LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.2

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

This stuff rocks your cuticles and leaves them soooo soft.

It smells a little like cleaning product but I'll level with you, I love that smell. I would still probably prefer it if it didn't have a scent, generally I prefer unscented stuff.

Only complaint is that the package is too big - this stuff lasts FOREVER. (As if that's a real complaint?) I had one jar that lasted me for 2 years, I just got tired of it after being gifted a Seacret cuticle oil and still had half of it left. I used it religiously during those two years. I paint my nails twice a week and use cuticle oil/butter 3-7 times per week.

It works slightly better than the Seacret cuticle oil, as I still get hangnails with the oil every once in a while and didn't with lemony flutter.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One of the most disappointing Lush products, to me. The lemon smell reminds me of some sort of cleaning product, and the texture seems a bit odd to me. It takes a long time for it to sink into the skin, and in the mean time it's not only greasy but also a bit sticky. The best use of it I actually found to be to apply it to my winter chapped lips before bed, but then I had to suffer through the awful scent/taste. I'm a strong Lush advocate usually, but I'd recommend using sesame oil on your cuticles over this any day. Better result, better smell.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This little thing is the salvation for my dry cuticles. A little bit and I'm good for hours.

It's a bit pricey but I'm using for the past two months at least three times a day (only in my cuticles) and it's still pretty much full.

The only thing I don't like is the smell, it's an awful strong lemon smell, reminds me of cleaning products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE the scent of this cream! It was my "gateway drug" into Lush products and I haven't looked back...

I use the cream on my feet when they need a little TLC and this tiny tub goes a LONG way! I rub the cream in (it's quite oily) and put on a pair of cotton socks. By morning, my feet are soft and smooth.

If I do put it on my cuticles, I need to wait for 5 to 10 minutes before touching anything as it does take a while to sink in.

I often find myself opening the tub to take a sniff :)

I'm not sure how I feel about this product. I am a die hard LUSH fan, love what they stand for, how nice the employees are, and the ingredients. But I got this one as a sample size just to try before buying the real deal.. It smells like lemon (duh) but an artificial lemon (same as other reviews are saying). It wasn't too greasy unless I applied too much. My problem is when I first started using the product it worked AMAZING my nails were getting stronger, growing, and actually moisturized. I no longer had any hang nails or cracking cuticles. A week or two later I started seeing the yellowish color turn a blue/green color. then BOOM, my nails started cracking and peeling. I scooped out the little bit of product left and noticed the color was changing because the little black plastic container was running the black dye into the product. When I asked they said it could just be the tester pot as it doesn't happen in the regular pot. I'm a little hesitant but I'll try it again and see from there. I'll update my review with results.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product honestly doesn't do much for my cuticles, but it's really does strengthen my nails like no other. I put this on at night and my nails are just so much stronger the next morning. It sinks in quite quickly and doesn't leave my nails greasy. The smell isn't that heavy for me and does smell a little artificial but I use it at night so it doesn't really bother me. I would recommend this only if you have weak nails and want to strengthen them, not if you want to nourish your cuticles.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I got two sample pots of this from when I got things from lush before. Considering I'm a nail blogger and my cuticles and such take a beating from swatching, I tried it considering I've heard rave reviews from other bloggers.
Pros:
-Super moisturizing (perfect my cuticles any time of the day)
-Absorbs fairly quickly
-No greasy residue
-Little bit goes a long way

Cons:
-Expensive ($16 or so for the full-size)
-Can be greasy before it sinks in

I have to agree with everyone, I love this stuff. I use it other places I get super dry skin too and it works wonders. When I use up my samples, I may just take the plunge and get the full-size.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I picked this up because I saw one of the reviews mention that they used it in the winter for dry skin. I don't use this as a cuticle cream, but rather on my cheeks (on my face :P). During the winter, it can get pretty cold with wind chill and my face gets quite dry. No amount of moisturizer can help with my dry, blotchy cheeks and chin. This is the only thing that works. If you're prone to breakouts, I won't recommend using it on your face. But if you're at your wit's end trying to find something to fix your skin I'd recommend applying a thin layer right before bed for a few days until corrected.

What can I say? This product is my secret weapon. I use it absolutely everywhere on my body where heavy duty moisturising is called for! Lips, feet, hands...I even once used as an eye cream when I was feeling extra dry around the eyes while on holiday. Suffice it to say I do not leave home without this product. I suffer occasional bouts of angular cheleitis and since using this on my lips I haven't had any flare ups. Highly recommended and it lasts for ages as you only need a drop at a time.

A nice little product, this stuff is really great for cuticles and hands. It is a little greasy, so I apply it before bed so it doesn't get in the way during the day. Smells good too :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials