Kiehl's Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion

Aqua ; Alumina ; Paraffinum Liquidum ; Glycerin ; Dimethicone ; Butyrospermum Parkii ; PEG-100 Stearate ; Stearyl Alcohol ; Glyceryl Stearate ; Diatomaceous Earth ; Ammonium polyacryloyldimethyl taurate ; Phenoxyethanol ; Methylparaben ; Butylparaben ; Epilobium angustifolium ; Disodium EDTA ; Hydrolyzed Algin ; angustifolium extract

on 7/24/2015 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this about four months ago and I was so excited to give it a try. It is out of this world AMAZING! My skin after four months is looking softer, smoother and the little lines are less noticable. It is abrasive so don't rub too hard or it will take off more than you might want it to. I use it once a month in my dry areas only. As stated in other reviews a tiny dab is all that is needed so I would consider this a great deal for the price you pay. This is one of the products that will save you some money from going to the Dayspa to get the same thing done for quite a lot more. I would also not suggest going out in the Sun for a day or so as well. I did the day after once for thirty minutes to swim laps and even with Coppertone Sport SPF 50 I still got a slight burn. So be careful. I highly recommend as it is the best in its category to be sure!

on 7/10/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Amazing product expensive but worth it I always feel my skin is benefiting after a single use lasts forever and only a small nickel sized dime is needed skin is left smooth supple radiant and plumped its a heavy duty scrub that does what it says and extra sun screen is needed as your skin becomes sensitive after using it as it scrubs away dead skin its a must have product and a definite staple

on 3/11/2015 6:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my favourite scrub. It contains tiny little scrubby things, sort of like sand, but smaller, that do a really good job of removing dead skin cells. It can be a little harsh if you scrub too hard or too long, so be very gentle. This scrub makes my skin very soft and I can tell when I've used it, as my skin looks great and refreshed. I use it once a week and find that it's enough. It is rather pricey, but for me it's worth it. You don't need a lot of product, so the tube lasts a long time.

on 2/24/2015 6:27:00 PM

I have difficult to manage discolorated-sensitive-combination skin that is prone to breakouts. For a long time I've had tired looking skin, from sun exposure (I live in an region that gets a lot of sunlight year round) plus I smoke (which doesn't help either).

For many years I just assumed that I'm doomed to just live with the tired looking/ discolorated/ combination skin that I had.

I generally try to follow instructions suggested and then slowly change how I use it to what works best for me.

Instructions say to use it 3 times a week. I started off with using it once a week (because the first time I used it I was blown away by how effective it was/yet it gave me redness that I wasn't too happy with when I applied it early in the morning).

I slowly worked my way up to using it every other day now, but only during night time. I'm still not a fan of using sunblock cause I've yet to find one that doesn't give my face a shine, plus being exposed to sunlight after application is never a good idea.

Instructions on how I use this product:

I use this product at night before going to bed now. After I use the Kiehls Calendula deep cleansing face wash while in the shower. I apply this product for a good 2 min paying extra attention to areas with larger pores, then rinse with cool water. I then use the face wash again.

Once I'm out of the shower I only pat dry my face. I then use the kielhs calendula toner with a cotton pad (I used to soak the cotton pad with it thinking that it would sooth my skin but eventually found out that less yields better results). Using the toner certainly helped with tightening the pores and cooling the skin as well.

After 5 min or so, I apply the Kiehls clearly corrective dark spot solution. On the days that I use the Microdermabrasion I use twice as much as I normally would (6 drops all over face in total). The way the skin soaks up the solution after the microdermabrasion is PHENOMENAL, and yield impressive results as opposed to the solution alone.

After another 5 min, I use the Kiehls ultra facial oil-free gel cream. A little goes a looong way, although after the dermabrasion I use a little more than I would on days that I don't.

I let my face soak up the solution and gel cream for a good 45min to an hour while laying in bed (usually time spent reading a book or browsing online before bed).

I've been using this product for 3 months now. The first month I was using it once a week. And while I was happy with how my face felt after using it (yes the reviews are all true, you have to use it to understand) I haven't gotten the result I was hoping for.

On the second month, I started to slowly use the product more often and changed the time of usage from morning to night, and was experimenting with how to use the other products with it to get better results.

On the third month, I have been using the method I mentioned above this for a month now. I'm not a fan of exaggeration but I literally feel like I've had a skin transplant (if there ever was a thing). I no longer have discoloration, my skin feels smooth, clear and fresh.

I've tried way too many products (and with a good disposable income, I never shied from splurging on any product to get the results I wanted). Nothing has come close to the results I got from this. Is it more expensive than others? Yes, but the results blew me away, that I stocked up with a couple of more boxes of it.

This is BY FAR the most effective product for its intended use that I have purchased.

on 2/12/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i think this is one of the best facial scrubs on the market, and often refer my clients to it. i mix it with a dime sized amount of cleanser when i use it to thin it out because the buffing grains are so fine (which any dermo or aesthetician worth their salt will tell you is what you want in a scrub) it can be really intense straight from the tube. using it this way i also double how long the product lasts making the price fantastic. i only use it 1-2 times a week and use a chemical exfoliant 1-2 ties a week separately. i am in my 40s with very dry skin and find it is a great pre serum or facial oil.

on 1/20/2015 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I just used this product for the first time. I feel like it's a good product for the body, but was too harsh for my face. It felt like I was massaging sandpaper or fiberglass against my skin.
I would use it again, but maybe on knees or elbows instead. There is no scent and the particles are very fine. A little does in fact go a long way.

on 10/29/2014 9:23:00 AM

I should've read the review beforehand. I have sensitive, oily skin and this product is way too harsh. Got red bumps all over my cheeks and chin the next morning after using this. Giving three lippies cause it seems to work well for non problematic skin

on 10/14/2014 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. It truly gives me new skin after every use. It's not for anyone with sensitive skin though, as it really scrubs! It's pricey, and the tube isn't large which is the only downfall I can see.

I use it sporadically, every few weeks or for a special event. Makeup glides on after using it ! It's my HG of exfoliators for sure. I just hate that it's so expensive

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is wonderful stuff. There's no unpleasant scent and it's very effective. My skin immediately feels smooth and renewed after gently scrubbing my face with this in the shower. It works great on my dry elbows too! The price is a bit steep at 40 for 75ml, but you're only using a tiny amount a few times a week so it should last a good 6 months. I haven't had any irritation breakouts from this, although my face does look a bit red and inflamed on the days I use this, which is why I've taken off a lippie. But I have yet to come across anything as effective so I'll continue to repurchase.

on 7/24/2014 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Skin: Oily-combination (My forehead is dry in the morning and then its oily as the day goes on.)
Colour: N/A

Overview: An at home microdermabrasion scrub. Microdermabrasion is like exfoliation, but it can help reduce fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, large pores, smooth coarse skin and remove pigmented spots/acne scars.

Packaging: For $52.00 CAD, you get a 75mL tube of the product. It is pricey for its size, but hey, it works.

Scent: This is one product that I can actually get the scent of, right off the bat. It smells like almond/soy milk, with a hint of wood (if you have ever been in a newly renovated house, you know what I'm talking about.) Smells super good :D

Texture: It is creamy, and you do not really feel the little gritty pieces until its on your skin.

On Skin: WOAHHHH. I was like this probably wouldn't have alot of exfoliating feels to it. Nope. It was like little tiny particles buffing away at my skin. It actually felt quite good, just do not apply as much pressure on your cheeks, and forehead as you would your nose (thats where all the bad stuff AKA blackheads, large pores are), as it is very fine and can actually irritate your skin if applied too hard. The package says you only need a little bit (It's either the size of a dime or a nickel, I forgot), and yeah you should listen to the package. It does not seem like alot, but when applied onto the face, it actually spreads evenly.

Additional: My skin was a little red after, but it is normal if you're using any exfoliators. It goes away after a while. Also, my cheeks were kinda tingly and slightly numb (like if someone slapped your face, you would feel this tingly numbness, but this one doesn't hurt ;) ) Another plus, my skincare absorbed SO quickly, I was amazed. After continuous use, I found that my skin was more even texture wise so that made the price all worth. It also did not break me out, and it was pretty gentle for my mom who has sensitive skin.

NOTE: Microdermabrasion is perfect for ice pick scars cause by acne. Ice pick scars are deep indents in the skin. I have one on my forehead, just above the middle of my two brows. It did not really bother me, but when I put on concealer, it would just not cover the redness. After using this product, I can positively say that my ice pick scar has almost turned back to normal; about 90% there. So I highly recommend this for my fellow ice pick scars family :D

Thank you for reading this review! Feel free to tell me what I'm missing to make my future reviews better! Have a nice day!