July 28, 2014 | 984 users online

Skincare - Body - LUSH - Mange Too massage bar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells like minty white chocolate. It is absolutely delicious and if I could eat the bar, I probably would. For those who want a light scent, this may not be for you. The scent is pretty strong and will fill the room up. For the moisturizing qualities, it does it a very good job of oilying up your skin. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by emysiu

I smell AMAZING! Like a giant chocolate and vanilla cake. The solid body butter is a part of my effort to cut down on plastic packaging (shampoos, body washes, etc) and this is great so far. After showering, I dab off excess water, run this over my body and rub it in. It definitely has a greasier finish (it's actually for massages), but that's perfect for me because my skin tends to be dry. I powder my body with LUSH's Silky Underwear to absorb all the excess oil and I'm good to go. The scent is STRONG, to the point where it absorbs the jasmine fragrance from Silky Underwear and Mange Too is all you smell. For those who are sensitive to strong fragrances, this may not be a great choice, because my mom could smell the chocolate scent from several feet away in our house. But I loved the smell and could not stop inhaling my arms. Definitely be careful with this around chocoholics! On a sadder note, an employee at LUSH told me that they're in the process of discontinuing this. I really hope they either back track or put this on Retro!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Dengail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This bar is huge and smells like fresh cream and butter. My husband and I love it as a massage bar but I use it too for a bit of moisture and light scent during the day or as I dress in he morning. It smells similar to Lush's Silky underwear powder so I pair it with that at night. It melts at just the right speed with your body heat and absorbs nicely. And it's lickable...what else can I say?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eh... I flip flop on this a lot. It smells really great most of the time, but every once and a while it smells weird, like sickly sweet. The little hexagon honeycomb shape is cute, plus its super easy to hold. i just use it as a lotion bar, but you can tell it's a massage bar because it does a lot more in terms of making skin greasy than it does for moisturizing. Basically, if you're just in it for the smell, do your thing. Massage oil in bar form? Sure. But in terms of lotion/butter bar things, you could pretty much make one yourself with better results, and for less money.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by TheBreat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this massage bar! The smell is absolutely divine! I rub this all over me after a shower, and I cannot stop sniffing myself! It has such a creamy scent that is addicting! It does take a little bit to soak into your skin, but I always take a shower right before bed, so when I wake up in the morning, my skin is so soft and smooth. It has really made a difference in my kp.

This is also the best deal for a massage bar. It is really big, and will probably last me a few months. Totally worth it!

The only issue with it is that it won't fit in any of the Lush tins. At the moment, I'm keeping it in the bag it came in. I will have to look elsewhere to find something more permanent since I will be buying this over and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by NessMcG

Unbelievably gutted that Mange was discontinued :(. It was my favourite massage bar (I've got half of one left) & I always got excited at the thought of a satisfying shower & some white chocolate, honey, peppermint goodness gliding onto my skin afterwards. Plus, it holds fond memories for me - my first love used to rub it on my legs :P. Hoping that one day it might be brought back.. Bugger eating dessert & fretting about it going to the hips - just have some Mange on your skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by 1432

Mange too is a nice product but something I don't really need. It doesn't melt as fast as other massage bars but it does give out lots of nice butters and oils. The product can be greasy and takes a while to absorb. You can also use their dusting powders to absorb the extra grease. It does moisturize well and you could use it at night before bed so it has time to fully sink in. The scent is ok. Some may like it others may not. It smells white chocolate-y but kind of smells weird too. One problem with this product is that doesn't fit into any of their massage tins. You can always put this in a Tupperware or ziplock and leave it in a drawer or your closet if you like the scent. It will make everything smell like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by mjones21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought it for it's moisturizing properties. I have very dry skin and was looking for something a bit more inviting than my usual petroleum jelly and lotion mix.
It's a thicker consistency which works for my skin. But it's annoying to use as a bar as it tends to exfoliate my hair as I pass it over my body. I have relatively fine hair so I don't shave or wax my body hair. So then I end up having to scrape off that excess hair, wasting this high priced product.
So I now use it exclusively for my hands and for my lips. Works great for this.

As long as you're looking for something a bit thicker as a moisturizer and are willing to shell out the money, I would most definitely suggest this product. But to my hairier friends, I say stay away from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by erikabsbaly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite LUSH massage bars. I use it primarily as a moisturizing bar at night and love it in the winter when my skin is very dry and itchy. Plus is lasts FOREVER. Literally, I've had it for over a year and the bar is less than half gone. It's very worth the 10 bucks or so that it costs.
I am not crazy about the smell but it is warm and pleasant enough, especially in winter.
It is quite oily so if that bothers you, you probably won't like this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by GermanSausagesRtheWurst

I really was excited to get this product. I had heard a lot of great things about the way it moisturizes and the scent. I put it on after taking a shower, and the next morning I woke up with a rash on the left side of my stomach. I have never broken out when using a product on my body, so I was really surprised. I'm disappointed and upset. Needless to say, I will never use this product again. And I'm going to try to return it.