April 18, 2014 | 1847 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Milk of Magnesia

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Sms815

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try this to help keep my foundation in place & to help w/ oxidization. It worked really well for both & i liked how smoothe my skin looked when i primed with mom. It kept my foundation in place in the most extreme environments...high heat, humidity,sweat, oil from job, & kept my foundation from rubbing off or transferring. It also really helped w/oxidization (which is a huge problem for me) The reason i rated it so low is because after
about a week of use ia had the worst breakout of my life....so i quit using mom & my breakout cleared up. I only use it once in a while now when i feel absolutely necessary because every time i use it i break out. I really wish mom worked for me as ive never used a primer that worked better, definitely worth using if your skin tolerates it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by AnjiRay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Grey

OMG! Yes to the MU Gods for providing this miracle! I have combination skin which becomes an oil rig in my T-zone, especially my nose. Huge pores, which I never quite noticed BEFORE I began my quest to becoming a MUA. My skin would look flawless after my routine makeup application and that would last about, hmmmm, an hour before the oil demons started to seep through and start wrecking havoc. But TODAY, all that has changed! Yes Gawd! I saw about 4 youtube reviews from a variety of skin tones swearing by this product. I was like, hmmmm, a laxative huh? Yeah, right. YEAH, RIGHT IS RIGHT! Stop reading this and go to your nearest drugstore and scoop you up a bottle! I did not oil up once in 9 hours and it was extremely hot today, not humid but hot. Okay, time to turn up the ante, I purposely went on a extreme cleansing binge which was guaranteed to make me sweat, I turned my bathroom into a steam room and came out a mattified queen! I could not believe it! I did read some ph reviews on this product, so I don't think I'll use it each and every day but for the most part, its a keeper. Get it! They trust you to ingest it, why not apply it to your face and stay beautiful! BTW, this is my first official review on MUA, so thank you for letting me rant! xoxo Anji Ray

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Caxap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this, but it did absolutely nothing for my oily skin. Even putting on a thicker layer didn't help =(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by TeeCeeGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading the reviews on MUA and watching some on YouTube, I was excited to go and purchase some Milk of Magnesia to help with my oily skin. So, I've used this for about 3 weeks and I think that's enough time to be able to have an opinion of it. Well, it's not a good opinion. I've applied this on my face and let dry. At first, yes, it does leave your skin looking more mattified than it did before you applied, but in a matter of a half hour or so, you might as well have used a very hydrating moisturizer. My face feels as oily as it would without a mattifier. Maybe it's just that I have very oily skin...I'm not sure. All I know is that this didn't live up to the hype for me. Makes me sad too because I was able to purchase it for a dollar and had it worked, I would have had a mattifier that lasts forever, for a dollar. Too bad. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Had high hopes for this, but was very disappointed. Did nothing for my oily skin. Sure it dried it out temporarily, but within an hour or two my t-zone was just as shiny and oily as ever. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by QueenBoudica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's over 80° F and humid; but after only applying a small amount of MOM on just my nose this morning, I'm still not oily! Hooray it really works!!! (Just a tiny wee bit of shine, but I didn't even feel like I needed to powder my nose!) I used the MOM on just my nose.... then Maybelline Instant Age Rewind foundation on my whole face.
What a nice little trick :)
(If I was planning to spend a whole day outdoors in hot & humid weather, I might apply this to more of my face)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by 33Lisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not available in Australia, I bought through eBay from the US. I've tried it a couple of times now but find it too much of a hassle to bother with trying to get it on evenly over my oily areas (too many white streaks!) before putting makeup on. I prefer a minimalistic routine in the mornings. It does leave a nice smooth canvas for makeup application once you get it right though. It's now in my swap list if you're in Australia and want to try it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by FearlessBarb

Thanks you guys! I would never have known about this bizarre miracle for my face in the laxative section. My skin has gone from very oily to extremely oily and no matter what foundation I use it slips right off. That is until I came upon this very odd and somewhat unbelievable remedy. Finally I don't have to "wipe up" constantly. I use a cheap and not very good foundation brush from ecco tools that I recently bought, just shake the bottle and apply a thin layer. I hardly have to blot or wipe at all anymore. The finish is smooth and tight and comfortable with no smell. Don't wait, try it. If you have oily skin, you'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLover411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

All I can say is, why didn't I find this sooner?! I bought the Phillips brand in Original since I'm using it on my face, but if you're using it for a different purpose, then feel free to use whatever flavor you want =) I got the 12 ounce bottle at Target for around $4 so the price is excellent! And a little goes a long way. I usually pour it in a small bottle that I got from Target and keep it in my makeup bag.. I use it as a primer for my face so I shake the bottle before placing it onto my face and apply it with my fingers. It really controls the oil! My face is suuper oily and gross so by the end of the day my face is basically soaked in oil! And it works GREAT in the summer! Milk of Magnesia does wonders for those with oily skin! So if you have normal to dry skin, I HIGHLY wouldn't reccomend it because it'll just dry out your skin even more.. I give this product 5 lippies =))

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Holy hellsacks this is like all of my oily skin prayers have been answered. Lemme tell ya, I've tried countless primers, oil-control lotions, mattifying powders, etc to try to keep my face matte throughout the day. No matter what I'd use, my face would be shiny in roughly four hours, give or take. Well, I popped onto MUA the other night and was browsing the main page and saw their little twitter feed, clicked on a few links and came to reviews for this. Read the reviews and thought I'd try it out, because I could either spend four bucks on something that may or may not work, or shell out big money for a high-end matte foundation that probably won't live up to it's claims anyway.
-----
I got this from Walmart for under four dollars (I think it was like $3.98 or something very close to that, before tax). Wash my face, apply my SPF moisturizer (and let it sink in), shake up the bottle of MoM, and use whatever is left on the underside of the white cap to rub into my face. It mattifies the skin instantly, and I don't have issues with a white film or powder being left over (you really don't need to use much of this at all, the tiniest amount will work wonders). Put my makeup on, and bam, 14 hours after applying my foundation and setting it with a translucent powder, my face is still shine-free. I'm not kidding, there's no oil peeking through at all except for very, VERY minimal oil on the tip of my nose (and even that is hardly existent, not even enough to call for a blotting tissue). I'm amazed.
-----
I should add that there's not much of a smell at all, I only got a very slight whiff of something when burying my nose into the bottle, but otherwise no smell when I'm applying it or afterward. I wish they made ultra tiny bottles of this because the regular size will last AGES seeing as you need so little of the product.

Who would have thought that a laxative was the secret to all-day shine-free skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No