March 2, 2015 | 1160 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils High Definition Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2015 12:55:00 PM More reviews by tinkeli

At first try, this mascara was a disappointment but luckily I gave it another chance after a few weeks - this one really gets better with age!! Once it has dried out a bit, it a magnificent mascara for both day and night as it layers well. I love it and will definitely buy again, at least if I find it on sale!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2015 12:52:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a really nice mascara. For reference, I have naturally long, thick, black lashes and most mascaras look pretty good on my so it takes something pretty special to stand out. This is one of those few that stand out to me. It is one of those mascaras that start out pretty wet but gets even better as it dries out. It provides lovely length and holds a curl very well, but where it excels is it's amazing separating ability. It defines all your lashes. It is not the mascara for you if you want volume, but can be built up to have some thickening qualities. Another great quality is that it doesn't smudge or flake. I have a huge problem with this because my eyelashes hit my browbone, cheekbone, and glasses whenever I look up, down, or blink and it gets even worse whenever I wear mascara because of the smudging and flaking. Also, it's not difficult to get off. This is another huge plus because I hate scrubbing at my eyes. All in all, I really love this mascara and recommend it is you want awesome length and definition.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2015 7:52:00 PM More reviews by AmoryBlaine

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried a bunch of different brands and formulas, and always come back to this. My lashes are naturally very long and very curly, which means they tend to clump up very easily. This mascara (which I buy in Deep Black), separates and defines individual lashes in a way no other formula does (and, for the record, the waterproof version doesn't work nearly as well). It also wears all day without flaking or wearing off on my lids. That said, if you need a mascara that lengthens or adds a lot of volume, this probably isn't the right buy for you, but for curly lashes it's a dream.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2015 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Mascaralover13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this mascara! it has lots of volume and lengthening! this is the best high-end mascara and i would recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2015 8:42:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another great mascara from Lancome. Adds length and volume to my lashes. Looks very natural. No clumps or flakes. Washes off easily with my oil cleanser at night. Did not irritate my sensitive eyes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2015 6:29:00 AM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't like this at all. It is a very "natural" looking mascara that only tints the lashes and really doesn't lengthen and certainly doesn't volumize. Waste of time and money for me. Washed off easily and completely with warm water which is nice. Givenchy has the BEST mascara of all time, PERIOD!!! I need to quit wasting money on others.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2015 12:53:00 AM More reviews by PlanetAmour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It definitely lengthens but newer and better mascaras have emerged. That being said you can't go wrong with this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2015 9:14:00 PM More reviews by serenas87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To start off this may be a bit of a bias review. Lancome Hypnose is one of my favourite high end mascaras. Its one mascara that I dont mind forking over $32 for since it creates tons of drama and volume for my lashes. This mascara however is meant to separate your lashes and give you tons of length. I received the Definicils Mascara as a 100 point perk at Sephora and was excited to try this out to see if I could get fluttery long lashes. My expectations were high since the same company makes one of my favourite mascaras and sadly I was disappointed with this one.
Ive used this quite a few times (with Shiseido curler) and didnt notice any much lengthening. This mascara can be clumpy as well, not as smooth as others so application must be done carefully. I truly feel my drugstore mascaras such as Loreal Telescopic and Covergirl Clump Crusher are much above in performance than the Definicils. Its not the worst mascara I've encountered, but for the price and coming from the Lancome brand I expected much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

This is my all time favourite mascara, dosen't clump and give unbelievable length, love it forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by temiluna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this mascara for a couple years now and while I keep trying other high end luxury mascaras and cheap drugstore brands to see if I can find something better, nothing stands outs.

I have long thin lashes and I prefer to have a more natural look to my eye, I don't want to mimic falsies so I've found this mascara to be perfect. It lengthens my lashes even further, but doesn't add lots of volume making my lashes look really long and flattering but not fake. The main reason I like this mascara however is because it goes on really smooth, it doesn't flake, and it doesn't come off even if I rub my eye.

One note, I find that regardless of the mascara I need to use a spoolie brush to evenly distribute and declump. Even this mascara has clumps initially, but they smooth out beautifully and don't have the grainy look other mascaras have.