April 17, 2014 | 988 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Mhoelzer2988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's not that this foundation is bad but after using kat von d I would prefer it over mac.
I guess you could say mac is over hyped. I've heard about it for a long time and always wanted to try it but didn't want to spend the money so finally I decided to get a sample the other day but first the lady working at Dillard's in the makeup department put it on one side of my face and kat Von d was on the other side of my face and I liked the way kat Von d covered better. She did tell me it was build able and I haven't true building it yet because I was trying to make my sample last but with one layer it gives me a natural look but doesn't cover all my blemishes the first time like kat Von d does. I don't have acne really just a few scars from having acne when I was younger. If I had never tried the kat Von d I would probably say the mac was worth buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by casadelmartin

I like the coverage, the creaminess, the match to my skin tone (NW20).

It blends well and I like how a little can go a long way, yet you can also control so that you don't have the 'too much make up look."

I really like the pump and the jar it comes in is solid and easy to carry in my daily make up bag.

BUT... it stinks to high heavens; I wondered what was smelling like gas or oil and I finally realized, it was me! UGH! So bummed about this because it really is gross. Why can't MAC fix this already?

I will continue to use it and mix with my Giorgio Armani. Just another spray of perfume and some setting spray and I'm off.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by laylajeanMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I totally agree with the review below mine. This foundation sucks. Do yourself a favor and listen to the majority- this product is chuck full of horrible ingredients for the skin, one being algae extract, which will indeed aggravate acne prone skin. It smells like paint, looks like paint, and feels like paint. The disgusting chemical smell lasts at least an hour on me and makes me feel sick.

My skin type is combination, but leaning towards the dry side more. I heard this was a semi matte foundation so I was excited when the NW10 shade came out and I could finally get this. I seriously struggle with finding foundations pale enough for me, so I ignored all the negative reviews and hastily purchased this. At 27 bucks this is a good price point for a high end foundation.

Now, I assumed that people just complained about this breaking them out because they did not wash it off properly. I thought to myself "I won't break out from this because I double cleanse to remove my makeup and never have any issues with full coverage foundations breaking me out"....boy was I wrong. The first day I wore this, in winter time, it started melting on my face within the first hour, which is odd for me because I'm more on the drier side of the spectrum. Had it on for barely three hours and had to cut classes early to rush home and wash this off my face, because it was making my face feel so itchy, oily, and irritated. I washed it off and had 5 new whiteheads on my cheek...within three hours of having it on, my skin was freaking out!

I stupidly wore it a few more times because I wanted to give it a chance befor chucking it, and low and behold, severely broke out again. other than really bad ingredients, I think that this "mattifying" foundation makes a lot of people oily because it is so drying that your skin will compensate by creating more oils...it's just not good at all. Also highlights any zits I have and my large pores.

If you have good, normal skin this might work for you but still, I wouldn't even risk it. There are so many better foundations on the market today that will be gentler on the skin. Don't ruin your beautiful skin with this crap. I don't understand why this is still so popular, it's so outdated, cakey, and mask like. I'd rather spend the extra 15 bucks on lancome or dior.

I wish mac would open there eyes and stop using cheap harmful ingredients in their base products...I do love their blushes and eye products but none of their foundations have ever worked for me, and I know a lot of people feel the same.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by jyosha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to love MAC and now think they are losing their way a little- I have to admit, I felt 'pressurized' into buying this foundation which I absolutely detest now, within 5 days! In any case- here is what I found with the product:
1: it is so matte- if you are over 30, don't buy it- it will make you look 60!
2: it is very heavy. So this is not for the working woman- you will feel like something has been painted on. Plus, because it is heavy, it can't be healthy for aging skin at all- I can actually feel my face painted on (and I don't use too much make up because I work in a conservative office in the city)
3: it feels cloggy: since it it so heavy, my skin feels a bit 'chocked' (do you know what I mean? I think girls with oily/ combination skin do!)
4: it looks like 'makeup': so girls at work have actually asked me 'why I'm dressing up and trying so hard' (so embarrassing! :( )
Funny thing is, since I am combination skin, I was told this was give a matte look- but whilst it might be matte- it is heavy, bad for oily areas and is aging me.
Look I get it now- I think this is for parties, not everyday wear, and certainly not appropriate for work-day-running-around-life.
Help! If someone knows of a foundation that can make my skin look fresh and 'young' -please let me know. Thank you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by bunniluv88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite liquid foundation.It is oil free and lasts all day.I apply this foundation with a foundation brush,and it gives me a flawless finish.My shade is NW20.

I highly recommend it,and would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by viridiann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation a lot. Great coverage, but I don't like the smell, and during the winter it can get a little dry on my dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by amandagavin1994

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday foundation and I've just purchased my second bottle. I'm a NW10. I was originally matched as an NC15 but this is far too yellow/dark for me. Its very blendable and easy to apply - best applied with a brush I use Real Techniques expert face brush for this. It has a medium coverage but could be built up further, a little goes a long way. Its a semi-matte finish and once set with powder it stays matte for me but I have dry skin. It covers blemishes but doesn't look too cakey if you build it in thin layers.

Its one of the cheapest high end foundations and I find it much better than NARS foundations and they are around the 30 mark. So I would say it is good value for money.

The packaging is nice, of course my only gripe is the lack of pump but they are cheap to buy from MAC.

It hasn't broken me out luckily but it certainly isn't skincare make-up - it smells a bit like paint ha. Overall a great foundation and I will probably continue to purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Kalahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product . i wear it everyday , its my holy grail foundation .it has A TON OF SHADES if you're a red,peach or pink undertone i recommend going for the NW shades and if you're a yellow or olive skin undertone NC shades will be best for you ( they are really yellow ) .. the only problem i have with this foundation is the price and the fact it doesn't come with a pump if im paying over 30 dollars for a foundation id expect it to come with a damn pump . its kinda messy without the pump . its a great coverage foundation medium - full it does have a scent but i like it and its not a strong scent . one thing i dont understand about this foundation is that the yellow undertones ( NC Section ) are stated as " cool undertones " when Yellow and golden undertones are considered as warm not cool .. But i guess lol i still love this foundation . i think they should lower the price Or add a pump . and i DEF will be repurchasing this its my holy grail foundation :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by BeautyGeniusJ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation, Iv tried loads over the years but keep coming back to this one. My skin is around nc20, gets oily really easily but if I use products designed for oily skin it gets super dry and tight, plus Im blessed with bouts of cystic acne around my jaw line at times! I cant find any direct correlation between this and my breakouts, I think they are more hormonal than product related.
This matches my skin tone really well and its staying power is great, I never need to touch it up during the day/evening, only blot my nose if it starts getting a bit shiny which happens even when I go make up free. I apply a tiny bit of oil free moisturiser, this and then blotting powder and bronzer and it looks like I have near perfect skin. I think some people steer clear of mac and they think their products are for the obvious make up look (judging by the counter girls) but applied minimally the foundation can look natural.
I think its a total con that you have to buy the pump seperately so I just manage without!
Overall I will keep using this product as it works well for me and is reasonably priced for a high end product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by mayyab1

I use NW 20 and it works very well for my skin! I'm usually scared to try new products because ny skin is so sensitive but this is perfect. I've had it for about 2 months now and I use it daily so it's worth its price. I apply it with an ELF foundation brush I bought at Wal-Mart for 1$ it applies evenly throughout my skin and its light weight best part is I can wear as much as I need without it looking caked. I went out to dance with a couple of my friends and dispite my sweat my make up still looked great. It smells kind of funky at first but other than that it's amazing. Simply love this!