It didn't really help at all but I only tried it once and won't be trying it again because 2 days later I had broken out in a few areas on my face but nothing too severe like the deep ones I get every now and then. I'm acne prone to begin with so this may or may not have been the culprit for my minor breakout but I'm not one who is willing to chance it.
When I applied this, using Fage brand whole Greek yogurt, it gave me this very cooling feeling on my face, which I loved but that is the only positive thing I can say about this. I used plain Greek yogurt with no other additives like honey or whatever else people seem to add. After a bit my face started to get a slight burning feeling to it. The yogurt dried quick and I left it on for 10-15 mins then rinsed it off gently in the shower. Once it was rinsed off my face was slightly red but had a slight glow to it which was nice, the next day my face was slightly dry which I loved considering my face gets uncomfortably oily. But then I started to break out and the only thing I could think of was that this yogurt mask was the culprit. I just started using some more serious stuff to help my acne.
I'm just saying screw it to all these stupid DIY/homeopathic crap that people seem to think works. It's time to bring in the big guns like glycolic acid peels and mandelic acid toner and TCA peels for my acne.
If you're acne prone try swatching this a few days in advance prior to using this on your entire face, swatch it on an area that you know is acne prone (chin, forehead, etc.) and leeave on for 10 mins, rinse gently and wait 2-3 days to see how your skin reacts to this. It's better to get a few blemishes on a small part of your face instead of having a huge breakout over the entirety of your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ila88

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

OMG my family swears by using yogurt mask!!!Just plain yogurt mask, any type; low-fat, non-fat, Greek etc.

I use it almost every night after cleansing my face, leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash it off. After that I put on serum and/or moisturizer as usual. I've read somewhere that yogurt can be used to replace your regular toner as long as you don't leave it too long and use it once daily (AND as long as your skin is not sensitive). I choose to use it at night. My skin is brighter, my acne and acne scars reduced significantly. Bottom line is my skin looks so much better! The most important thing here is be consistent when using yogurt mask.

Before using yogurt mask, I've used so many commercial masks but now, I've used only yogurt mask. It is THAT good.

This is one of the beauty tips that I definitely pass to my daughter :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by koihimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Severly dehydrated sensitive combination to oily skin. I use natural (no peservatives, sugars, colors, etc) fat free youghurt mask. It's high in lactic acid and I make sure that I use as much as I can of that whey liquid as I know that it's that liquid that does the most of the job in this mask. When I wash it off my skin is calm, pumped and silky. What else can I ask for.

For dry skin I'd recommend using fat youghurt or add vegetable oil. For mature adding honey would also be beneficial along with oils.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used yogurt masks years ago and then forgot about them, but now I've rediscovered the wonders of yogurt! I use Greek yogurt and sometimes add honey, but usually I just use it by itself. Helps get rid of flakies and smooth out eczema patches, and I feel like it keeps my pores less congested. I'm trying to buy fewer premade masks and I always have plain Greek yogurt in my fridge so it works out perfectly! Greek yogurt is basically the only dairy product I can still eat without any tummy repercussions, but even if I didn't eat it I'd still use it on my face. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by OrangeMintPop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This mask is amazing. I have oily acne prone skin and this works wonders, It helps brighten my skin and reduce oil. It also brightens my skin. Yogurt also helps relief sunburn because it contains zinc.

Also I suggest using Greek Yogurt instead of regular yogurt because it has more protein and has a thicker, creamier texture.

I usually mix it with organic honey and this helps fight acne and bacteria. I just use one part honey and one part yogurt. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and as it dries, my skin feels tighter. After i remove it my skin feels moisturized and no more oiliness. You can watch my video to see my before and after and how I make this mask.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Yoghurts masks are AMAZING!!!!

I have congested, stressed skin that is prone to breakouts. The yoghurt masks leave my skin calmer, softer and glowy. I found an organic yoghurt with honey with minimal ingredients (without sugar) and in a squeezy pack (the kind you give to kids for convenience). It costs around $2AUD and it keeps really well. One pack can last me about 4-6 weeks with frequent use. It doesn't spoil because I think the packaging helps to keep it fresh.

My favourite way to it is to wash my face with Moogoo Milk Wash and Clarisonic Mia Cashmere head then lather my skin in the yoghurt. Then I add 1-2 more layers when the initial one starts to dry. I get a better result this way as compared to a single layer. I try to leave it on for about 20 minutes like in a bath or I use a facial sheet so it doesn't drip everywhere.

If I am stressed and end up squeezing my zits and it bleeds, I use the yoghurt as a spot treatment and it takes the redness out of it straight away. I think the probiotics and honey are antibacterial too. The lactic acid in the yoghurt has a gentle exfoliating effect.

This is hands-down the best thing to do topically for your skin. It's gentle, natural and effective. Win, win, WIN!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by TheMickster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Over the past few years I've been trying a lot of home remedies and natural beauty techniques. Some are great, others not so much.
This plain yogurt is definitely a keeper!
I apply plain Greek yogurt (2%) all over my face in a medium thick layer. I let it sit for 20-60 min (until it dries completely) and then rinse with lukewarm water, followed by my Vichy normaderm purifying cleanser and Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar toner. I can immediately see results! My skin looks more radiant and glowy, my cheeks look rosy and healthy (no need for blush!) and the moisture returns to my face. My face is incredibly amazing after a yogurt masque, which I do twice a week now.
I think the lactic acid properties (an alpha hydroxy acid) in the yogurt help exfoliate dead skin cells on the top layer of skin and this is what gives the skin a hydrated, even and healthy skin tone after each yogurt masque.
I also have seen a decrease in pimples, cystic acne and my pores look smaller.

Definitely give this a try if you haven't already! You never know if it will be your miracle product, and it's so cheap! If it doesn't work for your skin just eat it ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by dealfinder648

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this last week not really expecting much, but it worked really well. My skin loves lactic acid and never realized I could use yogurt this way. I did leave it on for too long and skin was pink afterwards. So if you are sensitive, be aware of that. I cannot remember the brand name of yogurt. Anyway, skin calmed down and put on a light, no-frills SPF moisturizer on this new skin. Makeup went on beautifully. I needed a peel and going to do this on my chest too..maybe the whole body. It's cheap enough to buy a tub and do this. I also do the Queen Helene Mint Mask....love that for the sulfur for breakouts. Yogurt will become my new go-to peel. Goodbye drugstore peels.