Almay Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

2.2

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

on 4/5/2015 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

For something that claims to be oil-free, it sure feels oily. I had the Almay remover cloths, but they dried out (bad packaging) so I used this to 'rehydrate' them so to speak. It works, but it's so greasy and it stung my eyes. Will not repurchase. I will stick to Huggies baby wipes. 72 for $2, do not sting, and they remove my makeup well.

on 2/21/2015 11:25:00 PM

First off, it stung my eyes like crazy. The product claims to be without irritation but it does the total opposite - for me anyway. I put it on a cotton ball/round, as you would, and then gently placed it on my eyelid for a couple of seconds. Straight after I began to feel a burning sensation and it irritated my eye so bad that I had to apply cold water to it. I didn't want to attempt it on my other eye in case it caused the same results.

I bought this product on a whim because I was running out of eye makeup remover. I have two holy grail eye makeup removers but one day I decided to try a cheaper alternative with similar product claims. I don't want to hate on the product because it probably works on others but I honestly recommend that if you want to try other eye makeup removers, smell the product first if you can because if it has a strong chemical-like smell, chances are it could sting your eyes and cause irritation.

on 12/17/2014 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Kind of stings and doesnt remove all makeup. Not that good for sensetive eyes.

on 12/17/2014 10:12:00 AM

It removes the daily makeup without any difficulties but it's pretty hard to get rid of the eyeliner/mascara. If you rub over your lashes, be careful, your lashes might fall out. And smells horrible like drugstore alcohol.

It definitely not worth the title of "#1 eye makeup remover brand in America", definitely bullshit.

on 11/24/2014 5:16:00 PM

I might as well be washing my eyes with water because this stuff does not work. i bought it because I had just ran out of my old nivea one and desperatly needed one plus it was on sale. I got it for around 6 bucks which is a great price and the packaging was cute so I got it, bad idea. I do not wear a lot of eye makeup. Gel eyeliner and mascara, thats pretty much it, today I was wearing a shimmery eyeshadow as well if it makes a difference. I used three cotton balls drenched in this and it only managed to remove my eyeshadow and a bit of my eyeliner (the wing) My mascara which is not waterproof stayed put and there is still a little eyeliner left that I gave up on. My old makeup remover which was also cheap removed it in like two swipes. I decided to give it another change and see if it would remove my concealer but it didnt do a very good job tho i know its an eye makeup remover. It did not irritate my eyes or leave an oily residue if you are wondering. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless the only thing you wear is eyeshadow.

on 11/17/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I always cleanse my face as well as possible before I use eye makeup remover; however this particular brand made my eyes very irritated and raw underneath and left them watering for several hours. No matter how gently I tried to remove the traces of leftover mascara and eyeliner with a very soft cotton pad, this eye makeup remover just didn't seem to do its job. I am glad that I was not wearing any waterproof eye products! This formula also separates very quickly so you must shake it every moment or so while using it. My undereye area felt extremely dry afterwards and continued stinging, even in the morning after usage.

on 7/9/2014 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've had this bottle for a while, I believe I got it during one of CVS's clearance sales. I should have known!

This burns my eyes, no matter how I try to use it. It doesn't remove mascara even regular washable mascara. Heck, sometimes this won't even remove eyeshadow!

I'm almost done with the bottle, but I can't take it anymore. Down the drain it goes. Horrible.

on 4/7/2014 5:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Ouch! This stuff leaves my eyes stinging and blurry for hours after use! I have to dump visine in them to soothe some of the irritation away and I'm still left blinking a ton and squinting. Horrible.

"Gentle"? Not even!

This stuff is going in the trash and I'm going to give the neutrogena a go.

on 3/14/2014 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This review is specifically for the "long wear and waterproof" version. Absolutely horrible. This product caused my eye area to burn for hours after use, my eyes would not stop watering all night long! My eyes were sore and tender for days afterward, this product was returned, which I never do. Will never try another Almay eye product.

on 1/21/2014 1:33:00 PM

This is the it doesn't remove eye makeup it stings your eyes and it always goes in because your having to try and force the eye makeup off its terrible don't waste your money