Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

on 10/5/2015 3:02:00 PM

I thought all the reviews I've seen were hype, but it's not this mask is really that good.
I don't know the long term effects from use but the first time I used it and looked in the mirror when it was dried I could see black heads on my nose brought to the surface nothing has ever took my black heads away bc their very tiny and not much to them. I don't have a problem with breakouts usually but flesh colored bumps with oil or white stuff in them, when I wiped away the mask the "stuff " from inside these tiny bumps were wiping away .
Don't use if your about to go somewhere lol I used the mask on the first time right before I was leaving and I walked around with a sunburnt looking face .. But it went away within 30 min
I can't believe I've never heard of this clay sooner !

on 10/3/2015 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I don't know how I feel about this mask. I've used it a few times. It does have pulsating effect and bring the gunks to the surface but it doesn't get rid of them… Am I supposed to extract the gunks after they're brought to the surface? Or will they go away on their own over time using the mask only…?

on 10/2/2015 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

To whatever reviewer, wherever it was, who suggested mixing the clay with the vinegar in a zip-lock: YES. So much easier. So much less mess.

on 9/27/2015 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is pretty darn awesome. I found it a couple years ago cruising through amazon and decided to give it a try because it had hundreds upon hundreds of rave reviews. It was so cheap, I felt like I'd be crazy not to give it a shot. I had my mom pick me up a tub from Whole Foods and I'm so glad.

I've used it with water, lemon juice and ACV and the lemon juice is my favorite. It's the most effective/pleasant way I find. I suggest using the latter two no matter what though, the acidic properties dissolve the powder and make it a creamy, almost whipped like texture, where as the water leaves it kind of clumpy and not as fun to use. It's like a vacuum and you can feel it working. If you like Queen Helen's, throw that crap away and use this, it puts it to absolute shame. This stuff is the real deal I tell you and you get so much product for your money. I originally got the smaller tub and used it all between me and my friends. I got the big tub the second time and still have plenty and I've had it for well over a year now. I even gave a generous sample to my mother-in-law.

I suggest using it before you take a shower because once it dries, it is like concrete. I also don't recommend using it very often because it is a hard core mask. It sucks everything out of your skin. I only use it when I know I'm in need of some serious purging. Which is today actually and why I decided to review it.

On a final note, I will say that it doesn't remove all of the clogs in my nose area, but I'm one of those people who unfortunately have ridiculous nose pores that never come completely clean. I cannot expect any product to completely rid me of this problem, so I don't deduct it from the rating, but it's just heads up. If you have hellish nose pores, don't expect the heavens to open up with this product. Regardless, it does a helluva good job at purging the skin.

on 9/26/2015 3:52:00 PM

HG STATUS. I am totally all for masks!!! This and raw honey masks are the only ones I will use on my skin. This stuff does make your face red but at the same time, when you go get a facial your face is red too that's from them pulling all the gunk well hello so is this but cheaper! I usually buy the small tube and I can get like 10-15 masks out of this since I use it once a week usually a sunday night to get all the crap from the weekend to start fresh for the week. Bought mine on iHerb and also ebay.

on 9/13/2015 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I was reluctant to try this at first. I have fallen for every skincare hype since I started getting acne at 10 and I have been so let down by all of it. Everything I tried seemed just okay, but I was still getting breakouts. Finally, I caved , and wow!

This product is sooo cheap for how much you get. I've been using it for about 6 months now and there's no dent in the jar. I use a little plastic baby spoon's worth of the powder with equal parts raw ACV. It mixes well into a nice paste. I wait until it dries on my face (sometimes it can get a little itchy) and I use warm water to easily wash it off. I rinse the plastic bowl and spoon right after I apply the mask, and that's it. No mess or pain at all. I'm not sure how others I've talked to are getting such a mess with it! Maybe I use a thinner layer than others? I've found that using just enough to cover my face is the perfect amount.

I use it once a week. Anything more dries my skin out which was surprising cause hardly anything can do that to my oily skin! I use it at night since it makes my skin red for a little while. My skin is pretty tough so it doesn't irritate it, but I imagine people with sensitive skin would need to be more cautious with it, just as a warning. I also wouldn't put it on and plan to eat or talk much because it's difficult to do that once it hardens!

My skin is clear when I use this consistently once a week. It wasn't a miracle or anything after the first application, but I've been using this faithfully for about six months now and my skin has been great. Even the most hyped up and highest rated skincare products couldn't do that for me so this product is a must-have in my routine, and the price can't be beat.

on 9/3/2015 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Finally found this cheap from a big health food store a few towns over. It is my cure all. If could afford to take the food grade I would too. But I use a small scoop to get it out and keep braggs ACV on deck for best use. Ive realized its best to use on hair as clarifier if its really diluted because I can rinse out more easily. Otherwise, its great for swollen ankles, rashes, mosquito bites, combo skin on face and yadda yadda. I'm close to running out and running out the door for a re-up. This is one of my staple products. Only thing that is comparable for my hair is Terresentials...

on 9/1/2015 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product is a pain in the butt to deal with. As others have noted, it's a powder, so you have to mix it (I recommend Apple Cider Vinegar - I get mine from Trader Joe's). It takes about a year to full dry after you apply, itches like a mother once it does, and...well, don't even get me started on removing the thing. I have a complicated routine involving many paper towels, because this stuff starts clogging my drains the second a little bit escapes down my sink/shower.

And yet here I am, giving it 5 stars. Because this is the best mask I have ever put on my face, and it cost me $7 at Whole Foods for a jar that is lasting me the better part of a year (for reference, I recently purchased grapes from Whole Foods that ended up being more expensive than this). I have shelled out for the Origins charcoal mask and GlamGlow's original mud mask. This is hands down better than the Origins, and probably better than the results I got from GlamGlow (especially when you factor in the fact that GlamGlow is $60). There is nothing pretty or convenient or glamorous about it, but you know? The best products often are the utilitarian ones, and this is no exception to that.

Packaging is fine. It's in a huge jar - I like that they give you so much. The label is a bit kooky - I recommend doing some internet searching to figure out the best way to mix it for yourself (I do ACV, with a tiny bit of tea tree oil, mixed with a plastic spoon in a plastic bowl). I don't recommend this if you have particularly sensitive skin, and I definitely think you need to wait until it is FULLY dry (which is when you start getting that pulsing sensation) before taking it off. I use it once a week at night, and every time I do, I wake up to amazing skin the next morning. If I have something boiling just beneath the surface, this often helps draw it up to the top, allowing for a bit of extraction + a hydrocolloid dressing.

I'm also suuuuuper acne prone. While spironolactone keeps the hormonal stuff under control, I do like that this helps me deal with the little spots that pop up when I have not been washing my face correctly. I'd imagine that it would really be of use to anyone who is dealing with moderate-serious acne.

This is very cheap and the rave reviews seem pretty consistent across the board. I highly recommend giving this a try!

on 8/30/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was so excited to use this mask bc of all the good reviews.. but unfortunately it broke me out a lot. I'm not sure though, it may have been a mixture of overusing the mask and my period coming up. I used it for two weeks about 4-5 times and I have new pimples in places I never had acne before. I have read that it's supposed to break you out at first and then it helps you but I can't afford all the acne marks it's gonna leave behind. I'm done using it now.

Ps. I also did not use raw ACV maybe that was where I went wrong, I used regular ACV to mix it but I think it was just too much for my skin.

on 8/30/2015 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I've only used it a couple times so far, but I LOVE this stuff! I mix it with the apple cider vinegar, both bought at Whole Foods Market. I have acne-prone skin and I can tell a difference in pimple size after using this mask. It's worth the try.