Dove Summer Glow

3.3

on 3/17/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am currently using dove summer glow moisteriser in med/dark and am loving it! It's perfect for a bit of colour thru winter and in the summer I imagine it would be perfect to build a darker colour too. I applied it after a shower for 2 nights in a row and I now only need to touch up every 3 or 4 days. I don't end up with patchy hands and orange knuckles with this like I did when I used to use self tans that you wait to develop then wash off. And no stained bedding with this either!

I exfoliated before use, but it still left horrible streaks! I tried several times with different methods to get this off, but ended up getting it evened out with a spray tan :/ Maybe it works better on darker skinned people? Either way, I think I prefer to stay ghostly until I can find where to buy my old self tanner again...

on 1/16/2014 3:08:00 PM

I have pake scandinavian skin. To get an actual result with this prodyct i use the one for medium to dark skin and i add 2 coats after each other. I apply the first layer after shower and after its absorbed i do the second layer. This works for me when i already have a bit of tan underneath. Otherwise even eith 2 layers and applying for 3 days straight it doesnt give much of a result. The price is good but i wouldnt buy it again cos i simply dont see the result..

on 10/6/2013 12:34:00 PM

I like this gradual tanner it applies well and it is moisturizing however I do not like the smell that develops along with the tan. the packaging is good it looks like any other dove lotion. this would be the perfect gradual tanner if the smell wasn't so bad, it makes you smell dirty, i wouldn't call it the typical fake tan smell but another smell i cannot explain.

on 9/27/2013 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Gosh... What a nightmare! I was looking for a gradual self-tan-I was running out of my beloved Lancaster one and I thought for some reason that it would be a good idea to change... I seem to remember that I tried that in the past and I remember it didn't really smell that bad, so I thought I should try that again.
Well, it actually felt very sticky on application (I don't remember it being so sticky when it was first launched, so perhaps they have changed the formulation or something?) that I actually had to have another shower to get rid of it. I mean, really very sticky. As for the smell, well it doesn't really smell of self-tan a lot (the smell if actually fairly pleasant) but frankly, I couldn't stand the stickiness, so I can't even say whether you can tan nicely with this thing or not.
Not a good product for me - yes it's cheap, but perhaps try Lancaster's gradual tanner. It does a magnificent job, and it's not sticky at all. I don't think I will buy that again...

on 7/2/2013 2:32:00 AM

This product is great if you want a really natural looking gradual tan, it really does work however the smell is not so nice and i felt really sticky after applying it. I really wish Vaseline had not discontinued theirs, it was the same concept but much better!

on 6/17/2013 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

not so good!! don't bay it again .

on 6/17/2013 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Skin tone: NC15-20 naturally, NC25-30 summer, NC30-37 fake tanned
Skin undertone: WARM yellow
Skin tolerance to the sun: Easily burnt (painful!) with tan afterwards

This was my first ever tanner that i bought at the mere age of 13. (yes, I know tutt tutt) SInce I didnt know anything about self tanning, I believed that this gave me a gorgeous summery glow and made me look like like an ethereal goddess. Oh, how very wrong I was. More like tangerine, carrot legs. yup. -.-

It wasnt until I began to buy more and gradual tanners and eventually self tanners that i finally realised how incredibly naive i was. The colour was streaky, orange and artificial compared to my current HG, St Moriz Dark Mousse.

The smell was also horrendous. It smelled really heavy and perfumed on application and when it developed, it smelled like feet and biscuits. Urgh. My sheets and clothes smelled of it as well. To top it off, this took ages to completely dry and when it did, my skin felt tacky.

NEVER buying again.

on 4/12/2013 3:39:00 PM

I have given this a couple of chances and although it does give me a tanned glow, it always turns so streaky and patchy for me and is so difficult to scrub off. It smells lovely at first but the self tan smell really does come through. It gave me the colour I wanted, but the fact it is so hard to scrub off and left such dirty streaky marks put me off.

on 2/7/2013 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

EWWW this is awful!! It turns you a disgusting orange/yellow colour and it stinks! At first it smells nice and then the smell develops into a granny biscuit rotten mushroom smell! EW. I have this normal one and recently bought one with +soft shimmer which i saw my auntie use, and she says it works well, but no... no! It looks ridiculously unnatural. It can get rather blotchy on me too... I wont be buying this again, such a shame, i really wanted it to work well. I noticed that maybe with one application every now and then you would probably look fine, but i applied two coats.. 2 days in a row, like it says.. apply daily! And its turned into awful orangey yellow. Thank god ive only done one of my arms, couldnt bare my whole body being like this. EW. Maybe I can use up what I have with just applying it say.. once every 3-4 days.. But wont be buying this again!