Lansinoh Lanolin

4.7

100% pure lanolin

After trying all kinds of lip balms only to need to reapply again and again with a lack of results, I decided to finally try this nipple cream that was touted as an incredible product for lips too. I loved what it did to my lips from the first moment I applied it. It absorbs right away and I don't have to reapply it again and again because the moisture stays in. I prefer this over Vaseline.

The only problem I had was that the packaging. I used the product during winter, so it froze and was impossible to squeeze out of the tube. I knew there had to be a better alternative.

Long story short this product was a gateway to finding another product that worked the way I wanted it to. Since I knew that the main ingredient in this balm is lanolin, and I knew that I would only use this product on my lips (I don't breastfeed) I decided to look on amazon for a lip balm which main ingredient were lanolin. Bingo. So I substituted this balm for a lip balm that I love and use all the time, even if it freezes cause I just have to push the product up the tube and apply it.

What I am trying to say is that this is a great product and works amazing at moisturizing my lips, but because of the local weather I had to look for a more convenient substitute. Otherwise Id keep repurchasing.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Wow love this product, let me just say I HATE wearing any type of lipstick because even when a lipstick is really moisturizing when I put it on at first, they all end up doing the same thing drying the hell out of my lips by a couple hours later. Matte lipsticks? Forget even trying to put that shit on! But I swear after only one use of this product, I WAS ABLE TO WEAR A FRIKIN UBER MATTE LIPSTICK FOR HOURS ON END WITHOUT IT EVEN FEELING DRIED OUT!! This is HG!!! Only thing is I destroyed the lid cap I can't twist it back on but whatever!!

Another thing, I don't think this works so much as an overnight lip treatment, it's minimal at best I think. But it's sooo worth it wearing underneath lipstick anyways and that's all that matters to me!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is my HG lip balm/cracked skin healer. Seriously, I don't really post a lot of reviews on here, but I had to post one for this stuff because it is freaking amazing. Not even just for lips - I get the occasional pimple, and I always pick. 2 days treating the sore I've created by picking with this stuff and its healed. It also leaves a really nice dewy finish on your lips.

Lanolin is great for breast feeding. My nipples never cracked and bleed when I used this product regularly. This brand is expensive though. I buy mine off of the most popular auction site for a fraction of the cost. I run a licensed home day care. It is the only diaper cream that actually protects the kids from getting diaper rashes. If they get one at home, I put lanolin on and it's healed within a day.

A couple of years ago after sitting for yet another million hours at the ice rink for my son’s hockey tournament, I started reading reviews for lip balms here on MUA. I was desperate, nothing was as effective as I wanted. That’s when I read the reviews of Lansinoh, and managed to pick up a tube before getting on the ferry back to Vancouver.

This stuff is AMAZING. I felt kind of weird carting around a tube of nipple ointment, so I squeezed a good amount into a small plastic container about the size and shape of a lip balm pot (I bought the empty container in the travel products section of the drug store). I know some people don’t like sticking their fingers in these type of pots, but I don’t really care.

It is a great lip balm. If it is cold, the ointment can get a little too firm to rub on your lips, but if you stick it in your pocket or somewhere warm, it warms up quickly.

It is also a great cuticle conditioner, although it can be a little messy. I generally use it for that if I’m just vegging on the couch watching TV for a couple of hours.

It is also great as an eyebrow tamer and conditioner. It tames all those stray hairs and makes your brows look glossy and gorgeous.

I am on my last little bit of this stuff. It was pretty solid in the tube as it’s cold here right now, so I took the lid off and put it in the microwave until it was all soft and then repotted it and threw away the empty tube. I hate waste, and this way I got every last bit out.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the best product for your lips...as long as you're not vegan or allergic to lanolin.

If your lips are in poor shape from swatching lippies, liquid/matte lipsticks, the cold weather - whatever it is - this is your ticket to soft, supple lips.
Chapped lips can be fixed by applying a thin layer to clean, dry lips; waiting 5 mins or so; and then scrubbing the lips with a very warm and damp face towel.

Voilà! Soft, supple lips.

Daily or nightly use will prevent chapped lips.

While I do wish this was in a container that didn't require me to use my finger (or a cotton swab), I primarily use it at home for a nightly treatment or as part of my lip exfoliating process. I'll perform the steps above or use a sugar scrub and then apply a very thin layer of this product.

Plus, if it's safe for nursing moms and babies (who aren't vegan or allergic to lanolin) it's ok for the rest of us!

Just got the Lansinoh HPA Lanolin tube delivered from drugstore.com. I have had a chapped patch on my lower lip for a while, probably from wearing longwear lipsticks, and generally have something like that....I put some of this on about 20 minutes ago and it's already taken care of it. I'm completely amazed. I'm going to get more tubes of this stuff so I have it all over the house, in my purse, and to recommend & give to friends. I'm in love with it!!

After reading someone else's review I decided to buy this product. I have tried SO MANY products from HE to drugstore brands. I have to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this for my lips!!! I don't remember the last time I looked at my lips in the morning and they didn't still look somewhat chapped/dry even though I put something on them every night without fail. Now, since using this they look and feel amazing...highly recommend!

Simply the best thing! Perfect..moist lips, smoother lips..no more cracking..

This review is for the Lansinoh lanolin cream only. I found this product in the baby stuff aisle because it is used for nipple care. While my nips are just fine my lips aren't. This product is about as safe and non irritating as you can get especially since babies come in contact with it. I take a medication that I will be on for life. One of the top side effects is dry and cracking lips. This is THE ONLY product that works for me. I've tried so many things for my lips with no lasting results. Lansinoh is a godsend for me. I use it every night and it is still on my lips in the morning. The cracks and dryness are gone. During the day I use it too only a smaller amount. I've tried another brand that is more ointment like because it was less expensive. It just wasn't the same. Lansinoh is more creamy but has incredible staying power. I hope it works for some of you like it does for me.

Popular Lip Treatments