NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 5/2/2015 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this as my last step to a finished look. It's great for fixing any blending mistakes I've made with bronzer or blush and for hitting any spot you want to make a tad bit brighter.

I really like this highlighter. I'm still experimenting so I haven't found a favorite yet but this is definitely one of the best powder ones. My skin is very oily so sometimes the cream/lotion ones can be too oily for me...this one seems to last longer on me.

on 3/31/2015 11:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Just got this, so I may change my review over time. I use as a highlighter to offset contouring. It is yellow gold on my fair skin, and needs to be applied sparingly to avoid looking like a christmas tree on my 45 yr old skin. Finely milled NARS good quality. Not sparkle but shimmer, which is what I was going for. Looks great in the office bathroom mirrors this morning and we'll see how it settles/wears over time. Worried about it settling into pores but so far, it is quite nice.

on 3/15/2015 5:57:00 PM

This is a very cool product. Sometimes I apply it with my fingers or a small brush. It looks best down the bridge of the nose and along the cheekbones. Very little is required to achieve the right effect. Mixes well with other products.

on 3/15/2015 3:50:00 PM

After hearing so much hype about this high lighter I was sooo excited to get it but I'm kinda disappointed with it. It's great quality stuff but it looks a tad gold/yellow once applied. I like the shimmering glittery flash though. Perhaps I'm applying it too heavy handed or not using correct brush

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've tried HEAPS of highlighters but this one from NARS is pretty damn good! I've had mine for over a year now and I still haven't hit pan and I use it every day or every time I wear makeup (so pretty much everyday haha) I love the colour of this highlighter, its a perfect white shimmer with a tiny amount of yellowish gold through it if you look closely. It gives a beautiful finish with such a nice glow. I always apply mine with either a tapered highlighter brush or blush brush on my cupid's bow, down the bridge of my nose, forehead and on the sides of my eyes in a V shape going down wards towards my cheek bone.

on 2/6/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

You're killing me Nars! Or my wallet rather haha. I absolutely love this highlight and this is my first ever high end purchase of one. I've never been a highlight person, just couldn't see the difference/use for it on my skin but now I see how glowy it makes me look especially in the dead of winter. In the pan, it looks stark white but it goes on like a light champagne gold. It's not a scary yellow gold color but a subtle one which makes it look gorgeous/natural on the cheeks. I'm glad I stuck with this one rather than Becca's SSP.

on 2/3/2015 10:51:00 PM

I really wanted to love this.I was so excited to buy this.As soon as I got home I tried it immediately.First,to highlight cheek.Looked horrible.Then,I tried down the nose bridge.That too looked horrible.I tried above the brow,cupids bow.Nope,still horrible.It just seemed to clash with the foundation I was wearing =(

on 2/1/2015 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing, i love it....

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Out of the 10+ highlighters in my arsenal, this is my absolute staple. It's shockingly ghost-like in the compact, but with a light hand in the right places, I feel like freakin' J-Lo walking down South Beach with Albatross dusted on. It's my last step in my daily routine and the glow is simply gorgeous for day or night. My next favorite would be Mary Lou-manizer by The Balm, but the compact sucks and breaks regularly. Nars never fails with the quality of the compact and I can take it anywhere. It's pricey but totally worth the cost. Oh, and I have used the same one several times a week for 2 years and just had to repurchase.

Top Rated NARS Products