September 2, 2014 | 1842 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by carboholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my favourite eyeliners. Black Ink is very pigmented, but not quite as pigmented as MAC Blacktrack fluidline (my other favourite eyeliner). This actually works well, because I can control the intensity easily. I apply it to my upper lashline and lower waterline with the MAC 208 small angle brush and it goes on smoothly and easily. Most importantly, it DOES NOT BUDGE. This stays put all day on me, on both my upper lashline and waterline, withstanding heat, humidity, and my yawning. I'm also a contact lens wearer and this doesn't irritate my eyes at all. I do find it a little pricey, but will re-buy because it works so well for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

There is so much hype about this eyeliner. I don't know if its true, but someone at the Bobbi brown counter claimed that gel liner itself is Bobbi Brown's invention.

I purchased this and the fine eyeliner brush at the airport (I was that desperate to try them because it took me a while for me to decide whether or not I wanted to try them)

Pigmentation is alright. nothing over the top. it doesn't come across as transparent, but not glossy and defined. just boring matte tiny bit greyish black.
I didn't know until I've tried other gel eyeliners that the texture is lacking, but it takes a lot of re dipping to fully line. Therefore takes a lot longer than I want it to. Its a bit chalky and isn't as smooth as others like Tarte, Mac, YSL, etc.

The biggest drawback is that the eyeliner is that it doesn't stay. it melts, smudges, and transfers. I tried using different primers, setting powders, eye shadows, brushes, and everything that could possibly have an impact on the longevity. nothing works.

Also hardens within the first few months. I had to throw this out when I wasn't even half done with it. waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I heard so many great things about it, but it's just kinda meh.

Its quite creamy and thick which I enjoy, it applies to the lid easily. For me, it doesn't smudge or transfer over my lid.

However, the color does not last a school day. By the end of the day, it starts to wear down and look greyish. Also, I have quite watery eyes and it gathers on the side of my eye where it is watery.

Overall, it's ok. I've found myself to like the MAC gel liner better since it doesn't wear down and is kinda waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

Absolute staple in my kit!

Texture: I find this eyeliner to have a drier texture (in comparison with MAC fluidlines I have) - however in this specific pitch black shade - I find it brilliant. It glides easier if you warm up a bit of product on the back of you hand or just press it better with your eyeliner brush (against the remaining product in the pot).

Application: this can be a bit tricky, if you are not an experienced brush-eyeliner girl (in that case is easier to get a MAC one, because its texture is creamier and easier to apply). However if you know your tools - you will love the effect this product gives.

There is a great blog post on how to best use this eyeliner, click below if interested: http://thepartyparrot.wix.com/partyparrotblog#!Best-Pool-Makeup---Professional-Swimmer-Advice/cmbz/E5FB05C3-2A81-4D08-B241-60EF45B86ED7

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this gel liner in Black Ink and I love it. I have oily lids and this stays put all day. I only wear it for special occasions and holidays, so I have yet to find out if it’s actually water-resistant. I use this with Bobbi Brown Ultra-Fine Eye Liner Brush and I can apply as thick or thin a line that I want. I had never used gel liner before and found the brush and gel very easy to use. A little goes a long way. I have had my little jar for over two years and have used less than a quarter of it. I was worried it was going to dry out, and while a crack did develop in the gel, it still applies like new. It is pigment rich, so one swipe shows up black, not gray like other brands can. I have no idea how long it will take me to use this up, and I wouldn’t be surprised if in another year or so the jar did dry up. When my current jar is used up, I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Most intense black gel liner i have had.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Kacci

I got two BB long wear creamy eyeliner on my way to China in the airplane, tax free you know. I am sorry to say that those stuff are not so good...
I just have to write this review because I think there are a lot of girls like me who receive so many compromises for this product but when they actually try it, the result is not so well... I am one of the company.
My eyelids are very oily and I don't have much lush neither. Bobbi-brown gives so confident review saying that the liner would not grease your eyes but the truth is the opposite. The eyeliner canNOT last for even one hour on my eyes, and my eyelines become so greasy and dirty afterward, like someone has five me a punch...
Right now, I am using Sephora brand eyeliner and it works wonder, I guess prince cannot speak for the quality after all...Sephora eyeliner is much cheaper but never gives me messy look, I guess I can use it.
For people with similar eye conditions like mine, oily all the time, Bobbibrown might not be the best choice for you. I understand that there are so so many people have great things to say about Bobbi's eyeliner, but sorry, it is not for me... I bought two on the flight, so, I cannot return them, I think I could give them to my friend whose eyes are quite dry or normal.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4eva28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm in two minds about this I bought this after using drugstores gel liners and thought it'll stay put all day it doesn't so it's not longwear ! However it's lasted me a very long time and I use gel liner ever other day it's very smooth just not long wear !

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by CODYKERI

this smudged horribly on me and irritated my eyelids.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

In high hopes of hearing great reviews about this eyeliner, this was NOT a good tight-lining gel eyeliner. Even during application, it was more moist that made it smudge on me even after an hour or so. In general, I'd prefer Stila's Smudge Pot. My oily and hooded lids did not make this eyeliner work as a normal eyeliner or a tight-lining liner :( How I wished this product would work for me but it didn't.