October 22, 2014 | 946 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Almond Body Butter

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

The scent is truly nauseating! Made me feel sick!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hate that these are so expensive, cause i love it <3

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by supasparkle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Perfect body butter! Makes your skin super soft and smells divine! Also wont overpower your perfume which is a bonus

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by bornitaq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I prefer pump packaging so that you don't get your fingers in the product and contaminate it. Also I think this open packaging makes certain ingrediants react with the air and spoils the product.
I used this product after I showered with The Body Shop's Mango shower gel. (I know, the scents together is a strange combination).
This product gave me a few little pimples on my arms, which I have only gotten from one product previously (Lush bath bomb).
Other than that I like the smell and it does moisturize.
I wouldn't purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Super moisturizing formula that transformed the dry itchy skin of my legs!!! I also used it all over my body and noticed my skin got softer and more firm. I have always loved the almond scent, even if its durability is not the best. It is kind of greasy which helps seal the moisture on skin for a longer period of time, it's always advisable to use this after a shower.
On a side note, I found this product too expensive for it's quantity. Since I use it all over my body, $20 for this canister seemed ridiculously expensive for me. Doesn't last me for more than three weeks, but for I guess for its soothing properties it could be worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ChaleLaD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This body butter moisturize my semi-dry to dry skin!! :D The butter is firm and some kind of hard creamy lotion. Moister-based products with oils and fats(sheabutter, cacaobutter, mango butter etc.) gives anti-ageing properties.

**When you apply this butter into your legs, leave it to sink for about 20-30 minutes ONLY IF YOU ARE WEARING PANTS!!. Otherwise it feels like your legs got a sticky feeling with your pants!!** A better option is to use it on your legs before bedtime.

It applies smoothly into my skin and leaves a kind of oily waxy recede which is great because it SEALS IN THE MOISTURE. I prefer this fat type of cream-texture rather than a more water-based moisturizer who leaves my skin soft for 10 minutes and then my skin feels still dry. **When you applies this butter into your legs, leave it to sink for about 10-20 minutes and the put your example pants on. Otherwise it feels like your legs got a sticky feeling with your pants**

It smells like masipane and the fragrance are strong, level 4 of 5. When I moisturizer my hand with this body butter my skin gets oily and soft and the scent lingers.

This product isn't a miracle for dry skin during winter season. I will get a 4 of 5 stars during the winter.

During the summer it feels a kind of heavy if you are doing sport activities and sweats but rather have moist skin during summer than craky skin from the heat and the showers. ;)

**The major ingredients in this product**: Water - Sweet/Almond oil - Cacao butter - Shea butter - And the different fillers and preservative.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by kattmua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This smells like a delicious marzipan topped, sugary cake

The scent is strong and long lasting, so it can be used as a scented body lotion without the need for perfume/body spray

a word of caution: after applying all over the body, the scent although beautiful will be strong and can be overwhelming when you first use it

however, after an hour or so, the scent calms down and lingers pleasantly (but not overwhelmingly) on the body and clothes for the whole day

i admire it's longevity and so don't apply perfume when wearing this.

however, some people may prefer applying it right before bed- so by the morning the scent is not so dominant but lingers pleasantly.

This is only available on the christmas/ easter sales.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by finch96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very dry, sensitive skin that requires tons of extra moisture, especially in the winter. Every single product in my shower and on my vanity has "hydrating" or "moisturizing" somewhere on the label, because my skin is always thirsty for more. I am also a nurse, and winter is particularly brutal on your hands when you are a nurse, due to the fact that you wash your hands 1000 times a shift at work. My hands were forever dry, I always had hangnails, I always had dry cuticles, I always had little splits at the tips of my fingers. This is even with using paraffin baths and creams as rich as Nivea and Aquaphor.

Then I tried Almond Body Butter. I am ADDICTED, and my hands are in the best shape they've been in since I can remember. First and foremost, the smell is lovely. A soft, sweet almond scent that is not too cloying and not too overpowering. Slightly less than Jergens original lotion cherry almond scent, for reference. The butter is rich, but soft and smooth and spreads easily into the skin. It does leave my hands and arms greasy for about 5-10 minutes after I put it on, but this is probably due to the fact that I use a large dollop (about the size of a marble) each time I moisturize. Regardless, I personally can get past the greasy phase because of what this product has done for my skin.

Even with constant hand washing, cleaning, taking care of 2 kids, and dry winter air heated with gas heat (which is even more drying than a heat pump) and no humidifier in the house, my hands are soft and crack free, with no hangnails. My cuticles are supple and actually look like they're supposed to look.

I got this tub on sale at Ulta for $15. I liked it so much that when The Body Shop had a sale the next week, I got 2 tubs of the Cocoa Butter for $5/each and one mini tub of the Coconut Butter for $6, free shipping. For the price and the quality of the product, I give this 5 lippies all around. It is a truly fantastic product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like almond smells :) and this body butter is nice, it is thick while still sinking in quite well and my favorite use is right before sleeping at nigh because it does leave a light greasy film (bad enough that I dont want it on my books, not so bad that it bothers me).
Only reason I probably wont buy again is I am always trying out new things! I do like this scent better than the mango one I had before.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by jenny4m

Aboslutely love the smell. The cream is very thick and when I apply the cream, it makes my skin so silky smooth.