April 19, 2014 | 1857 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Powersurge Eye Kohl

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by marsgolfer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hey there, girls:)
I have a few of these..some shorter than others...it just came out again, and I bought 4 of them...this is one of my favorite pencils, up there with Spare Change, and Wolf..of which I bought I think 8 of...so they will out live me..lol...Once eI find a great MAC liner, I know it will be limited...so get these now, while you can::))!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I admit it - when it comes to makeup, youtube tutorials have been my real downfall. I bought Powersurge after seeing it used in a stunning look as a coloured base (over top of a colourless primer) for a golden brown eye look. It was such a beautiful effect that I just HAD to own this pencil. Well, I absolutely LOVE Powersurge. Used as a base under shades like Patina or Tempting, which can be so disappointing applied on their own (compared with how they look in the pan), these shadows just come to life and look so much better. I have dark brown eyes and this golden bronze pencil looks terrific smudged under my lower lashes if I'm wearing a more matte deep or mid-brown shadow on my lids. What is especially great about this pencil too is that it is easy to blend out across my upper lids without pulling or tugging. I suspect that because both GOSH and Sephora (my go-to liners) are either smudge-proof or waterproof, it is that much more difficult to spread them across the lids easily and gently.

This turns out to be a really versatile pencil that functions as a liner, an eye shadow base and a nice smudgy "eyeshadow" for the lower lash area. Price not bad and it's easy to sharpen too. So a winner on all counts.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by hiigherlearning

I can't believe I've been living without this eyeliner for so long! I'd never heard of it before or even thought of using gold/lightish eyeliner- I was using Clinique Egyptian creamshaper (which I also love)- but I happened to swipe this one on the back of my hand out of curiosity while I was at the MAC counter and voila ! Fell in love on the spot. (: Then I came here and read the reviews and went back the next day to buy it. . .one of the best makeup purchases I've ever made, by a long shot.

The color's just. . .I can't even describe it. But it's beautiful. Like really, really beautiful. Sort of goldish-greenish-taupeish-brownish, not sparkly but shimmery and just stunnnnnning. Seriously. (; I have light brown eyes with some gold/green in them and this makes them GLOW like nothing else I've ever used. During the day I'll just wear this on the top lashline and bottom lashline/waterline with some black-brown mascara and my eyes look amazing. The only other thing I've paired it with so far is my Clinique Egyptian liner on top and black masacara, which also looks awesome, but I'm sure it would work with a bunch of different makeup looks and eye colors. I actually really want to try it with navy blue next. (:

My eyes are pretty sensitive and this hasn't irritated them yet. . .and the best part is, it stays on all day! Even on the waterline! The first time I wore it and it stayed on without any touchups, I thought I just got lucky that day, or my eyes were deceiving me, but nope! It proves me wrong again and again.

All in all I'm in love with this pencil and would buy a million of them if I could. Highly, HIGHLY recommended ! (: (: (:

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by LydiaGonzales

Wow, I just picked up Powersurge this weekend and already it is my new everyday favorite eyeliner! It's a beautiful antique gold color, very subtle, but where some others say it doesn't show up on them, on me it just makes my eyes POP. Yes, ask a man if I'm wearing eyeliner and he would probably say NO, but to me that's exactly the magic of this shade: unless you get up close you might not see it, but it actually makes a big difference in my appearance! Like a MLBB shade for your eyes. My theory is that it's just making my eyelashes look fuller without looking like a liner, which is why it makes my eyes pop so much. For reference: I'm pale (NW 15/20) with yellow undertones and very dark brown hair and eyes and usually my favorite eye color it an olive green for a subtle smouldery look. After admiring amazing gold liner on my dance teacher I tried using Gaelic Gold (MAC) from the 2011 winter eye palette to get a similar effect, but wanted a pencil for easier use. I'm so pleased that I found Powersurge, it's just what I wanted! I usually don't like the MAC Kohls because they don't last and smudge like crazy on me, but this one stays put just great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Buterfly3446

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently got this liner from MAC, it has been on my wishlist for a while. I was extremely pleased with it, it's such a unique, amazing color. I love to buff it out on my lid and then use MAC Trax eyeshadow over it. Also a great alternative to black on your waterline..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I heard about this liner from sam chapman from pixiwoo. I Frickin love this eyeliner. It's the perfect liner when I want something to brighten and open up my eyes. Color is a gorgeous khaki bronzey brown gold if that makes any sense? Haha. I think this liner does a better job at brightening my eyes compared to nude eye liners (Nars rue Bonaparte). Glides on smooth and is very creamy. Lasting power isn't that great compared to prestige total intensity liners, but i Def would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received this pencil from a lovely swapper as an extra. It has an olive - gold color but it is not a warm color. I'm always in the hunt for cool golden shades -which is rare- and this fits the bill perfectly. I just wish its color was a little bit more intense. It does not show on my waterline. Better use it on upper or lower lash line. NW20 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by zoegirly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The perfect lower lashline eyeliner!
You get color, but still not too much.
If you always find that eyeliner looks too much on you on the lower lashline- you will LOVE this one!

This pencil last a long time, longer than other MAC pencils :)
And it will stay on for at least 12hours :)

I am NC20

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by hancid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this on my waterline.
Great for making your eyes look smuldering, more defined without being obvious which is good for daytime.
Makes my eye colour pop a lot more.
I don't like the metallic sheen so much but for my waterline it's perfect when I am looking for a bit of extra definition and more "bedroom" looking eyes without having to use something as obvious as black.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by mellliiisssuh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Really subtle way to bring out your eyes. Eyeliner on my lower lashline can look really odd, but this is the only one I can generously apply and not think about. If you get frustrated with how eyeliner can look on you, I highly suggest this