April 19, 2014 | 872 users online

Conditioner - Trader Joe's - Balanced Moisturizing Nourish Spa Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by armaclin041584

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect all around conditioner. Very inexpensive but a has great ingredients and gets the job done. I prefer using this over Suave and Vo5 conditioners.

I get multiple uses out of it. For myself, I love to co-wash or use it as a leave-in. I also love using it to shave with. The scent is nice and neutral. On vacation, this is what I bring for the entire family to use (my husband is Scottish and even likes it). Our 9 year old son uses this to wash and condition his curls with also.

For the price, it's worth trying out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by AngieGCarp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is just a super nice, low priced conditioner that conditions my colored hair just right for shine and bounce. Combined with the matching shampoo it is lovely but as I was thinking that this would be a perfect cleansing conditioner. It is almost foamy if that makes sense. The price for this product is a shabby chic girls dream...wait for it?! 2.99! Luxury for less.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Caffeinatrix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW, what a phenomenal value! Under $5, as I recall. It'll be a sad day if whatever company makes this stuff decides to end its partnership with TJs... hopefully by then I'll have figured out what its HE analogue is. It's definitely HE quality and I wouldn't feel ripped off paying several multiples more than what TJs is charging for it.

* Wonderful slip when wet; smooth, shiny, tangle-free hair after air-drying
* Light, pleasant, not too perfumey scent
* Ingredient list that you could practically eat - I uploaded a pic of the label, check it out!

I'm not yet sold on the shampoo - its ingredient list is equally edible looking, but my hair felt kind of squeaky/tangly til the conditioner went into it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by rcblinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm always venturing into new products but for the past 5 years I've always come back to both the shampoo and conditioner! I love anything Trader Joes and it's no different with this duo. I'll admit though, the shampoo can dry my scalp out a tad but nothing too extreme. I generally remedy this by applying a small amount of coconut oil to my scalp before cleansing. As for the conditioner, it by far creates the most amount of slip I have ever experienced from a non-silicone 'dish. The ingredients are absolutely amazing as is the smell and it leaves my 2a/2b M ii hair extremely soft and tangle free. For hair that is not chemically treated and rarely sees heat, this is almost too conditioning for me at times! The packaging is extraordinarily simple which I love and is unassuming in the shower. The price tag is just the cherry on top!

I have only two gripes-the actual bottle makes dispensing the last 1/4 of this a pain in the rear. You literally have to violently shake it up and down and that runs the risk of shooting away from you like a hockey pock. The only other complaint is the thickness of the formula- it's so darn thick, it can be difficult to spread throughout the length. What I do to get around this is spread it on as best as I can and then let the spray from the shower help distribute it more evenly. Wait a couple of minutes, rinse and voila-beautiful hair! Love love love Trader Joes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

**There is another page for reviews of this same product**

Pros:

1. Not tested on animals
2. Great ingredients
3. My hair reacted really well to this
4. Relatively inexpensive

Cons:

1. I wish they had a jumbo-sized bottle where you could pay a bit more for more product. It's a pain to have to frequently go to the store for conditioner when you run out. They only sell this product in a standard sized bottle and since I have long hair, I have to use more than the average person.
2. It's also a pain to have to go to a special store just for your hair product. They only sell this at TJ's, of course.

I really like this conditioner, over all. In fact, I love it. My hair loved it, too. My hair is naturally wavy and sometimes frizzy and dry. After using this for a small length of time and allowing my hair to get used to it, my hair became more moisturized, not frizzy, and straightened out quite a bit. I used this only in conjunction with the corresponding shampoo. I'm not sure if I would have gotten the same effect with my hair if I had been using a different shampoo with this conditioner.

I used the Nourish Spa Moisture Balance shampoo and conditioner every other day. On the days when I didn't wash my hair, I simply wet my hair in the shower and left it alone. I find that this allows my hair to look and feel healthier rather than washing it every day. When using this every other day, my hair wasn't oily on the days when I didn't wash it. That was great!

I would repurchase this if I stopped at a TJ's and had the extra money to throw around. This was my go-to conditioner for months and months, but then I switched to something cheaper with more product per bottle. I would definitely recommend this to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Good stuff! Makes my hair smell and feel great, but I have to use a lot of it to achieve these results.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by mishalux

This product is great because it is void of many harsh chemicals and fragrances and the price is pretty economical; however, it did not do well in maintaining the health of my hair. I have very fine and thin hair, and using this product resulted in me getting split ends. It dries out my hair and my scalp looks oily by the next day. I've tried using more conditioner in an attempt to moisturize it more, but it just causes more of my hair to fall out. There is a noticeable improvement in my hair after I stopped using this product. I really wish this product worked for my hair though since it's difficult to find such healthy hair products for a good price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

So far, this is probably the best co-wash I have used. I love it. Detangles, moisturizes, and leaves hair very clean.

I have it as a rinse out conditioner and also works wonders. I would recommend this to all hair types, but especially the drier types. Superior moisture!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by CarbonaNotGlue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, this is the shocking beauty find of the year! I have color-treated hair, and I'm still trying to find my ultimate conditioner. The best I'd found up to now was Pravana Color Ensure, which costs $13 for a 10.1 oz. bottle. But this stuff is just as good -- maybe better -- and it costs $2.99 for 16 oz!

Fantastic slip, very light smell (which I like), and just all around awesome. The shampoo is good too, and they're both sulfate- and silicone-free. And of course you can't beat the price! If you co-wash, go get this right now. It really is as good as people say.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i dont like this much as a conditioner because i found it, well, not very conditioning on my very dry ends. yet i rated it five lippies because i love this as a shampoo! i used to color my hair very bright colors that fade fast, yet my scalp is naturally extremely EXTREMELY oily..that poses an issue with fading from washing every day which i have to. i dont remember what made me use this as a shampoo but it is the best for preventing hair color fade. what you do is take some and massage into scalp very well. obviously it wont foam. the oils in this will bind to your scalp oils but you need to give it at *least* 3-5 minutes. i basically apply when i hop in and rinse right before i get out. hair is perfectly clean with no shampoo needed :) try it and thank me later!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No