Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

If you like Queen Helene's Mint Julep Masque, you will love Aztec Secret: Indian Healing Clay it's better and lasts longer. Suggested Use: Mix clay with equal parts of raw apple cider vinegar and/or water. Use a non-metal bowl and utensil. Stir the mixture well to a smooth paste. Add more clay or liquid as needed. Apply 1/4 in. to 1/2 in. to the face or other area. Let it dry for 5-10 minutes for delicate skin and 15-20 minutes for normal skin. You will feel a pulling and tightening sensation. Feel you face pulsate! Remove clay by washing with warm water. Slight redness of the clay is normal and will disappear in about 30 minutes. Removes impurities and dirt from the pores. Deep pore cleansing. "World's most powerful facial" 1 lb. of clay makes 10-15 facials. Use it once per week for the family, more often for problem skin. Men love it, too. 454 g $6 by iherb dot com. I ordered the smaller size, it lasts a long time. I have a coupon code for this site if you want order the first time: VIK284 and you have 5$ off.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

An intense mud mask. This gets top results for a low price for me: smoother skin, tighter pores, and a general sense of cleaning. Follow it up with a 10 minute hydration mask like Dr. Roth and you'll a nice at home facial.

Especially great after a late night out.

This stuff is a godsend if you're trying to resurface your skin due to acne or damage from acne. It has an intense feel on your face but it's gentle enough for sensitive skin. After a few uses my slightly bumby combination skin had calmed down and my skin became more even. I recommend using this with a combination of apple cider vinegar (raw, unfiltered and organic) and water. Redness is normal but don't slack and leave this on too long or you will get some irritation. It's all about making this mask work for you and there are plenty of different recipes using this on the Internet. Love this stuff.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this stuff! It's definitely not for everyone because it is pretty strong (especially when mixed with raw ACV), but if you don't have super sensitive skin, this works super well for clearing everything up! I've been lucky to not have massive breakouts, but have had problems with lots of tiny clogged pores all over my forehead and general oiliness. I started using this with ACV twice a week a few days apart. Once over my entire face, then again in just my t-zone and chin. I leave it on for anywhere from 15-45 minutes. And yes, it will make your skin pretty red. For some people it might get really bad, but after about half an hour my face was back to normal. all in all, It really helped unclog my pores, reduce general oiliness, and smooth out my skin tone and texture.

This is by no means a miracle product, it really does take time. I was using it for nearly two months before I saw a noticeable difference, but given that time it has changed my skin more than any other thing I've tried! I stopped using it for a month or so just to see what would happen, and my face got pretty oily pretty quickly. It's really cheap and lasts forever, so I would give it a try. If you don't like it, I bet you can find a friend or someone who can use it!

I just tried this for the first time and I was extremely exited to try something that could've been my HG product to clear up my skin. The product advises you to mix the powder with Apple cider vinegar but my skin hasn't done well with ACV in the past like it has for others. It leaves my face VERY red, splotchy, irritated, and warm. I wanted to follow the instructions hoping none of those side affects would happen due to the fact that the mask is supposed to HELP my skin problems . My skin is clean and my breakouts are less swollen and painful but my face looks like a tomato. I'm Definetly using water next time. I'm using aloe Vera to help calm down and moisturize my face after what I just did to it :'( hoping to find ways to still use the mask for my sensitive skin in the future

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have used this both with apple cider vinegar and with just water and I can honestly say this doesn't do anything for my skin except make me break out. I understand that it is designed to pull out any dirt that clogs pores but it just leaves me with redness and eventual scars from the newly formed breakouts. My friends rave about this but I will just stick with my Origins Charcoal mask.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been dealing with acne for about 8 years now and had yet to find a product that really cleared up my skin until now. A few weeks ago, I stumbled across before and after pictures on Pinterest of someone who used the Indian Healing Clay mask and decided to give it a try. I mixed equal parts apple cider vinegar with the clay powder and left it on my face for about 30 minutes, or until it dried completely. After washing it off of my face with a rag, I was shocked at how red my face was! I expected to wake up the next morning with my skin broken out even worse than it already was, but I surprisingly found my pimples to be significantly reduced in size. I used this product every night for about 5 nights in a row and my skin was almost completely clear, something that I never thought was possible. I've reduced my usage of the Indian Healing mask to about 3 times a week to maintain my clear skin, using my Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser on the days that I don't use the mask followed by a good moisturizer. I am so glad that I decided to try out this product and will continue to repurchase over and over!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the best product that I have ever used for my oily, acne-prone skin. I have been using it for a couple of years now and it never disappoints. I used to have extremely bad acne and this is the one product that helped turn my skin around. I love that it detoxifies my skin and unclogs my pores. It's also completely natural and inexpensive. It is very similar to the GlamGlow clearing mask but better in my opinion. Whenever my skin starts to break out even a little I immediately reach for this and do a mask. It clears my skin almost instantly.

This mask is very intense and not something I use regularly however when I do use it (usually with ACV) it makes my skin feel extremely clean and fresh. I haven't noticed any visible reductions in blackheads but it doesn't break me out either.

I have combination skin so I find that this is more suited to my T-zone areas as it can dry out my cheeks a lot. So far I have only ever used it as a face mask - I can imagine it would work fine on the rest of the body and on bug bites etc but I'm a bit sceptical about putting it anywhere near my hair!

Overall I find for me it's a mask that's very good for making your skin feel 'cleaned out' and it's extremely good value for money too however I would be wary about using it on dry or sensitive skin and leaving it on for too long.

I wanted to absolutely rave over this like everyone else that inspired me to purchase, but this can be just as harmful as it is helpful if you don't use it correctly. I have combination, sensitive skin and this really turned me BRIGHT RED. Which I thought to myself, "Okay, lots of blood flow to the face to regenerate cell turn-over and regenerate itself." but it almost irritated my skin. I used it and noticed it surfaced a bunch of under the skin bumps. I was purging out all the gunk, but was also stripping my skin of it's essential oils in the process. Clay is used to absorb excess oils, but can soak up too much if used too often or if the skin is already overly-stripped/sensitive like mine. I used it with raw, ACV and it really aggravated my sensitive areas (chin, around nostril, jawline) causing cystic pimples. I since have been using just warm water to mix and I notice it works way better! I suggest this for even non-sensitive skin types. You'll notice with ACV it bubbles and breaks down the powder to a gritty texture. Where as with water it just mixes and stays muddy and clumpy, but not at all gritty. I feel as though the water method makes it a true to form mud mask. It dries much more clay-like in texture and in my opinion does a better job. I would repurchase for when my skin needs a deep down clean and blood-flow, but this isn't a weekly product for my sensitive, overly- stripped skin. I use it about 2 times a month and leave it on for an hour. I also like to use the clay mixed with my cleanser as an exfoliant on days when my skin is congested and flakey. It's priced very nicely. You get a ton of product for under ten dollars and it lasts forever! Haven't tried it on bug bites or as a hair mask yet, but will in the future.

Popular Masks