April 19, 2014 | 1860 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by omeleko

I got lucky and found a jar of this stuff sealed and in my color at the thrift store for .99 cents! I figured I'd give it a try. I am obsessed with it! The coverage is perfect as is the color, I have a lot of yellow undertones and it's so hard for me to find a makeup that is yellow enough, most are too pink. I use a sigma F80 flat top brush to buff the powder in. I find that if your skin is a little on the combo/oily side it will work best. If you have dry skin I think you may get a more patchy un-natural look. I only use this in the summer when my skin is more oily and as the day goes on it only seems to look better, going from a more powder to almost a cream/liquid look. It gives me a very natural, my-skin-but-better look. I would definitely purchase this at the full price when I run out. I use to use MAC fix+ powder, which I still love, but it so bad for your skin so I stopped using it. I haven't tried bare minerals yet, but I I love sheer cover so much that I'm not interested in trying anything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by iamjoesgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

SCAM SCAM SCAM- purchased makeup over the phone for 39.99, was no mention of it being a 3 month supply initially being sent. now wont cancel until I pay another $80.

If youre honest that's one thing but if you don't tell people up front what your charging and sending, its deceit, i.e. a SCAM

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by SmokinBetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OK, first off, I do not work for Sheercover. I am just a normal 46 year old woman who has in my 30+ years of wearing make up done the leg work when it comes to trying many types of foundation and spending from a few quid on foundation right up to the hundred quid mark. I like this stuff, I have been using it on and off for the past 10 years. I am not loyal to any one brand in particular, but I seem to find myself coming back to this over and over again. As you age your skin changes and you can no longer wear the same foundation that maybe you once used in your teens or twenties or maybe even thirties! This stuff suits my skin at this stage in life, maybe that will change. I get good coverage, not too heavy or cakey looking which is always my biggest fear, esp in daylight. This passes that test although you do have to use their moisturizer with it and it's over priced in my opinion. It is quick and easy to apply and is buildable. I always set mine with a mineral spray mist to take the powder look off quicker as well. All in all I give this 4 lippies, mainly because of the price. I have also tried Bare Minerals and I find Sheercover to be the superior product. I love mineral foundation or baked foundation, Laura Geller does fab baked foundation. I have not used a liquid foundation in 10 years, I recommend a mineral powder.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by thetwins22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sucha rip off! the intro package is 39.99 but futre shipment will be $43.95 X3 for 1 month supply. it is so average ..dont buy into ths scam and dollar store makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Priyasingh

Honestly for anybody who is not blessed with a skin like mine this makeup kit is a blessing is disguise. I been a fan of sheer cover for ever since I remember. After i exhausted my previous kit which lasted me approximately for two year, Ive got myself this new kit that is even better. What I love the most about the set is that it is wholesome. You donít need to buy anything else once you have this set. You get everything in this set from mineral powder to concealer, to concealer brush to brushes to moisturiser and SPF and if that wasnt enough a DVD to guide you better. Then to top it all it comes in a slick bag that is convenient and fun to carry around. The reason, Ive always trusted Sheer Cover is because of the quality assurance that comes with it. In my 30 plus years of using make up this has been the best thing that has happened to me. Most concealers or powders have a tendency to get really sticky and feel all gooey over the skin. You can literally feel your pores getting choked inside the skin. Sheer Cover probably because its made using only natural ingredients dont cake on your face at all. They blend in with the skin like it is a part of it. And the results. I dont need to say more about it, the fact Ive used it for so long I dont need to explain just how I feel about it. I would also like to add that Ive also interacted with the customer service of Sheer Cover fro enquiry reasons and I simply loved the way they presented themselves, so thumbs up to that as well!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Honestly, this is no different to any other mineral powder out there. In fact, I'd say it's sub-par compared to a brand like Lily Lolo or even Bare Minerals which don't look anywhere near as patchy on my skin. Don't get sucked in by all the glowing reviews here - they're obviously written by people who work for the company since this is the only product they've all left reviews for! (Why do these employees never learn?)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Janedela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST. MINERAL. POWDER. EVER. I'm a huge makeup junkie and I've tried almost every kind of foundation out there. I used to use liquid before, but I found that most of them oxidize and turn orangy.. And never really match my skin tone. Eventually I tried bare minerals powder but I found that it stuck to my dry spots and didn't stay on my face all day. This year, I tried sheer cover and honestly it's my holiest of holy grails!!!!! This foundation really works with the natural oils of your skin, so it stays on all day and looks natural. It also matches my skin tone perfectly.. No more orange tinge! I also love the fact that It's super easy to blend and has full coverage. I don't have any acne, but my face is blotchy, dry in some areas and a bit oily in my t-zone and this foundation works wonders in making my skin tone even/not cakey or drying. I would definitely recommend using the "smoothing primer" from proactiv after moisturizing and before applying the powder, because it gives that extra smooth base. Overall the best foundation I have ever used, I'll never go back to a liquid or use any other powder, EVER! By the way, I would suggest buying it from the proactiv kiosks instead of ordering it online, to prevent continuous autoshipping. Every proactiv kiosk has sheer cover! BUY IT.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by kattmua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

tried this along with tens of other foundations and it clogs my pores with daily use...

you know what..
lets celebrate the skin we're in for a change!

unless for a special occasion, I've been challenging myself to go foundation free

I've been doing this for a year now, benefits I experienced:

-existing blemishes can 'breathe' as not aggravated by foundation therefore disappeared quicker
-potential blemishes from chronic foundation wearing were prevented

- when I started going without after a few weeks not one person said I looked 'unwell' or 'different' and on the rare occasion I did wear foundation I got more compliments

-made me more conscientious of long term internal skin care e.g. water, supplements, diet
-saved a little money and time

thumbs up if you're joining me- even 4 a day!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by khushiraj546

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a very oily skin which tends to get affected with acne and pimples when I use any chemical based make up products. This is the reason I always use natural make up products. I had heard a lot about Sheer Cover and the amazing make up products it offers. So, I checked out Sheer Covers online store and browsed through the variety of products they have listed. I found that mineral make up was ideal for my needs and so I ordered this product from their site. Apart from the fact that it is fully natural make up, it was also priced at a very affordable rate. I found this quite surprising as I though that such natural products are very expensive. They delivered my mineral make up kit in some days at my doorstep. They had nicely packed the product in a tamper-proof pack which didnt get damaged during transportation. It has been a few months since I started applying Sheer Cover mineral make up which gives me the perfect complexion. The fact that it has natural ingredients make it safe to use. I love mineral make up and I will soon be trying out Sheer Covers other products as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

Ive had this for quite a while now. I use a sigma powder brush to apply it. And I need lots of coverage. But this covers all my acne marks, discoloration, hyper pigmentation EFFORTLESSLY. Love it soo much. It blends in my skin so well, almost like if it melted. Got so much complement on it. And it lasts for a long time too! Very happy with this product.:)