NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

I had been eyeing this product for the longest time and it has been finally mine since 6 months ago. Have been loving it since. I always wanted to own a nice shimmery highlighter, one perfect for special occasions.
My skin tone is your typical Indian golden undertone medium skin (NC37/NC42 in Studio Fix, c5 in MAC F&B, and Barcelona in NARS Sheer Glow). I wanted a highlighter that complemented the golden undertones I have. This does just that and it looks wonderful. It's also great to combine with peachy or coral shade blushes!. The quality is great. It's finely milled and the sparkles look sheeny rather than glittery (if that makes sense lol). It's very pigmented so it's to look like a disco ball lol! Now I wish the quality would be even better. While it is finely milled, I feel like the texture would be better if it were buttery. On some days, when my base isn't good, this can look slightly powdery. The other con is well not a personal one but because this does have a strong golden undertone, I don't think it's suitable for those who have a rather pinky/red undertone. Of course give it a go but it can look very unnatural because this highlighter is def. and in your face one (hence why I don't wear it everyday).Also, like all NARS packaging, this can get dirty but secretly I do love the velvet matte texture of its packing - it feels luxurious. Also mine hasn't gotten too dirty because I don't use it everyday and I keep it in a safe secluded place like all my makeup items. Lastly the price is really high. :X. However I can't find a highlighter like this one! If I still can't find a golden highlighter that is better than this one, then I'd repurchase this.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Absolutely stunning highlighter. This is a highlighter for those not afraid of pigment. NARS Albatross is extremely pigmented and you only need a light swipe of this to make whatever on your face stand out. This highlighter can be overdone, very easily! So start off using a light hand.

I have medium dark/tan skin(NC40-42) with yellow undertones and I crave pigmentation in all of my makeup and of course, the right color of pigment. Albatross is what I have been searching for this whole time: A true yellow gold. I find most highlighters are on the white/silver/champagne side of coloring which is nice for fair skin tones but I have yellow undertones and Albatross is a match made in heaven for me. This also would look amazing on darker skin tones. Do not be fooled by it's stark white color in the pan, it sheers and buffs out nicely and gives a glowing look.

The only thing I don't like about this is the price and packaging. It is very expensive and the packaging gets dirty easily. I wore this and I instantly got compliments from people, I had a friend tell me "Your glowing like an angel!" I'm sold. Unfortunately, I cannot find any dupes for this highlighter and until then, I am willing to shell out the cash and buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Original and best. The color is white in the pan. I thought as a black women I would never be able to pull it off. But the color is transformed to sheer golden perfection. It literally looks different yet amazing on every skin tone. When I where this, I am glowing. It's so pigmented that you have to be careful not to apply too much of it will look as if you were attacked by tinkerbell.

I'm a huge HUGE NARS fanatic, and it made perfect sense to me to try out this highlighter. After all, it was purported to be *THE* highlighter to get for quite some time. I tried to make this work for me, but it just wasn't meant to be. The texture is odd for a NARS blush/highlighter. I have 36 of them (including this one), and this one is uncharacteristically dry. It's hard for it to be picked up on a brush. However, some may see this as a good thing because highlighter overboard is never cute. The biggest issue I have with this highlighter is the color. I'm about NC30 with golden undertones, so technically, this would work for me, right? I thought maybe it was the whitish base. Since then, I purchased BECCA's SSP Pressed in Moonstone, which has a slightly stronger white base. Yet, that looked 100000x more flattering on me. Then I figured it out. Albatross has this weird yellowish sheen that leans more on the green (cool) side. I prefer my highlighters to be gold, but lean on the orange side. To be honest, this isn't nearly as universally flattering as makeup advertisers want to say it is. I would only recommend this if you have olive tones to your skin (like Kim K, who was also known for using this highlighter for a while). I will be sticking to my other BECCA highlighters.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hate to be a downer, but I really don't like this highlighter. I've owned it for several years and it's just ok. It's quite dry (like Nars blushes). There's no need to worry about picking up too much product on your brush because the powder is very hard. It's nothing like the buttery Becca highlighters. On the skin it doesn't look natural IMO... it looks... yellow. Seriously, why make a highlight yellow? I just don't get it. So you can look like you're standing under a cheap fluorescent lightbulb? The only powders that should be yellow toned are delicate, virtually invisible finishing powders to counteract redness. Definitely would not repurchase, there are so many better ones out there.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I don't really know if I love this or if it's kind of nah but it's definitely not bad. It's has very fine texture that applies smoothly, not powdery at all. I find it to be versatile due to that I can dust it on very lightly and it gives such gorgeous sheen to the skin but it can be built on to a dramatic highlight for a night time look.

It has a very yellow shade which I kind of don't mind since I've got warm undertones to my skin (NC10-15) but I prefer something like mac lightscapade that doesn't have such strong yellow tone to it. That's probably the only reason I don't reach for this as often as some other ones but all in all it's a lovely highlighter!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Unique highlighter! I'm telling you it will be hard to find a dupe with this formula so don't waste your money on cheaper highlighters that look the same. NARS' blush textures are like pure silk. This highlighter is pale but goes on sheer for darker skin tones. It has an off yellowish tone but appears soft on the cheekbones and bridge of the nose. Will purchase again!

While wearing this my friend, who doesnt wear makeup at all, asked me if i had put eyeshadow on my cheeks. Its that intenste! (and i probably tend to use a little too much haha) The color is very intense and shiny on my fair skin, but tbh thats exactly how i like it! Its not really for the natural look, but for that intense, highlighter glow look. So you need to be really into your highlights..

It does apply beautiful. I dont feel like i need to use a lot before i get the desired look, a little swipe lasts a long way. It really lasts me all day, as all NARS blushes tends to do. The gold sparkle is so pretty combined with NARS blushes that has this same gold sparkle like the famous Orgasm blush. Ultimate combo if you ask me

This is a must have in my opinion (especially if you like and use Orgasm a lot), and ive hit pan in less than a year and is absolutely planning on repurchasing when its gone.

I am embarrassed to say that I don't remember when or why I purchased this. It is a highlighter, which I had not been using until recently. So my guess is someone said it was the perfect blush topper, and I bought it. I can't imagine it being a good blush topper. It is too yellow and even has a greenish cast to it (Jaclyn Hill noticed that as well). I am an NW15-20 so it is just absolutely wrong for my skin tone. It is very shimmery and nice and pigmented but I think there are a lot of prettier highlighters out there for cheaper (this one is currently $30), such as ColourPop.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I think this might be my HG highlighter. It is perfect on me, but it is definitely not universally flattering. I'm pale and yellow and this looks uhmazing on me. I can't see this working on pink toned girls. I was told this works on skin tones darker than mine, but I would disagree as I am around MAC NC15 and I think getting it to work depends more on your undertones. Has good pigmentation for a highlighter, isn't so sheer you need to pack it and not so pigmented that you need to apply sparingly. It lasts all day for me and I don't have any issues with application. The formula doesn't feel particularly amazing; it isn't silky and buttery, but it isn't cheap and low quality either. Not a big issue though, I buy luxury makeup if I want luxurious textures. I guess I would describe the shade as a white based yellow gold. I only ever like to highlight my cheekbones but I wouldn't recommend this to highlight other parts of your face such as your nose. It just made my nose look jaundiced. There are sparkle flecks in here and it isn't completely shimmery smooth (if that makes any sense), but there aren't glitter chunks or large particles so it doesn't look like glittery child's makeup. Just something to consider if you want more of a refined satin finish. Like most highlighters I am pretty sure this will last me a good while. Addicted and I recommend trying to see if it suits you! I just love how I look with this, makes me look glowy and bright. Just a perfect match for me.

Top Rated NARS Products