November 20, 2014 | 1938 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

What it Claims:
"Specially formulated for sensitive, normal to dry skins, the Sensibio H2O micelle solution gently cleanses face and eyes. It removes water-resistant make-up. The micelles contained in its formula effectively micro-emulsify impurities while maintaining the skin’s balance (soap-free, physiological pH). Soothing and decongesting active ingredients prevent the feelings of irritation often caused by cleansing."

Claims - True or False?
1) Gently cleanses: True.
2) Removes water-resistant makeup: False.
3) Micro-emulsifies impurities: True.
4) Prevents the sensation of irritation: False.

Packaging:
Comes in a no-frills bottle with a flip-cap and small hole for dispensing the liquid. Flip-cap is secure enough for light traveling (the gym, a friend's) but would not recommend for distant traveling. The bottle itself is made of clear plastic, making it bathroom-friendly and ensures you can see how much is left. One major drawback: the design is not very appropriate for the cleanser itself, as it can cause an excess of product being dispensed. It can also be difficult to get it evenly distributed over your cotton ball/pad unless a lot is used. Recommend decanting into a spray bottle.

Consistency and Fragrance:
Looks and feels like water, although a tad slicker. No added dyes, clear. Very similar to a toner, and depending on your method of cleansing, I could see this being used as a toner instead of a cleanser, with a light hand. Dries quite quickly, and doesn't leave any noticeable film in terms of its feel. However, when rinsed off, you can clearly feel that there is a film left behind by the cleanser - somewhat slimey, and takes a while to get rid of (and it generally doesn't come off completely). No added fragrance, but there is a subtle, "clean" scent to it, like cleaning solution almost. Not too strong.

Bang for your Buck:
125ml bottle = $5.00CAD
250ml bottle = $22.00CAD
500ml bottle = $30.00CAD
Based on the pricing, I'd recommend looking for the 125ml or 500ml bottle, as the 250ml is basically a rip-off; four times the cost of the smallest bottle for twice the amount, and only 8 bucks cheaper than the largest, doubled bottle? No thank you! The nature of the product also means that quite a bit can end up being used, especially if you use it twice a day. You are supposed to use it as you would a toner, and use a saturated cotton until it comes back clean. I'd say that yo'd be lucky to get about 4-5 months out of the larger bottles with regular use, especially if you use it to help remove your makeup.

Final Consensus:
If you are in need of a simple, easy and no-frills cleanser, give this product a try. I do not recommend it for makeup removal, but only for gentle cleansing in the morning or on evenings you've gone bare-faced. Ironically, this cleanser was far too irritating and drying for facial use, and I will not repurchase. I did dabble with using it as a brush cleanser, which I liked, but it is not something I will repurchase for that use as it did not work well enough.
- Pros: Multiple sizes available, generally cleanses effectively, can remove some light makeup, great for fast cleansing, refreshing, works well for morning cleansing or post-gym cleansing, cleans makeup brushes well enough.
- Cons: weird pricing, drying, causes dryness and irritation on the eye area, does not remove most makeup well, contributed to irritation (both a combo of the ingredients and the use of a cotton pad), can leave a film on the skin, possibly bothered my acne, poor packaging choice, requires a lot of product with each use, not always easy to locate find locally.

Overall Rating: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Packaging Quality: 3/5
Would you buy this product again: No.

43 out of 46 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2012 5:41:00 AM More reviews by alisonkeir

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had to write a review, because this was driving me CRAZY. I couldn't figure out why the ingredients listed here were not the same ones on the bottle I borrowed from my mother...

FYI, Bioderma "Sensibio H20" and Bioderma "Crealine TS H20" are two completely different products. I don't know why they are listed as the same, but it might account for some of the variance in ratings. They do appear to be packaged identically, so be sure to check carefully to make sure you're ordering the right one.

The ingredients for Sensibio H20 are listed above; as you can see, it is oil-free. It's for "Peaux Sensibles," or sensitive skin. This might not take off waterproof eye or other makeup too well, but it's less likely to cause breakouts.

The one I have (Crealine H20) seems to remove eye makeup pretty well, and does contain oil. Many people like castor oil, but my face breaks out like crazy when I use it. It's also rated pretty high as far as being comedogenic. Crealine H20 is for "Peaux Sensibles Tres Seches," or sensitive and very dry skin. Anyway, here are the ingredients for that one:

Water (Aqua), PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Ammonium Lactate, Plantago Major Leaf Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Centrimonium Bromide.

As you can see, they are quite different from the ones listed above! Hopefully this will save someone from ordering something that they'll hate, like I almost did....

26 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

What it Claims:

Claims - True or False?
1) Gently cleanses: True.
2) Removes water-resistant makeup: False.
3) Micro-emulsifies impurities: True.
4) Prevents the sensation of irritation: False.

Packaging:

Final Consensus:

Overall Rating: 3/5
Price: 3/5
Packaging Quality: 3/5
Would you buy this product again: No.

14 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by calsycat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

i don't know if anyone has made this point, but in addition to being a good facial cleanser, it works beautifully to clean small ( eg: eyeliner) brushes. just pour a little puddle in your clean palm and swish the bristles around in the liquid. blot dry on a tissue. I clean my brush this way after every use so that it's always clean and good to go.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Cranberrybabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is definitely my HG cleanser.
I prefer not to use gels or foaming cleansers. They all need to be rinsed with water. And tap water horribly dries my dehydrated skin out.

Sensibio doesn't cause any breakouts on my acne-prone skin. But I've heard that it can make it too sensitive after a several month because it contains a cleansing ingredient, Cetrimonium Bromide, which is better to be washed away from the skin.
To avoid that I just follow with a tonic lotion. My skin feels great, cleansed and calmed down.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Combination skin. Nurse, need something that is easy and quick at when i'm tired/in a rush. I use two cotton pads with a small splash of product on each. Bought online for ~$30 for 500mls, can buy cheaper but SUPER expensive in Aus (~$30 for 200mls)
Pros: Effective and quick, calming/comfortable on the skin, does not sting/burn/irritate, takes eye makeup off easily, looks like water
Cons: Bottle needs a pump to help control amount, wont last more than a couple of months (use it once-twice a day), Lancome Bi-facil better at removing eye makeup
VERDICT: HG status. Will buy this everytime, such a great great product and a staple in my skin care regime. Sweet relief!

EDIT: I've been using this for about 4-5mnths and I'm only half way through the bottle. I use it with Embryolisse Lait Creme and Natio Toner. Works really well for those nights when I'm quick to bed or tired +++

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by shannycgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Before I profess my undying devotion to this product, I am knocking hard on a piece of wood. I bought this two, I repeat TWO, days ago. My skin is normally blemish-free and dryer in the winter months. I switched to Origins Checks and Balances cleanser and was a bit schizo in buying moisturizers for the past few months (in this time I tried Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream, Nuxe, plain old Johnson's Nourishing Lotion which actually worked relatively well, among others). Everything left my skin bumpy, dry and with break-out after break-out. I also became obsessive with my unhappy skin, poking and proding at every cloged pore and blemish (ATTENTION: Do NOT do this).

I remembered reading about Crealine a while ago as a highly-rated makeup remover among models (I had no idea it could be used to cleanse and tone as well). On my weekly prowl through the Shoppers aisles I spotted Sensibio H2O and was intrigued and desperate for a miracle cure. I also decided to try a new, albeit similar cleanser to the one I was using and bought Vichy's Purete Thermale Purifying Foaming Cleanser. I'm not happy there are parabens in the Vichy line, but if they are going to help keep my skin clear I'll suck it up and use them begrudgingly [not].

My routine for the past two days has been to wipe away dirt and makeup (which I don't wear on an everyday basis besides concealer if need be) with Sensibio and then wash my face with Vichy and then tone again with Sensibio. Lastly, I apply my moisturizer (from Vichy's new Aqualia line). In two days this routine has made my skin baby bum soft and has minimized my pores, wiped away almost all blackheads and altogether just reinvigorated my skin.

Sensibio has fast-tracked to HG status for me, and I will never be found without it again. Buy this product, it will not disappoint! I also will recommend Vichy in this review, they have some truly amazing products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff, though it stings in eyes. I have tried oils and they broke me out and the rubbing irritated. Silicone based ones that you shake work but also irritate. This feels like water and it cleans of mu and spf really well. I then wash with PC Skin Recovery or Khiel's ultra and everything is off. If there is anything left I wash with Cerave as it's so gentle. I am on my second bottle. I love the bottle as it looks like something in chemistry class. It's clear, no shaking and very gentle. My DH is a ChemE (knows nothing about skin care) and was looking at 2 other silicone based gentle mu removers and said "I can't believe you are using this crap on your face" and tossed it out. He said this was much better. He never comments on skin care hardly as his expertise is household cleansers and other products. On my second bottle. Yes it's about 30 but for a lot. I do use a lot on shiseido cotton pads, which is kind of expensive, but my skin is so much less irritated as a result. I soak a cotton pad and leave it on the eye and wipe some on the lashes and it mostly comes off. I do go over with a qtip to get of mascara, but I do that with oil too. Also when I use this on my face and wash afterwards, I don't see anything on my cotton pad if I swipe. I love it. I have to use a bit but it is worth every penny.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Elisy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin is oily, dehydrated, very sensitive, clog-prone, with slight rosacea. I have tried so many products over the years. Nothing has ever calmed my skin and reduced my redness like this stuff, I am truly amazed! I have been using it for 3 weeks, morning and night and my skin has really changed. I do not use it to remove mascara, but I do use it to take off all my other makeup (with a cotton pad, no rinsing afterward). Will definitely try other products from this brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Arosci

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favourite no-rinse cleanser.

It cleanses, removes makeup (including Colorstay, though it needs a makeup removing sponge instead of cottonpads), it's free of fragrance (and odorless), irritating ingredients, strong preservatives, anionic surfactants.

It doesn't need to be rinsed-out but it can sometimes leave a slight tacky afterfeel so you can rinse it with soft water (or plain water if it's not too hard), or a toner.

In France, there are two formulas : Crealine H2O for normal to combination skin, and Crealine TS H2O for dry to very dry skin (TS means "Très Sèche", in English "Very Dry").

It's really inexpensive as it's usually sold in packs of 2 x 500 ml (so, one liter) and such a pack costs around 16 € (approximately US$21).

The packaging is simple (but I don't like the fact that I cannot remove the cap to put a pump on top of the bottle).

Will definitely repurchase (as I've always done for almost ten years).