Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.2

on 4/21/2015 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was the first gel eyeliner I have ever used because there was so much hype surrounding it. I could not fathom why people loved gel eyeliner after using this. When the product is new it applies relatively smoothly but it is just so dry. It also lacked in both pigmentation and longevity, it transferred on my oily hooded lids and left my eyeshadow covered in dark grey smudges.

I bought it with the Bobbi Brown gel liner brush which was nice for a smoked out, smudgy liner. I think this is the only way to actually wear this liner. I also purchased an angled liner brush to attempt a cat eye with gel liner. I could never get a crisp line due to the dry, crumbly nature of this product. By the end of the day my wings would be long smears. I could never get an even, thin line that would stay crisp looking throughout the day. It smeared everywhere when I broke a sweat and was frankly the worst gel liner I have ever used. I swore off of it until I received Laura Mercier's as a gift and seen the light. Not that I could even use it for very long. I had gotten about halfway through the product before it dried into a brick inside the jar. I just cant really see anything good about it. Difficult to use, lacked pigment, didn't wear long.

on 4/21/2015 2:14:00 PM

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone eventhough it does not smudge but it wear off easily, Sometime it last for only 2-3 hours

on 4/6/2015 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This eyeliner is the best gel one that i've ever used.
Love the sharp color and the texture, but it a little hard for me in the beginning to use it, but when i use their liner brush, it just feel that easy.

But what i dislike is not waterproof if your wear it more than 6 hours, it will smudge under your eyes.

If you just use it for 1-3 hours, it's just ok.
It is really easy to clean up even with some drugstore's eye makeup remover.

on 4/2/2015 3:49:00 PM

I don't understand the hype about this product and this is truly the worst eyeliner I've ever used and certainly the most expensive. Whilst the packaging is lovely, I feel like that's all I'm paying for. The consistency is not creamy at all and I find it hard to apply despite using gel eyeliners for years. I do have very oily eyelids however within two hours the product has either smudged, transferred or completely faded and I have never had a full day that this product has stayed on my eyelids even with primer. I find that maybelline is far better for their gel eyeliner and costs a fraction of the price.

Gel liner wasn't something that I liked right away but now that i have practiced it I really am loving it. The staying power is so much better for someone like me with oily lids. Wish this wasn't so expensive otherwise a 5 lip product

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this long wear gel eyeliner is not very easy to use,but with some experiences you can apply it quickly. overall this eyeliner is waterproof. but when your face is oily, it will fade and your eyes become black.

on 1/22/2015 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been loving this to tightline lately. I've been wearing the brand's gel liners for years and have always had a lot of success with them, but had never tried a non-shimmery color before. Usually I use Laura Mercier Cake Liner to tightline but after seeing a few tutorials demonstrating this color as a tightline product I just had to try it. I'm happy to say it's worked perfectly for me in that regard and I love it for a minimal look when I want definition but not an obvious eyeliner look. I don't use it as often for my upper or lower lid in a traditional eyeliner way, but when I do it's been staying put well without smudging or flaking. Also I've worn it as a base all over my upper lid using a fluffy brush and applied shimmery, light eyeshadow on top and the effect was really pretty. So overall it's been very versatile for me.

I love the silky, creamy texture of this... it just glides on and feels amazing. Very comfortable. The finish isn't entirely matte, it's more of a satin, which I prefer. Most of the time I use the Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush to apply and I find that works easiest for me to get the types of lines I want.

These pots last for so long and I've never had problems with them drying out as long as I keep the cap screwed shut tightly. I have six of these gel liners now and they're something I'll always have in my makeup rotation.

This transfers on my lower lid. Well all gel liners do. I've tried brands from WnW to Stila, Kat Von D, and this. If you have oily lids stay away from gel liners! Stila, KvD, UD 24/7 Liquid liner from sephora are good. And Loreal Lineur Intense felt tip in Carbon black, and those Jordana pencils last me all day!

on 12/27/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Just purchased it yesterday and returned it today. I read all these reviews then went out and bought it and I was very disappointed, don't know what the hype is about.
To begin with, the pigmentation is not that dark at all, even my e.l.f. gel eyeliner (that cost me 3 dollars) must have been darker. And the texture of it is really bad it smudges and melts right away. Definitely do not recommend .

on 9/11/2014 3:34:00 PM

It took me a while to fall in love with gel liner, and after trying several, i found my Holy Grail!
it's creamy and soft, it glides on the lid at such ease that the only word i can describe it as "elegant".It's pigmented, lightweight, one dip of my brush in the pot lasted for both my eyes, and it lasted me the whole day without smudging.
it is, however a bit of a pain to remove it, and quite expansive (though here, it's only slightly more expansive then the MAC Fluidline) which is a downside, but all in all, this is the perfect gel liner.what can i say, i'm in love.