April 18, 2014 | 1351 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24-7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

I love eyeliner and buy tons of it, pencil, liquid, creme etc. I dont believe in spending too much on eyeliner and usually buy drugstore eyeliners and have found some great ones (Loreal and Prestige blackest black come to mind for pencils, Milani and NYX for liquid)-with that being said--the additional money spend on this is NOT a waste. It is a superior product. It def lasts much longer (all day) than regular drug store pencils, glides on very smoothly and when sharpened properly makes a fantastic and steady line, some of the creamier pencil liners dont actually sharpen up to a fine tip, but this one does. I have swatched Perversion which seems to be an awesomely intense deep deep black (which i love) in the stores a lot and keep wanting to try it, however, it always smudges on my hand more so than Zero. I go through eyeliners so much i dont know if its worth buying these all the time, but with that said, yes this pencil is budge-proof and smudge-proof and lasts all day for me

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been purchasing this eyeliner pencil for almost four years now. Although I have ventured out to try different eyeliners, I always come back to Urban Decay. I love the fact that it is a pencil that can be sharpened, not a twist-up, because I often find it difficult to get a fine point for making a precise line in twistable eyeliners. The pigmentation on the 24/7 is amazing and the application is smooth. This is the richest, blackest black pencil I have used (believe me, I have tried a lot!), and a new shade "Perversion" just came out that is even darker and bolder. I prefer "Zero", however, because it is a little less pigmented, so it is easier to apply and more wearable. I also have the 24/7 pencil in "Rockstar", which is a matte eggplant color with the same great pigmentation and consistency as "Zero" and "Perversion".
I read that some people experienced issues with the staying power of this eyeliner. These eyeliners are very rich and pigmented, so if not applied properly, they can smudge, especially if you have oily skin/lids like me. I do this method myself and would recommend using this pencil with a good face primer before you apply your face makeup, or eye makeup if you don't wear face makeup, and then using a primer specifically designed for eyes. I like the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but less expensive drug store eye primers work well too. If you are not controlling your skin at the source before you put makeup on, you won't have as good of results.
This eyeliner is on the pricier side, but it will last you a few months, like any normal eye pencil, and the results this eyeliner gives in comparison to others I have tried is phenomenal. I hope this will help those of you struggling with making this eyeliner work and those of you thinking about giving it a try. Hope you all can enjoy this eyeliner like I have :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by rediscoverme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely -love- these and do a happy dance any time I get a free one either in a palette or as a GWP. They do exactly what they say: glide on and are just unbelievably pigmented and beautiful, augh. They are just lovely. I really like that I don't have to tug at my lids when I'm running it across because as I've gotten older, my the skin around my eyes has started to get much more sensitive. Pencils that do that at tugging thing also end up making the line look all jagged and bad which means you have to go little by little which is time consuming. This pencil is awesome at just making a straight line and moving on.

They will smudge out on you if you don't apply some sort of primer or base under them, but if you do all of your smudging and messing around with it immediately after the pencil is applied (especially on the rim of the lower lash line) and then let it set, if should work out for you with no issues. You can also apply a bit of eyeshadow on it to set or translucent powder if it's really that big of an issue, but it's going to take away some from the pigmentation.

My favorite part about this liner is that it doesn't have any glitter in it. It's just dark, and black, and beautiful. So many pencils out there seem to be amazing but then end up having all this clunky glitter in them that gets everywhere. Hate that. But this one is just as black as black can be.

My least favorite part about the liner is the price tag. They are pricey little suckers, especially for every day use. They're just so creamy and soft that it's easy to use a bunch of it during applications. Just try to use a light hand, smudge right after if that is the look you're going for to see if you got enough, and then layer if needed (which won't be much) so that they last. Also, look out for them in the GWP deals at big makeup stores as well as in the UD
palettes! Urban Decay throw these in all the time when they run the specials or come out with a new palette.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by chachalala

Was really excited to try this out due to all the reviews i saw online....
However, this doesn't seem to work on me)):
Especially in humid country - Singapore.
Gosh, it's smudges so easily…

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by innese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Where I live we usually distinguish eye liner pencils and other eye liners, we call eye liner pencils just eye pencils and use them mostly for the waterline, and the rest (liquid/gel) mostly for the upper lid. Therefore, the waterline is where I use it most.
I hate to say I'm disappointed. I got this as a part of the smoky collection last year and I think the other liners are better (although I must admits I use the metallics more than the mattes).
It doesn't glide on that easy, not enough to be given the title "Glide-On", you have to go over it a few times to get an even black line ,and it doesn't stay, not for 24 hours and not for 5. Smudges too.
It's not a terrible liner but given all the hype I expected much better. It doesn't irritate, but it's not much better than average drugstore eye liner pencils. Not worth the price nor the hype. I had much better experience with MUFE aqua liner pencil.
I've been trying a lot of products lately that haven't lived up to the hype and it has been really frustrating, I honestly don't know which beauty media sources I can trust :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by sabrinalovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love how rich & black this liner is but it disappears super fast on my water line & it smudges a lot for my watery eyes! I love ud products & I enjoy using them as we'll I just hate that their eye liners dry up fast every if I keep the lid on... For the price and the brand I would think it would last longer on the eye.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by 2muchofeverything

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Being a guilty party of the "bandwagon" parade, I have wanted to try these FOREVER. So I caved and bought some. In perversion, Zero, and several others. While I loved the creamy texture and ease of application, I just didn't see the stay power.

I should add, my lids tend to be oily no matter what I do, so really not a terrible amount of waterproof or stay-put liners actually stay PUT on me.

All in all, I am a huge Urban Decay fan. So I will likely buy them again, but for girls with oily lids, this isn't going to be your go-to all day pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a big fan of UD eyeliners because of the color range and easy application. They all glide on smoothly without tugging or needing to apply a lot of pressure. Their eyeliners stay on all day for me as well. This is my go to classic black eyeliner color. A lot of other black eyeliners I've tried either apply as a dark gray or fade down to a gray quickly, but this one goes on and stays on as a true jet black. My only complaint with UD 24/7 eyeliners in general is that you waste a lot of product when sharpening.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this for tightlining because it's so raved about for being smudgeproof/waterproof. It smudged within ~2 hours of usage. My drugstore gel liner does a better job than this. It did, however, look very pigmented and did not sting as some other products do when tightlining/waterlining. Too bad it did not survive my oily and watery eyelids.

Would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by LovelyThistle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I wish the "would you buy it again" had a MAYBE. I love this eyeliner, it is smooth and creamy but dries down to a very nice finish that does not budge on my oily lids. The reason I am not crazy about it is the sharpening. I use the Urban Decay Grind House sharpener that the SA assured me would work better...it does not. There is nothing better about it than the regular Sephora sharpener.

But back to the eyeliner. It is a nice black that is not the extra deep pitch black that a lot of the newer pencil eyeliners are and I actually like that. I don't want the extra dark black I just want a plain matte black that I can smudge with a dark eyeshadow and make a nice smokey eye for a day time look. This fits the bill. I wish it were an automatic pencil then it would be perfect. And the price is a bit high when even Cover Girl and Maybelline make similar pencils for much less.