August 23, 2014 | 1111 users online

Concealers - Clinique - All About Eyes Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by NikkiduP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favourite under eye concealer has for a long time now been MAC pro longwear concealer, however this clinique gem is becoming a fast favourite! I must admit i am not surprised by the bad reviews. This product is tricky but when mastered it is beautiful.

helpful hints:

1. Use the smallest amount. 1 tiny dot is enough for both eyes. Using too much will take too long to blend and it takes longer to dry. It will look like a can of paint exploded on your face.

2. Warm the product by dabbing it with fingers under the eye but DO NOT blend with fingers.

3. Use a brush to blend this out. I find the clinique eye shader brush works very well. It blends easier and the brush mops up any excess product. I find using fingers takes too long to blend, leaves an unnatural finish and leaves the product sitting ontop of the skin.

4. DO NOT set this with powder. When it drys, it drys solid. It does not move. Added powder can leave it looking cakey or unnatural. If you feel yoh MUST use powder, use a VERY light hand. But trust me, it really isnt needed.

5. This is not meant to be a highlighter. Even if you get a lighter shade. It is too heavy duty. It is designed to cover dark circles and discolouration. Looks better in a shade closer to your skin tone and highlighter should be applied over this after it has dried. I use MAC bright forecast over this and it works beautifully.

i hope these tips help. It really is an excellent concealer. It covers dark circles REALLY WELL, it comes in a hygenic squeeze tube, fragrance free, wide range of shades, and is long lasting.

It only requires a bit of patience in mastering. Dont give up... it will be worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Ruthia101

Well I was really looking forward to using this. When I got it I was happy with the packaging, its hygienic and you can control the amount you use. The colour matches my skin tone really well. The coverage is fantastic....BUT its awful. The texture is horrible, it dries so quickly and it really hard to blend. Its such a shame because if it finished nicer it would be perfect. The only way I can use it is to blend it with moisturiser, and it still end up claggy and looks terrible afer such a small amount of time. If you have really bad dark circles you would probably put up with this for the coverage, but for me its just too much clagg and not enough blend.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use it as a highlighting concealer under my eyes, it does not crease on me and it stays on all day. It's everything I could ever want from a decent under-eye concealer. Does nothing for puffyness though, but covers up dark circles nicely and does not set in my fine lines.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by lufalcao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never had any kind of allergy after using any kind of make-up, until I used this concealer. My eyes started to irritated and watering. This is terrible!!

I'd recomend to TEST IT in the store, LEAVE IT FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS and then take it.

I tested in the store, but just to see the coverage, and bought it right away. Later in the day I begin to feel irritation and it was too late.

I would never imagine that Clinique would give me such an allergy!!

THIS ONE IS A BIG NO FOR SENSITIVE SKIN!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by cansubas

this one is the one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I read about this and wanted to try it based on the good reviews. Bought it and have tried it twice. Both times it burned the skin under my eyes causing it to turn red, itch, become puffy and peel skin away from under my eyes from this concealer. I have never had this happen to me before from any other concealer and love the Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer and Cle de Peau. Guess I will be going back to my old standbys...Will be returning this product. Horrible reaction that has taken me a week to recover from. Would not recommend if you have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by LaurenTaylor

Very good full coverage concealler. Covers dark circles really well, you only need to use a little bit. Long lasting. Can settle into fine lines a little, if you apply too much or don't apply it properly. I apply it by tapping it with my fingers, not rubbing. It takes a little longer to apply to get a really good result. Good value.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by val622

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this concealer for several years. I stopped recently and now use Urban Decay's 24/7 Concealer Pencil in the color NSA. I'm fair with yellow undertones.

Pros: one tube will easily last you several months. It's also very pigmented. For the light, liquid consistency, it had pretty good coverage. It won't work miracles if your under-eye circles are severe (I have purplish/blue bags under my eyes with visible veins) but it does provide significant improvement. Overall, it does a decent job concealing them.

Cons: it's a very liquid formula that will settle into any fine lines you may have under your eyes. It was a mission trying to find a primer and a finishing powder to keep it from creasing, and I still failed miserably (you can't smile much while wearing this... lol). Also, the color selection was difficult to navigate. I ended up going back and forth between light petal and light golden. The former was too pink and the latter too yellow/orange, and over the course of the day the color in both would oxidize pretty badly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by ikhd

This is the concealer I always return to, I will branch out and try others, but I always come back. I have dark under eye circles, and also have an issue with dry skin and rosacea on my cheeks--this takes care of all of that. I wanted to go cheaper lately, and bought a Rimmel one, which absolutely did not work for me.

It has a nice, creamy texture and is very easy to apply. After application, it almost seems to 'set', but it never creases into the wrinkles/smile lines around my eyes. It also covers most of the rosacea on my cheeks.

I feel it is a bit pricey, but the tube lasts a long time. I usually have two shades, one for summer and one for winter.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has an incredible coverage, for dark circles I think this is amazing on the right type of skin.

I don't have very dark circles but I have severe dryness in my under eye area. This clinged into the dry patches like crazy even with the only moisturizer that has worked for me in that area (Argan oil). It's very drying on its own which is something I have noticed on good coverage concealers. I have used other concealers in this problematic area and have had no problems with them, they don't emphasize the dryness but they have less coverage. The color range is poor. I choose the closest to my skin tone but they are too pink or too orange so I opted for a lighter shade and only use a dot of it, it covers the whole dark circle area very well. I also have fine lines around my eyes, this concealer makes them more visible because it tends to move even with setting powder on and with a normal non-oily moisturizer.

But maybe the most annoying thing is that the formula tends to separate. If you squeeze the bottle you'll get a transparent liquid (not oil, in my case). You have to invest a minute or two shaking the product to mix it but it doesn't always work so you better squeeze it again and again until the concealer comes out.

I'm not excited about this product. I love the coverage but that's the only good thing about it. I'm going to use it as a concealer for around my nose where I have redness, it works pretty well in that area but sadly you have to reapply it often because this disappears from the skin quickly, not mad about this because this is not meant to be used as general concealer.