July 29, 2014 | 905 users online

Eyeliner - Kanebo - KATE super sharp liner

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by yunisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this as a second hand product for $5. Reason being I have lots of eyeliners which DID NOT work for me. It either smudges after 3 hours or fades. I have tapered double eyelids (pls google for references) which makes it worse. Bought this from another user, experimented a few times but I feel conflicted about it.

Pros:
+ felt tip liner (easier to line your eyes)
+ thin liner (good for precise application and line your eyes as thin as you can)
+ waterproof
+ smudgeproof
+ lasts all day (which took me by surprise since none of the eyeliners I used has ever done that) --> eyeliner still stayed as how I first applied after 8 hours. YES!

Cons:
- Difficult to remove!!!!! (had to use 2 diff makeup removers --> bourjois cleaning express wipes & bioderma cleansing water and the eyeliner still would NOT budge. I felt like I had raccoon eyes)

There you go, conflicted feelings about this. I wouldn't want an eyeliner that's too waterproof till you can't remove it at all. I would pass it on.

***EDIT***:
--> just realized that using warm water when cleansing your face will help in removing the eyeliner entirely. similarly, i still used both makeup removers, before cleansing my face w/ warm water. only then did the liner seemed to disappear. hope this helps!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by deliazamir

This is my second eyeliner buy and due for a review. I wear this liner every day and it is very easy to use though you must get the hang of it at first and suffer a few botched jobs in the beginning before you can create cat eyes like a pro. I have the oiliest lids ever and this liner just doesn't budge so staying power is incredible though let's be realistic - it will look flawless 6-8 hours, but at the 12 hour mark one must anticipate some smudging. It cleans off easily as well and I cannot agree with the reviewers who said that it doesn't remove easily. As for colour, please purchase BK-1 as that's black as midnight, I have bought if I'm not mistaken BK the first time and yep, that colour was faint. Win!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by angelia68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is easy to use as it has a felt tip but you need to apply a few times to get the black color you want as it is quite light. I had the first beautiful wing-lined eyes. The horror comes when I tried to remove them and you have to scrub like crazy with oil-based eye makeup remover for like 20 times before you can get rid of it. Scary! Never to us it again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this from someone who was visiting Japan.
I like it. It makes a nice sharp thin line. Also the brush doesn't separate.
I wish I could get another one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only liquid liner that stayed on my eyes without budging even without a primer. It's really waterproof and a tad difficult to remove even with Bioderma's remover. Any liquid liner that is actually waterproof for me, I'm sold. (Yes, I'm talking about you, K-palette. I'm disappointed) I live in Singapore, the weather is quite humid. It can withstand the humidity here, I'm good.

I love how air-tight the cap is, so the product does not dry out. I love the brush applicator because I can make the thinnest line and a thick line at ease. I have it in BK-1, the blackest black. It does apply on black for me, but I layer it to keep the intensity strong. I found layering my liquid liners will keep it budgeproof.

It is a great liquid liner for beginners because it's very easy to control, unlike the dip-kind of liquid liners. I found myself reaching for this liquid liner the most out of my stash, although I do rotate my liners on days just to finish them.

Definitely repurchase because the only liquid liner I liked so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by fsddfsdfs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Loved this. Doesn't dry out fast, pigmented, and actually waterproof.
I put this on right before an 11 hour flight came off, still on, it rained and didn't smudge. Pretty easy to take off for me, I used warm/hot water and it came off. Applicator is a bit spikey but it does become softer over time.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by raychel2661

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is good black color liquid eyeliner shade. Really pigmented. Only setback(s) is that it literally is super sharp on the eyelids so when your using it freakin hurts like a needle scrapping lightly against my skin! Also the last time I used, it stained my eyelids! I used an oil based waterproof eye makeup remover, cleansing wipe, shu uemura's cleansing oil, it wouldn't budge!!! So I was left with a blue-ish black eyeliner mark on both me lids for 3 days lol. At least I didn't look like a raccoon. Just someone who lined their eyes with a faded liner.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Takumi

This is my first liquid eyeliner and i found it very smudging and short lasting..i remember i cried while watching movie and after coming out from cinema hall my bf was telling me that my eyeliner was messy..immediately after that i found marjolica to replace it. Lol

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by carolinecaz

Bought this in BK-1 from Ebay (all up with p&h, it costed $AUD13.75). I have very oily skin and my lids are no exception! I've been looking for an eyeliner that allows me to draw thin lines for an everyday look and won't smudge for a very long time (I've tried Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel liner and although it's a great liner, it still smudged/transferred). Anyway, I am very happy with this buy, it's perfect for a natural everyday look! And for reference, I use this alone, without any eyelid primer.

Pros:
- super duper thin brush that keeps its shape
- Matte finish
- Buildable colour; 1 application comes out as a grey-black but you can get it to a true black with about 3 applications (it looks like calligraphy ink to me)
- Does not smudge (I even rubbed my eye and nothing happened!)
- Does not transfer to my lower lids
- Very travel/handbag friendly packaging design: the lid clicks shut (very securely) so you don't have to worry about it coming off and being destroyed in your bag. Also it's quite small compared to other liners, it's 11.5cm in length.
- Easy to remove with standard makeup remover.

Cons:
- Requires multiple applications to become a true black (which would be a con for most people, but I don't mind it because having this spectrum means I can achieve varying intensities)
- The intensity of the colour does wear off throughout the day, so you might want to apply if this would be something that bothers you
- The formula does feather a little into the creases of my skin, not extremely noticeable but the edges of your lines aren't as sharp towards the end of the day.

Overall: I think it's perfect for people new to liquid eyeliners because the buildable colour makes it hard to notice mistakes. It's perfect for people looking for a more 'natural' looking eyeliner that's subtle enough for everyday wear. AND it doesn't smudge/transfer (coming from someone who's got super oily skin)

EDIT: It fades and feathers throughout the day. I'm still not used to the brush. It's very hard to control because it's not stiff enough and perhaps a bit too fine so I actually have trouble feeling it on my lid.

I've since started using Dollywink's liquid liner and it is a dream compared to this. True black in one application and with primer, it doesn't smudge/transfer and I can actually control the brush. Tossed up between Dollywink and K-palette 24hr Tattoo but according to reviews Dollywink was a truer black. Very happy with this eyeliner, give the Kanebo one a miss and try Dollywink out!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by misseevie

This is a great little liquid eyeliner for its price. The brush is very sharp and easy to use, giving perfect crisp lines. My only criticism is that the formula is very watery so it bleeds easily. This is particularly annoying trying to line the inside corner of my eyelids - the line just bleeds no matter how clean, powdered and dry my eyelid is. I don't have oily or wrinkly eyelids and it still manages to bleed into teeny weeny lines in my skin. Great for its price but I'd rather pay more for the Shiseido equivalent which has a perfect bleed-free formula.