September 1, 2014 | 1077 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Creme de la mer moisturizer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by SummerGlow

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Go buy Nivea in the blue jar and you'll see the results are exactly the same and so are their ingredients. I've tried both and like that Nivea is the same. I also use it as eye cream. Wow is all I have to say. First few ingredients are same. I've tried both for a few months and Nivea wins. I know. I thought I'd never ever say that in a million years!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 4:26:00 AM More reviews by starchild8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised to read such harsh reviews of creme de la mer. I am acne-prone and am able to use this product.

Being an acne sufferer on retin-a micro, my winter exposed skin was left very dry and sensitive. I used creme de la mer and was amazed at how it enriched my skin and made it glow. Even after i washed my face in the evening (after wearing the creme under my makeup all day, including around my eyes), my skin was soft and smooth and no longer dried out.And studies i have read show that algae/seaweed extracts do thicken skin and promote collagen growth.

Along with the extract it contains many skin preserving minerals like copper while nivea contains none of these. That being said, it is understandable that the price of creme de la mer is off-putting and some consumers may still prefer using a cream that does not contain fermented algae/seaweed or minerals and paying over one hundred dollars more.

I use the creme mainly during cold or dry weather and alternate with other products. Perhaps that is why i've had no breakouts. I do notice that when i use la mer my skin is smooth and glowing even after i wash my face and i can't say that any other moisturizer has quite that same effect, even though they too are good moisturizers.

My main criticism is the high cost makes it necessary for me to use this creme more sparingly than i normally would, but i would never want to go through a harsh winter without it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

NO LIPPIES. This creme provoked the only vicious breakout I've ever experienced.

Care to know why?

Seaweed extract.

Google it....

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by MDMAmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Creme De La Mer can give you beautiful results, but the brand itself seems to be a total HOAX. I've been a professional makeup artist for nearly 10 years and have only worked in the retail aspect for 3+ years. I was the biggest La Mer Cheerleader until I started questioning the validity of it's origins. The past month I've spent trying to find information regarding the brand prior to it's "purchase" by Estee Lauder. I wrote a very detailed blog that I continue to update on my findings. I don't recommend anyone buy this product until Estee Lauder can prove their story behind this cream. http://beautystyled.com/2014/08/17/some-thoughts-on-creme-de-la-mer/

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Malinda26

Love love love it. If you like me have extremely dry flaky skin you will fall in love with this cream it moisturises so well its very rich and nice floral scent. It's alot of money for an excellent moisturizer but Aqueous and Other Glycerin creams do not work for me even though they were prescribed to me. I don't suffer eczema but my skin is just so dry that I couldn't wear foundation in the past but not anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by misscocktail

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just bought this Cream today. After a lot of research and interrogating the SA I decided to give it a try. I intend to use it sparingly and make it a part of my weekly facial routine and as a night cream (3 times a week). I just cleaned my face with my clarisonic and after that I used my weekly scrub with coconut milk from Inecto.To finish I used La Mer to moisturise and my skin feels really pampered and nourished. I hope I'll wake up tomorrow with a well rested and plumped skin. Until so far, I like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by goodcreams

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is glorified Nivea. It would probably work on extremely dry skin types, but it is TOO heavy. Don't understand the hype about this cream....

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by tiffanyhehe

It is just a really thick cream. With lots of perfume. I bought 2oz is able to use for a year.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by vivian308

I bought a small jar of this to try due to lots of hype around this product..and to my disappoint it did not do a thing but made my face look like a shining disco balls (not in a good way) and caused clogged-pores..it is so heavy and has the same consistent like Nivea cream I don't understand the science behind this cream, it just simply didn't work for me...and it's sooo expensive...and many celebrities still endorse it...don't understand...maybe this will work when I get to 60s-70s age range and won't have any more oil in my skin and just need some serious hydration, but for now I'm staying clear from this product...I think putting Nivea on my face probably delivers same results

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by violettuxedo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Way overpriced like a lot of face creams. I believe La Mer started the evolution of marketing extremely high priced cosmetics like Creme de La Mer and the benefits of price expenditure= good for you!

This cream when you break down the ingredients are relatively cheap and easy to acquire individually.

Most creams on the market have identical ingredients but their nomenclature is what sets them apart: English vs Latin.

It appears that if you use Latin on your ingredient list, this from the companies' point of view can easily mislead or deceive.

Don't waste your money on this cream which is easily over $350 for a small jar.

Check out the ingredient list and find similar creams that sell for $20 a jar and do the exact same thing for your skin.

Consumers need to educate themselves on creams and serums and ask an expert like a dermatologist who has a Medical Degree and then 4-5 years of specialist training on top of the M.D.

Cosmetic sales people in big stores like Neimans and Barneys probably have a grade 12 high school education and they sell these products to the public as if they are multiple degree'd salespeople, they are not otherwise they would be working at a real job which behooves their education. They get their marketing information from the company like Estee Lauder and sell or promote the information as if it is rocket science: it is NOT! You for the most part are getting ripped off at the beauty counter.

These cosmetic sales people are selling on commission, so you need to be aware of information coming from a salesperson who is paid more money dependent on their sales of the cosmetics and creams that they load upon you.

Having said the above, there are creams and serums that actually have ingredients that work: Creme de la Mer is NOT one of them!

Buyer Beware