November 24, 2014 | 1588 users online

Scrubs - Burt's Bees - Citrus Facial Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Kayla3brwn

I love this product! I'm a HUGE fan of this brand and this product. This is a scrub that works well with my skin. It can be harsh if not used properly. You have to read the instructions and add a couple drops of water with the amount that you are applying to your face or it will be tough to work with your skin. I love the smell. It smells like pumpkin and nutmeg! The packaging is so cute although I have seen complaints on the glass jar, which you would have to be careful with but that doesn't bother me. The look of the scrub doesn't bother me, it looks organic but I could see how it would upset some customers. Overall this product is an amazing product and I recommend this to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by LyndseyZ

Love love love this stuff!! It exfoliates your face beautifully, and once you rinse; your skin is so smooth!! It doesn't leave me all red and irritated in the face like a lot of other products tend to. Overall this is a great buy!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This looks like some alien goo. It did nothing for the blackheads and was very sticky and grainy to apply. It has cloves and nutmeg and other skin irritants. Overall, did not feel like a clean scrub and was especially harsh for the face. Way overpriced too and the little tub looks unhygenic to re-use the product from.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Christi88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love love love this stuff !!! Its thick and you dont need much its not harsh kn your skin at all i have been using it for yrs and leaves my skin smooth and looking amazing!!! It even takes off my make up !! I will continue using this as long as i can!!! The only thing it comes in a glass jar which u have to dig in when its running super low other than that buy it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

"Natural" stuff does not work for me. I reviewed avalon cream and this cleanser is just as bad. First, my skin feels dirty after. Second, it's slimy. Like the scene in Ghostbusters where the green thing attacks Bill Murray and his face is covered in goop. Third, it's so freaking expensive for one tiny jar! I broke out. I felt nasty. Ok, I get that people want to be eco-friendly, but I'm sorry, I just can't handle this one. On a side note, the burts shampoos are bad too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by alexandrascar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this scrub. It's not too harsh or overly abrasive but manages to scrub really well. It leaves my skin really soft and moisturized. I have purchased this numerous times and will continue to purchase this if I can find it (it's getting harder and harder to find).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by 702makeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is thick, some reviewers said the older formula was thick and this one is more watery, the ingredients doesn't even list water! The one I have is so thick when i turn it upside down (without the lid) nothing moves.

Here's the ingredients: Vegetable glycerin, sweet almond oil, almond flour, oat flour, orange peel powder, rosebuds powder, pecan shells, grapefruit seed extract, glucose (sugar), nutmeg powder, clove powder, orange oil, fragrance, rosemary leaf oil, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural preservative), tocopherol (vitamin E).

You only receive 2 ounces, but you only need a dime size amount with some water.
This product is very gentle, I felt little tiny "beads" and saw some orange peels in the actual product on my face. My face didn't seem irritated by this product, it didn't burn, sting, or turn red. My face feels smoother, looks brighter and clearer!

I will update in a few days!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this stuff! I have to admit that over the years I haven't been as diligent about exfoliating my skin as I should have been. All I've ever really used was the St. Ives Apricot scrub off and on since I was about 15 (I'm now 30). Since I've been self-tanning this spring and summer I've started exfoliating more regularly again but didn't want to use St. Ives anymore after reading about how the apricot and walnut shell pieces can actually cause tiny tears in your skin which thin, damage, and age it over time. I found this product and gave it a try. It feels SO much less abrasive on my skin and makes my skin feel soooo soft and smooth after. It gives me such a beautiful glow! I just love it. The jar isn't all that big, but you really only have to use the tiniest amount for your whole face. I will definitely continue to use and repurchase this product. For reference my skin is moderately sensitive. I'm not breakout prone, but so many products cause irritation, rashes, bumps, dry patches, etc. I've had no problems whatsoever with this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 2:49:00 AM More reviews by seaswan

BB citrus facial scrub with its nutmeg, clove and orange ingredients mixed with nut shells might make a nice potpourri. Applying it to your face however is one of the worst things you could do.
I'm looking for a new scrub since my old got d/c. It will not have sharp edged shells. It will have rounded beads that exfoliate without causing tears in my skin and won't have irritating and really strange ingredients to break out my skin. If you have this use it on you feet...seriously!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by sherryclinaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Burts Bees Citrus facial scrub.... what can I say, I am in LOVE with this product , I have problem skin, sensitive/dry with the tendancy to break out, I have tried soooo many scrubs and have always been disapointed, the citrus facial scrub is amazing ,it cleans exfoliates and leaves my skin feeling ( as others have said ) feeling like a babies bottom. It does take some getting used to getting the right amount on your hand with the right amount of water but once you get it it is great, the filmy feeling it leaves on the face is actually very moisturizing for me so this is the one thing some have said they don't like that I don't mind, because I am so dry. Unfortunatly for me to purchase this has become a real task as I have to order on line from ebay or amazon< Burts Bees won't ship this product to Canada any more , so I pay about double for it, but I still have not found anything to replace it that works as well...anyways sorry for being so long winded, I guess what I am trying to say is ... JUST TRY THIS PRODUCT !!!! You will love it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No