January 28, 2015 | 1889 users online

Cleansers - Simple - Cleansing Facial Wipes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2015 10:30:00 PM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought these at Walgreens, on special BOGO. I liked them. I take off the bulk of my makeup with makeup remover wipes then use the Philosophy face wash to get the mascara, leftovers off. These wipes were plenty moist, even after being in my stockpile since October. Lots of times if I stockpile, by the time I get to the wipes, they tend to be drier feeling so they don't remove much makeup at all. These were fresh and did remove most of my makeup. Will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2015 8:20:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I mostly use facial wipes for when I'm just too lazy to use a facial wash to remove my makeup or if I'm in a hurry/tired. These unfortunately were really irritating for my sensitive combo skin.
I did like that these did not contain fragrance in them but they do contain other irritating ingredients in them. They are affordable but you really don't get that many wipes.
I'm going to try Olay's 2-in-1 sensitive facial cloths next because they have good reviews here, on Paula's Choice, and because I like their sensitive face wash. Would not recommend the Simple cleansing wipes for those with sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2015 6:11:00 PM More reviews by alyhae

I've been using these wipes for about a week. I use them to remove my eye makeup and they do a great job even with waterproof products. No burning around my eye area which I've found usually happens with most face wipes. Good for removing foundation as well, but I find it doesn't take it all off which isn't a huge deal because I always cleanse after using anyway. My favorite part is they haven't broken me out and I have pretty sensitive skin that usually breaks out with the slightest change in my skin routine. Great for sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2015 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Sunegulf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The main reason I use facial wipes is to remove eyemake. This did not work and burned the skin around my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by SaraDLueders

Love these!!!! They're really the only makeup removing wipe that hasn't made me break out or made my face itchy and irritated. I heard about the brand before it was popular in America and was interested to try it! So glad I did

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I too had an allergic reaction to these wipes. I'm not sure which ingredient caused it, but if your skin is at all sensitive avoid these wipes. My reaction was a load of tiny, red bumps.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2014 8:30:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually got these as a free promotional gift and although I don't use facial wipes in the conventional way, I do use them for wiping my hands and brushes when I'm applying my makeup. So I still wanted to try these to see how good they were...

Obviously I can't comment on whether they remove makeup from your face, but they did do a good job of removing the excess foundation from my hands and eyeshadows etc from my brushes. These are really soft and a good size when compared with other facial wipes and baby wipes I've used, so I can imagine they would be very gentle to use on the face. They also retained their moisture which is another plus point as I've had ones in the past which have dried out really quickly and I've ended up throwing the pack away half used.

If you're someone who uses facial wipes as they were designed for and are looking for some gentle ones that won't aggravate your skin but are effective at removing your makeup, I don't think you could go far wrong with these. I've seen them in Boots, Superdrug, Savers etc ranging from 2.00 up to 3.99 which seems pretty comparable to other facial wipes on the market in the UK.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by vballgirl8981

To be honest, if I ran out of the current pack that I am using, I don't know if I will repurchase. To me, these are just regular makeup removing wipes, thats it. However, they are SUPER soft, so they won't irritate skin which is a plus for those with sensitive skin.

These makeup wipes don't remove all my makeup. Well, that's what I think. When I was only using these to remove my makeup, I would often get clogged pores. However, I'm starting to use the Body Shop Cleansing Oil to remove my makeup alone or paired with these wipes depending whether I decide to remove my face makeup earlier but don't want to follow up with a full skincare routine, or I would use these wipes to get rid of my face makeup before I workout so I won't break out. When I started to use the cleansing oil, i noticed that my face hasn't been as bumpy with the whiteheads or clogged pores that were possibly caused by left over makeup.

However, this could also be because the cleanser I follow up with after removing my makeup doesn't remove makeup. So it might be different for you if you use a cleanser after the wipes that does remove makeup alongside.

Overall, this product did not amaze me as they just seem to be regular makeup wipes to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by jessicarwx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like these wipes! They definitely do the job in making sure my face is rid of all makeup. I don't wear makeup that often but when I do have a full coverage foundation on, one wipe does the trick. These are the first and only cleansing wipes I've used for makeup removal so I can't say whether they are "the best" but they are surely great. I don't have sensitive skin but love that they can be used without irritation on people that do. They don't have any crazy scent nor do leave my face with a greasy or not very clean feeling. Definitely an item I repurchased many times!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by MaddisonB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using these wipes daily for years. I love how wet they are for a wipe compared to other brands that can be really dry in the packet (yes they are slightly more expensive than other brands but you get what you pay for) even down to the last few wipes left in the packet there always as good as when I first opened them and always leave my skin feeling clean and smooth. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to use a cleansing facial wipe.