April 17, 2014 | 1911 users online

Bath Treatments - Avon - Skin So Soft Bath Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

An avon Classic - I buy it in the pump style to spray it on to repel mosquitos and biting flies. They now have a HUGE product line based around SSS and the insect repelling qualities. Greasy? Yes. Effective? Very.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by mariyvette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a product I remember as one of my mom's beauty staples. Her long baths and the very fragrance of this when she emerged. My sisters and I would be in awe of the silky skin she had (to this day she does, and yes she still uses this- 20 years later.) It does have a very very strong scent which I don't mind but I use it after my showers at night to let it taper off. It leaves my skin so soft and does a fair job of absorbing. Has seen that it keeps skin supple (my mom is the proof ) so this will stay in my beauty regimen. A definite must for me... The only thing I purchase from Avon

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Avonís another company I donít like to dis too much, because I eat up their catalogs every chance I get (note to self: replace Smoky Diamond Glimmerstick liner). However. My SSS test run was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, but the memories are crystalline--it didn't soften my skin so much as turn it into an alt-medicinal smelling deep-fry pit. I was always afraid that if I slipped after bathing in this stuff, Iíd slide all the way into the next state. Plus it leaves a really gnarly bathtub ring.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Nice bath oil that does what it says on the bottle! STRONG SCENT(of pine i think?) so beware sensitive noses!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

I bought this on a major whim. Im not a huge fan of oil, i just despise the texture of it, all slippery!! Any how, i poured a bit of this into my bath the other day and had a nice long soak and after drying, my skin was so soft and felt like id lotioned instead of had a bath with oil in it! Will do this weekly :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by staci13

I love this stuff. I spray it on just before I get out of the shower and do a quick rinse and then pat my skin dry and it moisturizes very well like this. I am a fan of the smell, although it seems a little mature for me, I still enjoy wearing it. The fragrance it has is strong enough and lasts long enough that one doesn't really need a perfume or body spray. I haven't yet used it for the mosquito repelling purposes though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was one of those Southern kids slathered in this by my mom and grandma everytime I went outside! It definitely works for that purpose. It's also good for baths and after baths. I don't use it much these days, but I currently have a small spray bottle in my possession. It seems like it's one of those things I should just have around, even it just for nostalgia.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by illislune

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ah, nostalgic memories - I remember first using this as a child and thinking the smell was so uniquely different. I love using it nowadays, especially during the winter, as it helps lessen the dryness of my skin (although it in no way replaces the use of moisturizing body butters). While I am a fan of the smell, I recognize that the strong smell definitely won't work for everyone. I've read that it works great as insect repellent, but haven't yet had a chance to really put it to the test.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is amazing stuff for all of the things you can use it for! A bath oil and a tire dressing...works like WD40 on sliding glass doors...shines wood! It is very heavily-scented, however, and therefore might not be so good for someone with sensitivities. Anyway, it is mainly mineral oil, and mineral oil has 100+ uses. regarding mosquitoes, I only wish that I had known about it when living in the Midwest--I have many scars from mosquito bites. I have no doubt that the little critters would have been repelled by the tremendous scent!

UPDATE: I rarely use this in the bath due to the bath ring. I have found that this stuff actually keeps critters out of your home without killing them. That is why I give this product another big thumbs up!!

Also, good for your car dashboard, just water it down. GREAT as a tire dressing! This stuff just has so many uses, I cannot get over it. Just Google "Skin-So-Soft."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I forgot how much I love the scent of (original) SSS until someone I love came up to me wearing it the other day! It's a beautiful, indefinable smell that you can dab (sparingly, please) on your pulse points. SSS is a great multipurpose product, although I use it mostly for its primary purpose, which is moisturizing. Instead of bathing in it, either spray it on or pour some on a damp washcloth and smooth it on your skin after a bath or shower. It's especially good for winter-dry skin, although it can help keep bugs away during the summer. If you use baby oil to give freshly shaved legs a glow, try SSS instead; it smells better. And yes, you can also use it to take the adhesive from bandaids, surgical tape, etc. off your skin. Everyone should have some of this in their bathroom!