October 1, 2014 | 1797 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Milk of Magnesia

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

No.... unfortunately no. It does almost nothing for me. It doesn't make my skin any less oily than if I don't use it. Sadly this just doesn't work for me..... wish it did !

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2014 8:06:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a travel size of Milk of Magnesia some years ago, when I first got into makeup primers, because it seemed a good and cheap product to try to make my skin more matte in the summer. As I was just getting into foundation primers, this seemed a wonderful alternative to pricier products laden with chemicals. Sadly, this didn't work for me. It kept my t-zone matte for a very short time but at the cost of looking like a ghost. It just didn't work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I've used this for a bit over two weeks and was very impressed with the oil-control. Today was the first day I did my regular make-up routine without it, and I can tell a difference!!!! My face is slick and my pores are actually more visible. My skin also doesn't feel as soft. For the record, I wash my wash, use AC (as a toner), apply a tea tree oil/grapeseed oil mix (as a serum), then moisturizer, sunscreen, and finally m.o.m. I hadn't realized how much face product I use.... After that I put on a primer and then foundation as normal. :) I use a cotton ball to apply m.o.m. and use it all over my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Sms815

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try this to help keep my foundation in place & to help w/ oxidization. It worked really well for both & i liked how smoothe my skin looked when i primed with mom. It kept my foundation in place in the most extreme environments...high heat, humidity,sweat, oil from job, & kept my foundation from rubbing off or transferring. It also really helped w/oxidization (which is a huge problem for me) The reason i rated it so low is because after
about a week of use ia had the worst breakout of my life....so i quit using mom & my breakout cleared up. I only use it once in a while now when i feel absolutely necessary because every time i use it i break out. I really wish mom worked for me as ive never used a primer that worked better, definitely worth using if your skin tolerates it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by AnjiRay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Grey

OMG! Yes to the MU Gods for providing this miracle! I have combination skin which becomes an oil rig in my T-zone, especially my nose. Huge pores, which I never quite noticed BEFORE I began my quest to becoming a MUA. My skin would look flawless after my routine makeup application and that would last about, hmmmm, an hour before the oil demons started to seep through and start wrecking havoc. But TODAY, all that has changed! Yes Gawd! I saw about 4 youtube reviews from a variety of skin tones swearing by this product. I was like, hmmmm, a laxative huh? Yeah, right. YEAH, RIGHT IS RIGHT! Stop reading this and go to your nearest drugstore and scoop you up a bottle! I did not oil up once in 9 hours and it was extremely hot today, not humid but hot. Okay, time to turn up the ante, I purposely went on a extreme cleansing binge which was guaranteed to make me sweat, I turned my bathroom into a steam room and came out a mattified queen! I could not believe it! I did read some ph reviews on this product, so I don't think I'll use it each and every day but for the most part, its a keeper. Get it! They trust you to ingest it, why not apply it to your face and stay beautiful! BTW, this is my first official review on MUA, so thank you for letting me rant! xoxo Anji Ray

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Caxap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this, but it did absolutely nothing for my oily skin. Even putting on a thicker layer didn't help =(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by TeeCeeGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews on MUA and watching some on YouTube, I was excited to go and purchase some Milk of Magnesia to help with my oily skin. So, I've used this for about 3 weeks and I think that's enough time to be able to have an opinion of it. Well, it's not a good opinion. I've applied this on my face and let dry. At first, yes, it does leave your skin looking more mattified than it did before you applied, but in a matter of a half hour or so, you might as well have used a very hydrating moisturizer. My face feels as oily as it would without a mattifier. Maybe it's just that I have very oily skin...I'm not sure. All I know is that this didn't live up to the hype for me. Makes me sad too because I was able to purchase it for a dollar and had it worked, I would have had a mattifier that lasts forever, for a dollar. Too bad. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Had high hopes for this, but was very disappointed. Did nothing for my oily skin. Sure it dried it out temporarily, but within an hour or two my t-zone was just as shiny and oily as ever. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by QueenBoudica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's over 80° F and humid; but after only applying a small amount of MOM on just my nose this morning, I'm still not oily! Hooray it really works!!! (Just a tiny wee bit of shine, but I didn't even feel like I needed to powder my nose!) I used the MOM on just my nose.... then Maybelline Instant Age Rewind foundation on my whole face.
What a nice little trick :)
(If I was planning to spend a whole day outdoors in hot & humid weather, I might apply this to more of my face)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by 33Lisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not available in Australia, I bought through eBay from the US. I've tried it a couple of times now but find it too much of a hassle to bother with trying to get it on evenly over my oily areas (too many white streaks!) before putting makeup on. I prefer a minimalistic routine in the mornings. It does leave a nice smooth canvas for makeup application once you get it right though. It's now in my swap list if you're in Australia and want to try it out.