October 23, 2014 | 1743 users online

Eyeliner - Bare Escentuals - Patio Party Liner Shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Givz

I got this eyeshadow liner with a started kit (eyes, cheeks and lips) looooong time ago. When I first tried I didn't like it because it was so messy and I ended with a bunch of the eyeshadow on my cheeks. So I stopped using it for almost two years. Then I realized that I was doing everything wrong. If you want to avoid the product to be very messy on your face make sure that you really tap the brush to get the excess from the brush. I did that way and now it is one of my favorite eyeliners. The color goes very nice on brown eyes and brights the eye. On medium skin or tan looks really pretty, so give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by heathersmakeupaddiction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is really nice. I use it when I don't want to use e/s, primer, and all that on my eyelids, but I still want to make my eyes pop. It is a rich, deep brown color with multicolor sparkles (not at all obnoxious or large in my opinion) that is simply beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by hurdles2003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A very lovely dark brown with plenty of shimmer. I tend to prefer blacks because my lashes are so dark, but this shade is a nice alternative if I feel like doing a softer look. Doesn't work well for me dry - (fades, smears, etc.) But when used with Weather Everything sealer it works wonders! You can definitely see the shimmer when applied wet or dry, so you'll have to decide if you like that effect. Personally, I think it looks great!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by cofarb

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I spend too much time applying Bare Escentual liner/shadows but it's worth it. And Patio Party is the best BE color I've tried so far. (I also love Bark but seem to be sensitive to something in that color.) Unlike most browns, Patio Party doesn't turn red on my eyes. And the bit of shimmer is fun without being ridiculous.

Horrible packaging like all BE products. Whenever I get a new BE product, I transfer a small amount of it into a different container. That way, if I spill it, I don't lose the whole thing. And I also don't feel like I'm contaminating the entire jar when I dip a wet brush into it.

For this and all powder liners, I use a good angled Taklon brush from a craft store. (Sometimes I even cut off half of the bristles to make a very narrow angled brush.) I think this type of brush works better (and is cheaper) than liner-specific brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Patio Party is a very cool toned dark brown with a little bit of glimmer. I prefer cooler toned brown liners to bring out my green eyes, so this one is perfect. I seem to use my pencil liners more often since I can apply them quicker, but I should use Patio Party more often. It is beautiful, and worth the effort. (just put a little in the cap, and wet the liner brush).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by JohnnyTruelove2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG eyeshadow. I really love it. It's an interesting dark brown neutral color with olive/gold sparkles in them. I don't usually use it as an eyeliner, I smudge it on top of my brown liquid eyeliner to soften it up. Also, it looks great when you use a light sheer wash over the eyes if you're pinched for time. The color is original and pretty. Dark enough to make a statement but not too dark to where you can't wear it every day. I deducted a lipstick because, like most BE products, if you're not careful, this gets EVERYWHERE. It retails or $13 -- which I think is a good buy considering how much product you get. I've been using it for 7 months and have a TON left.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely neutral brownish-grayshade with a little shimmer. It's a neutral color - not warm and not cool, so it looks good with any eyeshadow combo. It really makes my blue eye pop. It gives me a similar effect as black eyeliner, but much softer and not harsh like black can appear.
I use this with a flat brush, add a little water and mix right in the lid of the pot. I think it's easier to apply than liquid liner, but gives the same dramatic effect...you can go thin or heavy on the line for a day time or more dramatic look. I really love this with lots of black mascara and a nude lip!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by kml636

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this based off the positive reviews here and YES it is a great color! Loose it looks a little gold and shimmery, but on it looks great, brings out and accents my hazel eyes perfectly! I wanted to have another color than RETRO, my HG of eyeliners by BE, an this looks just as good! LOVE IT!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by mirjanala

This is a GORGEOUS espresso brown with gold shimmer. It's so gorgeous as a liner. When you use it wet it becomes a tawny oil-rubbed bronze shade. If you use less water it comes out a lighter brown. Perfect for making brown eyes with specks of gold or green stand out. If you have green eyes this would look great on you too.
Great quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by lipglassaddict

I am always on the lookout for a great deep dark rich brown shade for eyes, and this definitely qualifies. Love using this as a liner. No weird red undertones, maybe a hint of grey? Also love the slight shimmer, which prevents this from being just another flat, ordinary dark brown/black shade. Although it has shimmer, the color is still quite pigmented and intense, unlike some of the other BE shades which I find too sheer. Works great layered over pencil liner as well.