La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 3/28/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know many of you here think this is a total waste of money, maybe it is for some....but for me it worked like magic on my skin. I did go through a lot of creams during this winter before settling with this one...and I have done extensive research on the ingredients before buying this product. If anyone interested, check out my review on my blog: http://bit.ly/1GBzgK4 It is however way too intense for anything other than dry winter months.

on 3/26/2015 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was thoroughly disappointed having spent 700 on their products to discover there was very little substance to their products. The creams are a marketing ploy to lure customers in upon their gimmicky packaging, there is absolutely nothing that is of value, in their potions. They do nothing and they offer a very poor mixture of components that does nothing to improve skin's texture or its' appearance. All their products fail on the following :
enhancing skin's texture, infusing radiance, removal of fine lines, uneven skin tone and pigmentation, pore reduction, luminosity, nourishing the skin with essential oils and replenishing it. This creme is absolutely good for nothing, useless cream that has a hefty price tag and bogus packaging to lure you in so you feel special because you have bought an expensive product - this is merely the purpose it's serving, therefore avoid at all costs and invest in a 1 Nivea Cream which will bring you better result at a fraction of the price. I repeat - AVOID!

on 3/23/2015 3:57:00 PM

I don't understand the hype around this product. It's all MARKETING and nothing else.

Keep in mind that it's in a jar (read: anything good inside will break down when exposed to air and light and you're left with a jar of nothing). Not to mention that it's unsanitary to constantly be dipping into it again and again. The inclusion of essential oils also damages skin and makes it more sensitive to UV rays and can increase the speed of skin aging - the opposite of what it's MEANT to do.

There are WAY better options out there for much less money.

on 3/1/2015 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm in my 40's and have very dry skin. This works for me (even better than Aquaphor). I detest high-priced skin care, but I finally gave in to this because after trying many samples, it provides the deepest hydration I've experienced. If you don't have dry skin, save your money. This doesn't make my pores smaller, cause scars to fade, or remove wrinkles. It's very hydrating for my dry skin....that's it.

on 2/24/2015 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So so glad I bought it! A pricey gamble, and I was hesitant because of all the very negative reviews. But even after the first application, my dry skin soaked it up and my face was only slightly tacky. My skin looked dewy, didn't feel tight anymore but felt soft instead. This is my third day and I can see slight improvement without the cream on my face. Skin is less crepey, less wrinkly, but lines are still there. I'll update this later.

One month later, using it only at night, I find my skin smooth, glowing, and lines less noticeable. In fact, the "11" lines have almost disappeared. Once my Thalgo is finished, I'm going to use it twice a day. I love it so much that I just bought the Eye Concentrate hoping for the same miracle.

on 2/22/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this cream!! I'm 46 and my skin is very dry. I have gone through every organic line of skincare, brands like Skinceuticals and others via dermatologists and of course lancome, Shiseido, Estee etc... I have taken care of my skin since I was 18. This cream, for ME works wonders. It took away, my dry patches, redness, bumps and blotchy skin. I Also use La Mer SPF30 sunscreen every day rain, snow or shine. Sunscreen will always be your #1 age fighter. I will add that their sunscreen is not greasy and doesn't make my face look like a ghost. That being said, I'm proud of my youth and thankful I've always chosen to use high-end skincare and will never stop. I use the 3.4oz morning and night and it lasts me 6 months easy. You probably spend more than that on coffee lol. I don't and never have spent money on dermatologists or salon treatments. Just good skincare and sunscreen, that's all you'll ever need. Grow old with grace and don't let society make you feel that you must look a certain way to feel beautiful.

FYI, this is a cream for very dry skin. They do have face cream for oily, normal and combo as well. Keep that in mind when you try this as it's very emollient.

on 2/16/2015 9:56:00 PM

I have been using the Gel for over 8 months now as the cream was always too heavy for my skin and made me breakout. At first it didn't feel like it was doing much to my skin or helping moisturise it but after using it for this long I have noticed a difference. My overall skin on my face is so smooth and soft and my red acne scars have faded. I've been trying to figure out why and then I realised it's because I use the gel daily only once in the daytime and it really helps balance out my skin. As expensive as it is that one pot has lasted me all this time but is almost running out so I will one hundred percent buy it again

on 2/11/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used La Mer for probably close to 20 years. I remember asking my husband to buy it for me as a birthday gift when I was in my twenties. Have used it every day since. Today I have almost no wrinkles, smooth even toned skin, and get compliments on my skin all the time. I'm sure this wonderful cream gets the credit for that, since it is the only thing I've used consistently for all these years. And I'm a former sun worshipper...beach, tanning beds, etc. but no one can believe I've ever spent one day in the sun.
I have tried over the years to find cheaper alternatives to La Mer and trust me, nothing comes close. Nothing moisturizes as well or gives me the glow I get with this. Its expensive but worth every penny, the proof is in my mirror.

on 2/4/2015 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

MEHHHHHH, omg meh. After trying a ton of moisturizers I decided to suck it up and try this. I got it at Nords cause I figured if i hated it they wouldn't hassle me about return (I was right)
First of all it broke me out, slightly, but still. Secondly it was a pain in the ass to smear on my face. in the mornings I really didn't feel like my skin felt or looked any better. There are other better creams for the same price and significantly less that I feel have moisturized my skin better. Again, MEH and trust me I really wanted to like it and for it to work.

on 1/25/2015 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Fresh, radiant cream. Quite rich, so only a tiny amount is needed. I would probably only recommend this to normal/dry skin types as it might be overstimulating for oiler skins. Beautiful packaging, and a lovely aesthetic around the brand. The only cons with this product is the price tag (major con!) & the fact that this cream has the exact same smell + texture as the original Nivea cream. I couldn't believe it! The original Nivea you can buy for a £1. All in all, nice cream, pretty basic, felt comfortable, nice if you feel like treating yourself, probably wouldn't buy again.