Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

3.9

******NEW FORMULA: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane CrosspolymerSilica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ci 77019/Mica, Ci 77491/Iron Oxide, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 75470/Carmine.

on 2/26/2015 4:31:00 PM

Great primer for fine lines and under eyes. I find that primers often dry out my skin. This primer moisturizer and smooths my fine lines as it primes.
It might be too slippery to use on your whole face. I just use under eyes, forehead and nose.
I look younger when I wear it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product! covers imperfertions and smooths skin texture. Super good if you wanna cover acne scars

on 10/21/2014 3:44:00 PM

A friend of mine loves this product and convinced me to buy it. I liked it, and it definitely made my face look smoother when i applied it. The only problem was, once i put foundation over it...I didn't like the way it looked. It made my skin look a less toned. I think this product is great if you don't wear makeup and are looking for something to help your pores look smaller and skin smoother... But its not that good as a primer for makeup. MIGHT buy again but still not 100% convinced of its magic. I had been using laura mercier primer before makeup and think it did a much better job.

on 10/19/2014 9:04:00 PM

I have had a love hate relationship with this primer. I bought this at about 25 years old when my face was much more oily. It slid and wasn't something I liked. Fast forward and now I'm 32. My skin is much more normal but I have those under eye smile lines. I dab a little teeny tiny under my eye and spread. Instant line filler. Hallelujah! It still has too much slip to go around my nose where I get the most oily. But I love this product now... where as in my 20s I was more perplexed by it. My concealer easily glides over top and stays all day. I have even forgetten to put it on before makeup and lightly dabbed it over lines afterwards. Works wonderfully.

on 8/14/2014 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product b/c I thought my wedding makeup artist used this on me, but I had the wrong product. Being a primer/makeup base I thought I would get use out of it anyway and so I kept it.

I was disappointed when I opened the jar, because the product strongly resembles the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base, which I don't care for. Thus far, however, Instant Smooth doesn't seem to break me out the way the L'Oreal base did. I use it around my eyes where I have fine lines; and between/above my eyebrows, on my nose and on either side of my nose where my pores are most visible. I don't notice a smell and the texture is very smooth if a little slippery/silicone-y. It goes on very easily and I do use the spatula to get the product to my hands, rather than digging my fingers into the jar each time I use it.

As a makeup base this works fine in that it doesn't ball up under my liquid foundation. However, by the end of the day it does go a little bit oily on my forehead, and perhaps the foundation slips a little.

I like this product well enough and will continue to use it, but I really do prefer the Benefit POREfessional - it stays more matte on me during the day plus it seems to blur more effectively than the Instant Smooth.

on 7/29/2014 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love all things clarins and I'm the first to give a positive review but really didn't like this primer. Once my foundation was on ( which was clarins foundation also) my nose and chin foundation slipped off. Looked awful. Love clarins but won't be buying this I'm afraid! I would advise anyone to ask to try before buy!

on 5/27/2014 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this primer to blur my pores, and it works really well. It has a thick texture, so I use it only on the pores area. For the rest of my face I use a lighter primer of other brand.
At first, I used to put my regular primer all over my face, and then the Clarins primer on my pores. But it didn't work well. My liquid foundation didn't blend very well, and my cheeks looked cakey. After a few times I changed the order: First I apply the Clarins primer, and then my regular primer. Now it works really amazing.
This is a good primer for covering pores and wrinkles only! but you'll have to find the best way to use it yourself. I think that with powder foundations it's ok to use this primer alone, but with liquid foundations it's necessary to put a light primer over the clarins primer, otherwise it won't blend well.

on 5/5/2014 5:44:00 AM

I've been buying this for years - it really works for under eyes! It doesn't seem to work anywhere else though, and I've tried.

on 2/21/2014 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Clarins but found this hard to love. I didn't like the fiddly spatula and didn't want to put my fingers in the little pot over and over either, so it was hard to get the right amount of product. It seemed to work fine but no better than any other primer I have used. Disappointing.

uxi

on 2/19/2014 7:01:00 PM

An excellent primer for blurring pores/deep acne scars. Has a thick texture with a slightly oily touch. This may cause a problem if you don't buff well enough when using a liquid foundation. Powder foundations however work very well if you apply it in a dabbing/pressing motion.
Comes in an oval container that is not the most hygienic packaging. I do not mind since I always wash my hands and keep my application area/products clean.
Quite pricey since it is Clarins, but I will purchase again if the supposed dupe Garnier's Perfect Blur 5 seconds does not work.