September 30, 2014 | 1007 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by aleung88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this about 5 times since receiving it, and my skin has visibly improved within 2 weeks. I follow the instructions on the back with mixing Apple Cider Vinegar with the clay until foamy/moussey texture, spread on my face with old makeup brush, and once it has dried and tightened, rinse with warm water. Skin gets red at first but next morning was buttery smooth, no visible poors, faint glow. LOVE! This tub will last forever, but definitely worth a repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by artsaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this around eight months ago and it's still almost full. A little goes a long way. I honestly don't use this often, but when I do, I just love it! I like sticking to natural products for my face, and this is a great one.

After using this, my skin is immediately softer, smoother, and brighter. You have to keep using this to maintain results, but for a quick rejuvenation for your skin, nothing beats this. I prefer mixing with acv because the consistency is better opposed to using water.

Super cheap, natural, and multi purposeful! Can't beat that!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by PoppyDaze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I live in Australia so I bought this for about $20+ online - not very cheap for me unfortunately. I love that it's 100% bentonite clay with no other unnecessary ingredients. I used it with raw organic apple cider vinegar and it mixes well and makes a smooth consistency, whereas it got clumpy when I used water.

It feels like a strong, tight mask so it's quite satisfying. You can definitely feel your face pulsate from the tightness as it says! It helped to calm down my skin but it didn't solve my acne-prone skin. I would recommend this over any store-bought mask though since it's pure and feels very natural and revitalising. I think it's a good staple for a skincare regime and I want to repurchase it. However, I will probably buy from a local supplier of bentonite clay instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by karenapril

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I love this a lot. It's dirt cheap, you only need a little to spread all over your face. Just add a bit of Apple cider vinegar, a bit honey mix well then spread it on your face. Washing up is a bit difficult if left too long but I always use a wet wash cloth to moisten up first then only gently wash away the clay. Gave me clear firm skin. Must try! But don't use it if you gonna go out for the night. You will have a rather red skin for at least 30 minutes afterwards

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by isleofesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a pretty good alternative to GlamGlow, that I purchased from the Vitamin Shoppe for around 5 bucks. You have to mix it with apple cider vinegar or you can use water. The mixing is an extra process I could do without so that's my only issue, but it is a great mask. You can even use this clay for different things such as making a mask for your hair and feet.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Jewel15iam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Excuse my enthusiasm but I seriously love this product.

It'll (help) most likely get rid of acne

It'll pull all that crap from your pores(literally, look it up)

It's crazy inexpensive- 5ish-10ish dollars
The only con? It is drying and can cause redness for roughly half a hour after. Just use a hydrating moisturizer after and you'll be fine.
Also, use ACV. You can't really use anything else.. It'll clump up and be difficult.

I gave the packaging a three star bc you have to mix it yourself but I don't take that as a con bc if they did it it'd go hard and useless.

Overall, I'd recommend this product. Why not? It's cheap and is very unlikely you'll have a reaction to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by dashazaytseva

I went out and bought this after seeing all the great reviews on MUA. It was around $8 at Whole Foods for a huge tub that I'm sure will last me forever, so it's a pretty great value. At first I just used it as the directions say, just mixing it up with a little ACV. I definitely felt the pulsing in my face from all the blood flow, but I was a little cautious since I read some reviews saying that leaving it on too long gave them burns or bad reactions, so I only left it on for about 15 minutes. It did leave my face red but I did it in the evening so no big deal. My face felt clean but I didn't see much of a difference so the next night I left it on for about 30-40 minutes and that's when I saw a big difference...It pulled all my pimples and blackheads to the surface and I could very easily pop them. The next day I woke up with my skin much clearer, but I still had some blemishes. Finally, I decided to mess around with the recipe a bit and I added a capsule of activated charcoal and a few drops of tea tree oil. I left it on for about 40 minutes. I think that adding the charcoal really reduces the tight, pulsating feeling so if that is an issue with you, consider adding something to the mask to make it more gentle. I don't think it decreased the efficacy of the mask, if anything it improved it. After taking it off, I was amazed. It had pulled so much to the surface and even completely flattened a few blemishes. However, it brought up a big cystic pimple on my chin. I didn't mind because I knew it was just purging my skin, but I still had some leftover mask mixed up so I put on a thick layer over the cyst as an overnight spot treatment. When I washed it off in the morning, THE CYST WAS COMPLETELY GONE. Like, totally flat...I was amazed. I have been using this nightly for about 3 or 4 days and I will continue using it nightly until my skin is completely purged, then I will probably decrease my use to a couple times a week. If you don't get immediate results from this mask, try leaving it on longer or adjusting the recipe for your needs. Either way, this mask is super cheap so it doesn't hurt to try. I am super pleased and will continue to repurchase (if I ever finish this huge container!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Uglydoll

I am now on my third jar of this stuff because it's awesome! Whenever I breakout or feel like my face is clogged with impurities, this is my go to mask. It also makes extractions much easier and invasive as it literally does bring up all the crap to the surface. Afterwards I sometimes use Origins Drink up mask to rehydrate my skin since mud masks can make your face a bit dry. Although it does get a little messy, I highly recommend this inexpensive and effective product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by jndv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i doubt that i'll run out of this product soon! very cost effective. i use it with brag g's apple cider vinegar and a little bit of water. takes a while to dry but i highly recommend not to "crack" the dry layer. my friend and i tried this and we broke out badly in the morning the first time after use! limit frequency 2x a week for skin to adjust.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by RBbeauty89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is pretty great stuff... I just bought it last night and tried it today and I have to say it's comparable if not better than the more expensive mud/clay masks I've tried... I've been using Origins clear improvement active charcoal mask (which is like 25 bucks at Sephora for a 3.4 oz. tube) and while I like that one very much, I must say this stuff is a little better and for 6 something for a 1 lb. container you can't beat it.... I used one tablespoon of this stuff and it made enough for I'd say about 3 masks so this stuff will last FOREVER. I have combination, sometimes sensitive skin with the occasional break-out, and it didn't dry my drier parts out much and sucked up all the oil on my oilier parts and what small pimples I had started to diminish (though weren't entirely gone). When I rinsed my face looked clean, clear and matte and hours later still does...I opted out of using ACV because I thought that might be a little much for my skin, but I recommend if you don't have ACV or if you have slightly sensitive skin like me to mix with milk and not water... it mixes VERY well with the milk and also has added skin benefits like the lactic acid... (Although I think if you're trying to get rid of any pimples the ACV would make a big difference, if you have sensitive, pimple prone skin maybe mix with the ACV for spot treatment and milk for an all over facial... if you're using ACV though whether you have sensitive skin or not it's still probably a safe bet to dilute it with a little water)...But I definitely recommend trying this product before you go and splurge on one of those expensive clay/mud masks...