January 29, 2015 | 1700 users online

Lotions/ Creams - L'Occitane - Almond - AMANDE Concentre De Lait Milk Concentrate Body Cream - Almond Line

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2015 7:13:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

This cream is light and silky and absorbs well. It does a decent job of moisturizing. However, I dislike the jar packaging and the price. I also dislike the scent. It's not almond, but more of a floral-almond. Caswell Massey's almond aloe is far superior if you are looking for a true almond scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2015 2:28:00 AM More reviews by trematoda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is something that you would buy as a treat for yourself or someone gave you as a gift. Because it is indeed very expensive.

But other than the price this body cream is very satisfactory for me.

1. Texture
The cream itself is more like custard, as between the texture between gel and cream I would say. It's really smooth, not greasy and absorbed really well for my skin. I use it after shower, I found it to be the best time to use this product as it moisturize very nicely.

2. Scent
L'Occitane's products are famous with the soothing and unique smell. The body cream doesn't have a strong scent to it, not too almondy, it smells like a mixture of sweet vanilla, subtly floral and a hint of almond. If you are very repulsive to the smell of almond, be sure to ask for a sample or go to the shop to smell it before purchasing. Most people like the smell but I can't be sure if anyone dislikes it.
The scent hardly contradict with other fragrances, as the smell is not very strong.

3. Function
This body cream can moisturize your skin really well, I have sensitive skin and I found it to be a subtle kind of body cream that really sooth my skin after a nice shower. It makes your skin feel soft and smooth after using it.

I do feel like this is a treat to use around once a week or two. The volume is okay for a body cream but the price does not make me feel like buying it for the second time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by zgreatscot

L'occitane has created an incredibly hydrating body moisturiser in a jar with the texture of a fast absorbing lotion. It's silky, rich and light in feel at the same time. The light, almost whipped, texture is pure joy to apply, and your skin just drinks it up and you're left with a soft, comfortable, lightly scented finish. This body cream is more watery than oily or waxy, but with just enough oil content to lock in hydration. Think of it as a well formulated face moisturiser marketed for body use.

I don't begrudge the jar packaging, because it makes it ever so easy to scoop out the product, and unlike lotion or pump bottles, you can use up every last drop. No doubt, you'll be wanting to reach for this all the time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by JALT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried a sample this morning and just HAD to purchase the full size immediately--L'Occitance has an online special with the full-sized lotion and shower oil for $45, which is a great deal considering the lotion is $49 by itself. I don't use lotion every day because I don't have the patience to wait for it to absorb (no matter how light it is), so this will last me a long time.
The smell is amazing! To me it smells like sweet almond milk and honey. It's a light scent that isn't overpowering. My skin feels very smooth, the smell is still lingering, and this product makes me want to be more consistent about using lotion on my dry legs.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by happyathome

I keep this on my vanity table because the jar is just so darned pretty. I open it up and slather a decent amount on my hands and any dry spots. In these times I am treated to a sugary vanilla-like ribbons with hints of sweet marachino cherry.
There are two products from the Almond line that do not leave too strong of a residual smell and this is one, the other being the shower oil. Comparing this moisturiser to the hand cream, it is much lighter and silkier. The scent is not as heady and as alluded to, wouldn't attack ones senses. Normal to dry skin remains perfectly balanced throughout the day. With regular treatment this cream can even soothe the dryest of woes in the winter, which makes it an excellent choice over drugstore creams any day. The texture is unbeatable and once used, mystery of its cost is taken away. If I do not receive another one of these as a gift I could see myself buying for moi.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by eliselotus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product! I use it in the summer months when my skin is not particularly dry. The texture is smooth and light. Easily absorbed into the skin. The scent is wonderful. The only downside is that the cream isn't very rich, so the moisture only lasts for few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by AmosJay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this lotion! My absolutely favorite splurge lotion! Smell is amazing. I wish L'occitane still made the fragrance that went along with their almond line. I was able to scoop up a few bottles on ebay a few years ago. But I have been about to find anymore :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I completely agree with the other reviews that say this is a fantastic splurge body cream. It moisturizes well but I need an extra body oil to make it really last and bring out the richness of the cream.
I love using it on my legs after shaving, and all over after a long weekend shower. It smells fantastic, sweet almond but not too sugary and the scent lingers for a while after application.
I can't say much about the firming qualities but this is still a wonderful cream in a lovely package. Yes, it's expensive, but I use it sparingly and it's completely worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

This cream smells divine. Ridiculously expensive - right now I am simply sparingly using the 15 or so samples I received from a generous saleslady at L'Occitane. But I believe that one day, when I run out of the samples, I will splurge and buy this. My skin smells soft and sweet for up to 12 hours after I wear this, and it spreads on very easily, absorbing quickly in the skin. I wish it was slightly more rich - something I would expect for a product of that price. The pot is beautiful however - it looks old-fashioned and authentic. Overall, great product for the women that can afford it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I´m a bit torn about whether I would repurchase. I had two samples and it really is a nice treat for the skin. It has a wonderful, melting consistency, a very pleasant, subtle scent, it hydrates nicely and it even claims to firm the skin. The only turn off for me is the price - just too high for a body product that I use everyday, and - let´s admit it: it doesn´t work miracles, no matter how luxurious it feels. But yes - I liked it a lot and maybe someone could give it as a present to me for christmas?! That would be great :-)