August 29, 2014 | 1283 users online

Gels/Soaps - Caress - Daily Silkening bar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This and Dove are the only two bar soaps I use. Never dries out my skin and smells so good. Whenever these are in the larger packs and on sale, I stock up big time. Anything Caress is great, but this particular scent is divine!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by walker328

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Caress for as long as I can remember - probably since the mid-80s. My grandmother used it and she was very elegant and fancy and I always thought she was so beautiful. It's the only bar soap I use - I love the scent still, after all these years. Doesn't dry my skin and leaves a nice light clean scent. (I'm referring to the original scent)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by lanyc

Good Basic soap.
I use it just for the smell (heavenly!)
I only use this in the shower. After rinsing off, it can be a bit drying for the skin. I HAVE to use lotion after cleansing with this soap.

It contains sulfates, so its a bit drying.
For that reason alone I don't use it on my face.

Its a tiny bar that you get. The price isn't bad. I usually buy the packs where you get 4 soaps in one. It doesn't last very long though (compared to Yardley soap and Shea Moisture soaps, and these soaps i use for body, and face)

Love this for the scent. My go to summer soap :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by gen666

My review is for the caress silk bar in white peach and silky orange blossom. This is the bar soap i use for both my face and body. I even prefer this over dove! I would normally wash my face in the morning with this and in the night use my noxema anti blemish scrub, and my face feels great overall, much better than it has been the past months. So happy with this simple soap! Does not clog my pores or make me breakout. My skin is silky and smooth. Feelin' groovy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by makeupmehappy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

One of those great, tried and true basics that won't let you down. Super-rich, bubbly lather, leaves my skin feeling clean and soft. Great for shaving. And the scent. It's just heavenly. The essence of pure, clean femininity. And it's dirt cheap if you purchase in a Costco multipack. If you remember this fondly from your youth or you've never tried but wanted to, you won't be sorry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by AnnevieC

This product is amazing. I'm from the Philippines, which is a tropical country. We only have two seasons- summer and rainy... Our skin doesn't actually require heavily moisturized soaps since it tend to make our skin oily especially during the summer. A lot of people here shy away from this kinds of soap because it is one of those that seem to cling on the skin no matter how much we wash it off... But a lot of you might be surprised because I have been using this product since I was 16yrs old- (I'm 30yrs old now)..never left the Phils., and until now, I still get a lot of compliments from people telling me I have great skin--glowing and so fair! I dont know how but it made my skin really lovely! I also have friends who tried using this and somehow after using it for awhile their morena skin became lighter. So Im never ever gonna use another product even if it is a bit costly here 95php (2.15$)/ bar! It smells really good too and it stays on the skin for hours!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Aijamal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

my fav soap, smells good, makes your skin so soft, love it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by raven4575

My favorite soap! I love the smell and it doesn't dry out my skin! Unfortunately, they stopped selling it here in Canada so I have to stock up on it when I go to the States.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This soap is dear to my heart. My mom gave me my first bar in the 70's when I was visiting her in my home state. I have loved it ever since. She didn't have any money but she had a sharp eye for the finer things in life and taught me about beauty on a shoestring. My mom passed away suddenly this year. Whenever I smell Caress, (the fragrance is along the same lines as the original Chloe by Lagerfeld) it is like she is here with me. Unfortunately Caress has not been sold here in years. I make sure to stock up when I go to the US.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! And the scent is so nostalgic for me too. My mom bought this when I was a teen. I love the creamy lather this produces and my skin is left clean but soft. I wish caress made a matching body spray. A bar at Walgreens cost me less than two dollars. I also don't break out so that's a plus. I will have to try the regular body wash soon to see how well that does on my skin. So far this soap bar is great.