October 24, 2014 | 1877 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by AimeeVbear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EVOO works great on hair but not my skin. It helped control oil for a day and then my skin just go so dry afterwards cuz it thought it produced enough oil due to the evoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great for very very dry patches on your face! Let me start on how my oily skin has got so dry! I have been using my benzoyl peroxide very often and applying a lot each application, as you can see - a disaster waiting to happen! (Please don't let this stop you getting benzoyl peroxide!) Then one day I woke up with a very dry, flaky face. Every time I applied something moisturizing (I use my HG oil control day cream) but that wasn't moisturizing enough and it was burning, (my face was already burning!) I found some Clarins, Kyoku, Clinique, and Chanel moisturizer samples which were burning me more ! I was desperate for it to go ASAP! I tried to use aloe Vera and it just made my face feel tight, burn and didn't help except soothe the area... Then I came across EVOO. I was hesitant about breaking out but that wasn't my main priority. I applied about a tablespoon to the affected area and dry flaky parts on my face. After application, I immediately felt the burning stop, soothed, and moisturized. I went to sleep after and when I woke up, my face was much less irritated, less red, no burning and was much more moisturized overall! I think this is amazing for this sort of thing! Don't be afraid to use it if you have oily skin, I've used it and I haven't had a break out yet! So if this has happened to you, use EVOO immediately! Thank you EVOO!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by jillfoshizzle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This made me break out, I definitely don't suggest it to anyone with oily or acne prone skin. Also feels gross.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Clareo

I am acne-prone, struggled with persistent mild, sometimes moderate in places acne for nearly a decade now. My skin now that I'm 29 has become dry in parts (eyes), but remains oily in others. I typically break out on my cheeks, chin/jaw, and forehead. While trying to decide what product to try next (there have been a lot), I tried using EVOO (legit California) as my sole makeup remover and moisturizer, with some bizarre logic that it would work and heal my skin due to my significant mediterranean heritage. Well, it did. I warm it up between my fingers and rub to take off makeup, then use a hot (not too hot) washcloth to wipe off the oil and dissolved makeup. A couple of rinse and repeats with the wet cloth, then use a little oil to moisturize trouble spots. My skin is not breaking out and is looking much healthier. I'm hoping I don't break out a few weeks from now.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by kathyjongg

Love this to take off eye makeup. Better than a lot of eye makeup removers brand I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by ashleynmlw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

A must have for my skin now! I tried Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Coconut Oil but nothing makes my skin feel the way a Extra Virgin Olive Oil does! I use it whilst still damp and it sinks into the skin and doesn't leave the greasy and my skin is getting even and no more dry patches. (knees, elbows etc)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 9:31:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

My skin oily skin HATES oils.
This was no exception.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by topNOTCH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Im reviewing the kirkland brand EVOO and love it! I use it to remove waterproof mascara and it literally just melts off. Best waterproof makeup remover I've ever used! Just pour a tiny bit on your fingers and gently rub around the eye area then follow up with a cleanser to remove the rest of the oil. This also does an amazing job at removing foundation and BB cream. The kirkland EVOO is also rated as one of the few to pass the extra virgin purity test. you can read more about it here: http://www.crunchybetty.com/when-your-extra-virgin-olive-oil-isnt-so-wholesome

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by darkthorn

I love using EVOO for everything. Scrubbing my body and face, doing treatment mask, soaking my nails with it, slathering it all over my body, moisturizig my lips, removing my makeup, EVOO is an affordable choice to do all of those things. As a college student, I don't want to waste my money on insignificant things. I left my EVOO back in my hometown and was reluctant whether to buy another EVOO as I already have body scrub, night cream, body lotion, makeup remover, etc. I figured that EVOO would be an investment if I run out all products I have mentioned before. The night after I bought my new EVOO, I removed my makeup with it. After that, I cleansed my face with a Biore cleanser, after it dried, I sprayed my face with Evian spray. While it was still wet, I put three drops of EVOO because I was afraid that it would make me breakout if I put in too much. I slathered my face and neck with it, massaging the oil until it absorbed into my skin. I also put them over my lash line and massaged it a bit. After that, I sprayed my Evian spray again and gave one drop of Dettol disinfectant liquid to a cotton pad as spot treatment (it's crazy, I know). While I slept, I tried to minimize the contact between my face and pillow and blanket to ward off potential germ or bacteria.
The morning I wake up, I was surprised to find that my forehead isn't dry anymore, my face looks supple, my pores are almost invisible and my zits are getting smaller. I think that it is because of the combination of the products I used the night before, but I am definitely thrilled to find that EVOO doesn't break me out despite people saying that it might give horrendous zits to acne-prone people. Not to mention the multiple use of it, I don't think that I am going to stop using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I credit my beautiful, healthy cuticles to the wonders of this stuff. My mother has severe eczema and uses olive oil to keep them from being painful. If she dabs some olive oil on her fingers at least once a day her cuticles are left looking so smooth and healthy, and she has sensitive skin so she appreciated that it never stings and soaks in fast. I even use this as a lip treatment if my lips are cracking, or a hair mask a few times a month.

Definitely not the most convenient because you can't really touch anything while your hands are oily but in about five to ten minutes they will have soaked up the oil and I can continue on with my day. I keep a nail polish bottle full of this(and a few drops of vitamin E) and I get compliments on my nails & hands all the time.

If I really want a good, moisturizing treatment I'll drench my hands in this and rub them over the sink until almost all of it has sunken in. If there's residue, a paper towel will do fine. You really don't need any fancy brand names. Great for hair, lips, cuticles and hands. Really natural and has only a mild smell. I will always swear by EVOO!