December 21, 2014 | 1977 users online

Bath Treatments - Avon - Skin So Soft Bath Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Clover04750

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the large pink bottle of SSS for $6. It has an aluminum-like safety seal under the cap. This product doesn't smell medicated to me and has a pleasant floral smell that lasts a short time.

I applied it after a shower to damp skin by covering the opening with my hand and tipping the bottle each time I applied. I applied all over. I did not pour it into my hand because it has an extremely watery texture. Whether morning or evening, this did not leave my skin too greasy.

I added some to my bath water on another night. It left a layer of oil on the water, like cooking oil. I really like how it felt on my skin while massaging my feet and calves. However, it left a greasy ring around my tub by the next morning even though I had thoroughly rinsed the tub afterwards. Bathing in this oil also left my skin greasy after my skin dried. I would compare this feeling to Palmer's cocoa butter in oil form, but this oil doesn't flake the way Palmer's does. Instead, it pills over the skin. The greasy feeling did not go away over night, so I needed a shower by morning.

I like the smell of this oil even though its short-lived. I would recommend it as a foot or hand soak, massage oil that doesn't flake up, and definitely as an after-shower moisturizer. I would not recommend it for bathing in.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Kmac81

As a new Avon rep I decided to try this out, I used it to shave my legs as well as to clean the tires on my truck. I decided to buy baby oil instead as it's much cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Lawd jeezus lawd jeezus this stuff is my baby and I shall never part with it.

Back story: my mom sells Avon and has been doing so for a helluva long time. She's always used this stuff after a shower and it's a bit nostalgic for me because when I was little and had to use the bathroom when she was showering, the scent of this would fill the bathroom and it just smelled oh-so-good. I'm hooked on the original scent mostly because of that reason. The pink version and yellow version are good too but I really prefer the original scent.

I hate lotion with a deep fiery passion. I just hate how the ones that are light enough to soak into my skin quickly don't give me enough moisture, and the ones that DO give enough moisture are thick and I can feel them for a while afterward. Blegh I just hate that feeling of having lotion on my skin.

Enter this dear sweet beloved bath oil. I use it after showering - I lightly pat the water off with a towel, then get some of this on a washcloth and rub it all over mah body. What I'm left with is moisturized, soft skin that smells very nice and no heavy feeling. I give it a little time to soak in, I just comb out my hair and stuff and then put some clothes on and it's fine. If you use too much though you'll end up pretty slippery so just be careful with that.

When I'm in the mood for a bath I put some of this in as well and soak for a while and I'm left with such soft skin and it makes me glow a bit. I don't know how many years my mom has been using this but I'm pretty sure it's what makes her skin look radiant.

And I haven't tried it personally, but a lot of people that my mom sells this to say that it's great for summer to repel bugs.

They have a smaller spray-bottle one as well if you're thinking "nah I don't want to have a thing of oil sitting around".

I've tried other body oils but this one is just my favorite for the scent and what it does for my skin.

The regular price of the 16.9 oz is $13.00 but there are sales all the time, like right now it's on sale for $6.00 I think.

So overall yes I would definitely repurchase this and have many times already :) It's just kinda one of those things that's been around forever but is still a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by wowotakubaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

This oil is so versatile...
It helps repel biting bugs and mosquitos in the hot summer/spring days without the weird bug spray smell.
Keeps your skin soft after a shower or bath after spraying right after while wet. This is the best way, for me, to let it absorb into my skin.
It also kicks dry skin's butt!

My mom keeps a stock up of all the types, and I have a little store of it myself. Definitely an old cult classic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

An avon Classic - I buy it in the pump style to spray it on to repel mosquitos and biting flies. They now have a HUGE product line based around SSS and the insect repelling qualities. Greasy? Yes. Effective? Very.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by mariyvette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a product I remember as one of my mom's beauty staples. Her long baths and the very fragrance of this when she emerged. My sisters and I would be in awe of the silky skin she had (to this day she does, and yes she still uses this- 20 years later.) It does have a very very strong scent which I don't mind but I use it after my showers at night to let it taper off. It leaves my skin so soft and does a fair job of absorbing. Has seen that it keeps skin supple (my mom is the proof ) so this will stay in my beauty regimen. A definite must for me... The only thing I purchase from Avon

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Avonís another company I donít like to dis too much, because I eat up their catalogs every chance I get (note to self: replace Smoky Diamond Glimmerstick liner). However. My SSS test run was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, but the memories are crystalline--it didn't soften my skin so much as turn it into an alt-medicinal smelling deep-fry pit. I was always afraid that if I slipped after bathing in this stuff, Iíd slide all the way into the next state. Plus it leaves a really gnarly bathtub ring.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Nice bath oil that does what it says on the bottle! STRONG SCENT(of pine i think?) so beware sensitive noses!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

I bought this on a major whim. Im not a huge fan of oil, i just despise the texture of it, all slippery!! Any how, i poured a bit of this into my bath the other day and had a nice long soak and after drying, my skin was so soft and felt like id lotioned instead of had a bath with oil in it! Will do this weekly :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I spray it on just before I get out of the shower and do a quick rinse and then pat my skin dry and it moisturizes very well like this. I am a fan of the smell, although it seems a little mature for me, I still enjoy wearing it. The fragrance it has is strong enough and lasts long enough that one doesn't really need a perfume or body spray. I haven't yet used it for the mosquito repelling purposes though.