November 28, 2014 | 889 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(2011 reviews)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by jpando

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Benetint is one of my most beloved products. I have gone through countless numbers of bottles over the years - and that is really saying something because a bottle lasts FOREVER (like 1-2 years of daily use on cheeks and lips). Due to the longevity, this product is really cheap. I have also tried just about every cheek stain/rouge/cream/gel on the market and I always come back to this one.

I originally bought this as a blush - to replace a favorite discontinued product (Max Factor Rosewater Blush). As a blush, Benetint leaves the most beautiful natural flush, with a glowy sheerness that no powder blush can achieve (hence my obsession with cheek stains). It lasts longer than any other product I have found.

This is also my HG lip color, and I use it 99% of the time. It lasts basically all day (I don't touch up) and I cover it with lip balm or gloss or Chapstick or something to keep my lips moisturized. My lips are pigmented and lipsticks never look good on me Ever. I always come back to the MLBB sheer color of Benetint.

So how do I use it? It's a bit of a trick at first. You have to work fast - this dries like instantly. I have tried several techniques, but my favorite is to take the brush and circle it around the apple of one cheek and immediately use the other hand to rub it into y cheek area. I then do the other cheek. Sometimes I need 2 coats. Then I paint it on my lips, one swipe for upper and lower lips, then rub lips together. Easy peasy. Done. Like wearing no makeup at all.

Love this stuff!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by evanlami

This is an expensive stain but I really like it. I got lucky and got a trial size! I use it on my cheeks and also as a base for my lip color. It has impressive staying power. It has a faint flowery scent that I actually really enjoy. Unfortunately the regular size bottle is fairly expensive and it's not really my HG so I don't think I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Assandra

It smells nice and it last for a long time but I just don't like the packaging of it. I don't like how it is packaged like a nail polish and it was hard to get it to the details that I wanted. I had to use something else as a brush because it also feels so weird when I apply it on my lips that I can't stand it....I know I am picky but that is just higher standards when I need to spend $35 dollars on a lip tint. It last a long time so that is why I didn't care abut the price unlike other liquid lip tints that either smells like perfume or makes my lip so dry that it eventually cracks even though I did put lip moisturizer before applying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by yunitar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best yet worst product to me. It works really well as a cheek stain, it gives my NC35-NC40 skin a natural pinched color, it gives me a natural glow, it lasts quite long, and smelss so good. On my lips, it's completely drying though I put lip balm underneath, it tastes bitter, it needs a lot of layers to get the color I want.
I will never repurchase. It's not worth the money. I believe there are a lot of better products out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by SS100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always say I'd buy another bottle of Benetint, but never get around to doing it because there are so many like it already and in lower price points. However, I do think that Benetint has a certain shade of berry that is unique or difficult to match EXACTLY but when worn, people don't really go OH YOUR CHEEK STAIN ISNT BENETINT BECAUSE IT'S A BIT MORE BLUE. It's also not very spreadable/blendable but if you mix Benetint or any cheek stain with a wee bit moisturizer, it dries to a naturally flushed finish. If this is your kind of price point, this is a good buy because it lasts really long.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have wanted the Benetint for so long and I finally bought it! I got my bottle at Sephora for about $20 I think, I can't remember for sure, but it is so worth it.
I have been wearing this everyday for the past two weeks on my lips for just an all day color that I don't have to worry about touching up during school and then while at work. It really does stain your lips too! After about 5 hours though, I notice that it sometimes fades a bit but it does it very gracefully and I don't mind it at all because then I have a soft pink shade for the rest of the day. I use my fingers to apply this just because I have more control and I can blend it out better. Before I apply it, I make sure my lips are moisturized so the stain doesn't set into the cracks in my lips. Then I take the brush and swipe a bit on my bottom lip, blot my lips together once or twice, smooth the rest out with my finger and I am good to go! I sometimes put a touch of gloss on top but I love wearing it by itself as well.
I have never used a lip tint before but I am really happy with this one and I do want to try the other shades too. The Posietine looks very pretty so maybe when I go to get another Benetint, I'll get that one too.
The color looks vampy in the bottle but if you apply a little bit then it is just a nice soft pink/red color. But you can definitely layer this to get an even brighter red lip. I recommend this to girls who are constantly on the go, also if you are getting married and it will stay through the wedding and events after, and you won't have to worry about lipstick getting all over the place. And just everyone in general because it really does make the day less stressful if you don't have to worry about reapplying lipstick or gloss, it takes one thing off your schedule.
My mom is addicted to this now since I bought it and keeps raving about how it looks nice on me and also her. She doesn't wear much makeup and this is subtle enough to give her some color and she doesn't have to do a whole lot with it too. I don't think I will get through this bottle fast which makes me very happy since it is on the more pricey side, but I will for sure repurchase this. The bottle is plastic which makes me even more happy since I am prone to dropping things and imagine dropping this and having it go all over, that would be terrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by Em422

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this as a sample size in a benefit kit. I enjoyed everything in my kit except this product. It's a very pretty color don't get me wrong but it was very hard to blend into my face. Instead of a natural flushed look, it looked poorly blended and splotchy on my face. I truly don't understand the hype about this product. Anyone can make this product themselves. It's expensive for no reason. I don't see anything spectacular about it. I will not be purchasing it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by lelynator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

It gives me a nice, rosy finish and tint, but it is very overpriced an the packaging is not very brilliant. For that reason, I would not buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I returned this after using it three times because it was much too red for my already-ruddy rosacean, superpale, yellow-undertoned skin. You have to work very fast to blend it because it will leave spots on your cheeks in mere seconds. On my lips, it highlighted every flake and made me look like I had just eaten a red candle. Not the effect I'm ever going for. I'll try Posietint next to see if that works better for me....

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by vintjus

I don't know what people love about this product. First of all...it leaves some sort of stain if you don't rub it right away. Second, it doesn't look natural...way to red. I prefer the chacha tint or possie tint.

So, I say...its not worth the money at all.