Givenchy Mister Light

4.2

on 1/23/2015 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

It worked fine but it's way overpriced and I can get something just as good for cheaper elsewhere. But if you have money growing on trees, by all means, knock your little self out.

on 1/14/2015 11:16:00 PM

This is my HG concealer. I have repurchased 4 times. The best I've ever tried. Beautiful light coverage and brings the well-rested look back to my face. The only downside is the packaging. I wish they would improve upon it.

on 12/4/2014 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I just discovered this illuminator/concealer, I have always like the concept of YSL's Touche Eclat and bought when it first cam out well over 20 years ago, but it has no longevity and disappears rather quickly on me. Well I was at Sephora on Sunday and tried the the Meringue shade and voila I found my magic, it did a lovely job as a concealer but it really enhanced and opened my face as a highlighter at at my age it did such a lovely job of brightening and enhancing my cheekbones.

on 8/21/2014 6:41:00 AM

This provides a heavier coverage then I am used too say with the Dior pen or YSL one.
So if that is what your looking for this might be for you, but it was drying on my eye area and made me look older...Noooooooooo!!!

on 2/19/2014 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been trying tons of different products in a desperate attempt to cover recent changes to my eye area and deepening eye-hollows and darkness. There are things I love and hate about this product. I found this from Kenneth Soh's makeup blog, he's a well known MUA, and this is one of his favorite products. He's using this for professional work, so that means it's photogenic, which I like. It also is a beautiful formula and can be layered to increase opacity-most eye brightening pens can't do that. I think this is one of the best under-eye pens on the market, because of how natural it looks along with the thickness and ok coverage, however, it was still not enough coverage for me. I would recommend this for people who don't really have issues with the under-eye circles but just want to add some lift and a finished look to their eye-makeup. The formula is truly beautiful though, so you can use this pretty expertly for different areas. OR for those who have only darkness but not deep-set/hollow under eye area. I, however, didn't really find it helping me with my eye area, even layering it under my other concealers didn't really help because this one was a bit thick and made my concealers look cakey. Maybe a few years ago I would've liked using this when I had decently bad circles but not very hollow at the time-- so I think my eye area is just too problematic now. This is really about a 4 star product, but I gave it 3 since it lasted me about 2 months and I BARELY touched the thing! I've never ran out of a product so quickly, crazy. Keep this in mind if you are on the fence and usually need a LOT of coverage. Don't think I'd repurchase.

***Shade 2 Mister Milk was a good match for me (NC 20-25)

on 2/1/2014 9:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I'm basing this off of a sample packet I got from Sephora, so I can't really speak to the packaging or the applicator. It applied beautifully with a brush and looked nice when I left the house, but after about two hours, the coverage had more or less faded… and left behind what looked like glitter.

There was some settling into my fine lines, but this wasn't nearly as bad as what I experience with some other concealers. I'd say the sparkle was probably my biggest issue, especially given the fact that the remaining coverage was sparse.

on 1/9/2014 2:41:00 PM

I adore this concealer! For me in my 30's this is one of the best products I own for my eyes because it works so well. I don't get dark circles per se but I don't get sleep and it totally shows. With this pen it's like sleep in a tube! I apply it under my eyes around my nose, smile lines, and cupids bow. It illuminates and conceals and in my opinion I do not get the glitter comments at all. I put this on in direct sunlight and I see no glitter. I think it's a nit picky thing because a little shimmer in my mind does not equal glitter. Anyway, I think this is a stellar product and I also love using it on my nose and above my eye brows. It's a very universal pen. Plus, it has so many colours to provide what you are looking for.

I have this in Mister Merengue and I am an NW20,N1,Mufe 36 , blonde hair, and green eyes for reference. This shade is perfect for me I also have samples in Mister Macaroon to try so who knows I might get another;) Otherwise I really think ladies should try this because it gives you that yes, I did get sleep look. I used it under my sisters dark circles and she was a skeptic she's like yea right what can this do. Then she looked in the mirror and was like omg I have to have this.

I have also tried the YSL pen and price wise this one is great for me and I like the illumination better with Mister Light Verse YSL's illuminating pen for me the Givenchy does a nicer job or gives me what I am looking for in these types of products.
The formula blends beautifully is very light and a little goes a long way. I really love this little gem! it is HG to me. Totally Recommended!

on 12/11/2013 1:44:00 AM

Amazing!!!! Best concealer I've ever tried down side is it's expensive and there isn't much concealer in the package so I went threw mine in about 2 months

on 11/26/2013 2:17:00 PM

This would be such a spectacular HG concealer for my mild dark circles if not for the straight up sparkles. It is not subtle iridescence, it is not mica, it is glitter particles you can tweeze from your skin. The texture is moussey and absorbant, the dry down is satin, not crepey, the pigmentation fully covers my mild to medium circles, so I am very bummed I had to return due to the glitter. I am shade 5, Biscuit, in this concealer, and am a MAC C4/NC30, light neutral tan Asian gal. It was truly perfect in every way, especially in the store, lol, but once I got outdoors and then at my desk, I saw the sparkles! Couldn't deal and returned.

on 11/2/2013 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25, starting to get dark circles.

Deal breaker for me is the subtle shimmer particles.. honestly in the past few weeks I never noticed until comparing swatches today on my hand with my other concealers/brighteners.. so I won't say they are obvious at all, but I've been wearing it off/on, and I didn't notice anything magical.. so if I had to pick a disqualifer, I'd say sparkles (imperceptible as it may be) takes this product out of the running.

Comparisons to other click pens:
1. Clinique Airbrush Concealer 04 Neutral fair - yellow