MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 5/20/2015 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

*LONG REVIEW BUT IN DEPTH worth a read*
Ok so I have a mixed review about this foundation. I'll tell you about the 'history' I have with this little bottle first. I used to use this foundation for two years. I think between 2011-2013.
At that stage:
1. This was my first 'high end foundation'
2. I had mild acne and mild scaring
3. I was matched to NC42 (I have now tried NC42, NC41, NC40 and NC37 across many different MAC foundations and I feel NC40 is my best match for sure. I am Indian with medium skin tone, neutral undertones)
4. I started by using drug store foundation brush, I then decided after a year when i got into make up a lot more that the application was not flawless, MAC directed me to the 190 brush (i have a review on this if you want to check that out *not a flawless application*)
*AT THIS STAGE I WOULD OF GIVEN IT 2.5-3 STARS*
So basically, I felt the foundation was not giving me that flawless finish which was really annoying and it looked streaky. I then went on to try many other foundations, Estee Lauder double wear being once of them (review on this too). I realised that it was a lot to do with the tool you used to apply a foundation that influenced how it looked! So between 2013 to now ive probably tried about 15 high end foundations. My acne is worse and scaring heavier. One day I decided to do a big MAC shop online and though let me try this out again.
SOOOO my second experience! I am now a make up junkie! Not to be big headed but i know lots about make up now haha!:) So I love the RT expert face brush to apply this now. I spray with small amount of fix plus and it applies flawless!! I am just going to state my pros and cons!
PROS
1. Good coverage (medium / full) (covers all my acne and the scars)
2. Not that expensive compared to most high end (£21 i think)
3. Only need one layer for full face / very buildable
4. Long lasting (7 hours)
5. Matte but still glowy!
6. Great for all skin types
7. Has SPF
8.Looks good on camera
CONS
1.Have to buy a pump
2. Can be thick for some people
3. Have experienced odd break out
4.DOES NOT apply flawless with all tools!
SOOOO finally! I recommend this foundation a lot, as its great for a lot of skin types, looks good on camera and isnt too expensive. Make sure you use the right tool to apply! I recommend the Beauty blender, RT expert face bush or Wayne Goss foundation brush.
Hope you enjoyed!!

on 5/20/2015 7:19:00 AM

HATE IT, i used this for a solid month before i finally had enough, it was horrible on my skin and a complete waste of money. Some mac products are good, but its so over rated.

on 5/19/2015 10:54:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love this foundation. I have been using it for 2 years now and it suits my skin perfectly. I have the craziest skin: it's super dry and it's super oily but this foundation balances my skin out. It gives great coverage and it is quite thick but I love a good coverage. It isn't the lightest foundation but I haven't had any trouble with it. It is a bit on the more expensive side but it's not outrageous so I think it is a worthy purchase and definitely worth the money. It doesn't come with a pump which is annoying. I have been getting on great for the past 2 years without one but I finally succumbed last week and bought one :P I use the real techniques expert face brush and it gives a lovely glowing matte finish. I use NW20 which is slightly darker than my natural skin colour but I like to look a bit darker.

on 5/18/2015 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I got matched to an nc30 which I think is a great color for me. I like the way this shade looks on me versus all my other foundations. it's a medium to full coverage. On a daily basis I use a light layer of this which provides me with enough coverage. on days where I go out I layer it more. I used to use the mac pro longwear and I consistently used it until I finished my bottle. i washed my face every night and morning but something abt that pro longwear would always break me out on my cheek area. either by my sideburns or more towards the apple of my cheeks.this doesn't break me out that I've noticed and I like that it's alot easier to take off verses my pro longwear. I love the finish of this as well. Like a satiny finish that looks very natural. I like that finish so I don't always set it with powder. but I do think this is a great foundation especially since the color matches me so well and that's the hardest thing for me in terms of finding the right foundation. the smell doesn't bother me much. guess I'm immune to alot of scents of makeup products unless it lingers. And this does not linger. I only smell the paint like smell when I'm applying it. also I'm with alot of ppl on this one, they need to put a pump on this !!

on 5/17/2015 9:17:00 PM

Its an alright foundation..it has pretty good coverage. I may or may not buy this again. I apply it with the MAC 190 foundation brush which applys it well and evenly. i also have a pump on my bottle which is a lot better then not having one. All in all its a pretty good foundation but not the best..

on 5/17/2015 5:10:00 PM

Felt this was too yellow for me. After a couple hours it was blothchy. I had to buy a pump for it. Smells too much like paint. Wasn't too happy with this product.

on 5/17/2015 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

You might as well buy Colorstay, speaking truthfully. Similar finish, similar smell, similiar blending capabilities, similar coverage. The range of colours it comes in are really nice and flattering, with lots of choice of shades. I don't hate it, it's just a little oily and comes off by the end of the day. I marked it down because it's like they took drug-store makeup and upped the price.

on 5/11/2015 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i really wanted to love this foundation but i swear i think its overrated. firstly, it accentuates every little thing on my face, especially in the sunlight. and i mean every little thing that i can't even see when i DONT wear foundation. it even caused little bumps on my face. like, cmon. second, it oxidizes something terrible, it made me look orange even when set with a translucent powder(I'm in shade in nc45, but what brown person isn't nc45 to MAC cosmetics.....................lol). and lastly, it doesn't blend with a brush too well. Ive heard people say use it with a beauty blender but what if i need extra coverage, i don't want streaks all over my face. I don't know man. I will say, it does give a nice 'glow' when i see other people wear it who seem to have perfect skin, i guess, but everything else about it sucks in my opinion. Just gonna give it to my sister who loves it. Moral of the story, i hate this foundation. The end.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I got this as a sample after work was almost over (I work in cosmetics and the M.A.C counter was right next to my counter) and I was so excited to try and add it to my collection.

I know the workers there since we work together and they were super friendly. I was in the shade NC 25.

I tried it on the next day and went to work with it. I love the feel of it! I love how it made my skin looked flawless!

While I was working, my skin felt irritated. Then I felt little bumps popping out. I waited till after work to see what was going on. I went home and took off all my make-up and to my dismay, it broke me out! Places I've never broken out before!

I was so devastated because my skin is clear and I don't really suffer from breakouts! I broke out bad on my chin! But I gave the product the benefit of the doubt. I thought it was something I probably ate.

I tried again, and the next day, the same thing had happened. I told my co-workers about the ordeal and they said "MAC always break you out". Luckily, I took a sample instead of buying it! It took me a month to get my skin back to normal! Since I'm pretty fair, the scars looks awful!

I have very sensitive skin, so that's probably why the product made my skin react. One of my co-workers don't react to it so it might be great for some people. It's a good foundation, but not for me. Remember to sample guys!

on 5/1/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I've bought this twice, and I'm so pale that i have to buy the the new nw10 and it's still a little too dark for me.
I still like the formula though, leaves a little dewy finish but not too much that looks slick, perfect for what I prefer.
The only other problem for me, other than the shade, is that it will cling to all slightly dry patches if you don't thoroughly exfoliate and moisturise, and in colder weather, even that doesn't help for me. A beauty blender gives me the best finish too.