TRESemme Instant Heat Tamer Spray

4.1

Water, Amodimethicon , Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin

This heat protectant isn't bad but I don't have anything to compare it to. I like the smell but I have found that maybe that have reformulated this because it smells a bit different but still nice.

If I am using a blow dryer, I found that this cuts the blow drying time in half and leaves my hair pretty soft and silky.

If I am using a straightener or curling iron, I wouldn't be able to tell you if this particular product works.

I spray this throughout my hair before using my flat iron. It reduces frizz that I usually get after styling and it keeps my hair like that all day. If I blow dry my hair,I use it along with the Tresemme thermal creations mousse for twice the heat protection and some volume as well

I've tried this product before and took a break from it - but I think my earlier issue (and why I stopped using it) had to do with how much product I was using in my hair - not the product itself. I used this today before blow drying my hair - but only sprayed a bit through out (it sprays really well) and my hair was bouncy and great and held curl all day. I think if you do plan to use this, be careful not to spray too much in your hair, it can make it weighed down.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Hands down the best thermal heat protectant spray I've ever used. It doesn't feel sticky or heavy at all, yet leaves my hair silky smooth and works well on damp or dry hair. And it smells really good, I love it!
*Update: So I've been using this heat protectant spray for a couple of months now since I wrote this positive review, and now unfortunately I've changed my opinion. My hair looks really crispy and fried, and I've actually reduced the amount of times that I straighten my hair, I only do it once every couple of weeks, but my hair looks more damaged than ever before! The only reason I can see is this heat spray isn't doing its job! So I now only give it 2 lippies, sorry! :(

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS HEAT PROTECTANT!!!!!
I have very curly hair and it definitely helps to tame my curl. Before using, I would be able to see the heat damage on my hair once I was done blow drying. Now I don't see any at all. It also helps my style to last. Before use, my hair would stay straight for maybe a day if I was lucky. Now, I can get at the very least, maybe 3 days out of it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

My hair is coarse (think fishing line) and silver and requires some straightening after blowdrying to make it behave. I spray this on the area to be straightened, straighten it, and I'm done. I know it sounds abusive, but my hair can take it. The one thing I don't like about this product is the smell. Somewhat like garbage. Not like rotting food, but there's a faint garbage-y scent. Kind of like the bathroom wastebasket should have been emptied a week ago. It's a great product except for the smell. It fades a bit but doesn't entirely go away.

I used to looove this stuff, and would spray it on my hair and clothes all the time just to make them smell fresher. I would also of course use it for its intended purpose but I used it for its scent more than anything else. That's because I can't say I ever saw much difference with heat styling.

A couple of months ago I ran out and went to walgreens to get a new bottle - lo and behold the smell and consistency has changed completely to this nasty sticky alcohol-y hairspray stuff. It's actually the exact smell of tresemme's hairspray if you've ever used that. Personally, I threw out the bottles of their hairspray that I bought previously because of that nauseating, permeating smell (it also made my hair super stiff). Imagine my disappointment that they've changed the heat tamer spray to that. I will have to find a new product to replace it. Shame.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was skeptical of this product because of the cheap price, being let down by Tresemme before, and the product sprays out very light. How could this protect my hair?

It worked beautifully, and best of all, my bangs were not greasy. This product works because it contains ingredients that have been proven through research to protect hair from heat. The ingredients are: glycerin, proplyene glycol, and cetrimonium chloride. I did some further research on what ingredients make a good heat protectant, and this is what I found out:

According to thebeautybrains.com, blow drying hair is extra damaging because it removes water on the surface and from deeper inside the hair strand, which causes hair to become brittle. Products containing glycerin & propylene glycol can slow this water evaporation. They say the ingredient, hydrolyzed wheat protein polysiloxane copolymer, was shown to reduce hair cracking. A low-molecular weight conditioning agent, Cetrimonium chloride is helpful to protect hair from flat ironing, and was found to actually strengthen the hair when heat was applied. The science-yhairblog also reported that polysiloxane copolymer, P/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, & Polyquaternium-55 protected hair from heat.

Interestingly, dimethicones used alone were not found to protect hair from heat damage.
This is news to me! I assumed my serums filled with all kinds of cones were protecting my hair, and was surprised to find out it is these particular humectant and conditioning agents that do the work. The main ingredients I will look for in heat protectant products will be glycerin, propylene glycol, & cetrimonium chloride. The heat tamer spray has all three!

I have the gvp version of Paul Mitchell’s skinny serum, and the one n’ only argan oil spray treatment—a lot of people who do reviews here say they use these products as heat protectants. Alone these help fight frizz, but if I flat iron my hair seems dry, and now I know why! The silicones need to be in a product with these conditioning agents and humectants.

I have pretty frizzy, unmanageable hair that requires regular keratin treatments at hair salons to be maintained with minimal effort. However, keratin treatments are really expensive and I got tired of paying for them so I decided to try various hair products instead. I spray this on towel dried hair and blow it till it's just slightly wet. I spray a little more on and apply some anti frizz serum before proceeding to style my hair. AND IT WORKS. It makes my hair soft and smooth, the difference is noticeable when I simply blow my hair and run my fingers through my hair. Bonus points for its nice fruity scent as well.

Highly recommend this. I wish I found it sooner!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

A product I can only claim to use as insurance. Probably more psychological. Have not noticed measured effects on hair before-after, but then these things are possibly more molecular anyway (???) Will continue to use.

Popular Styling Products