Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge - Rose

4.4

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The CCO at Philadelphia Franklin Mills had sets of BB mini pot rouge with a lip liner and lip gloss (Bobbi to Go) with a mini Rose pot rouge. Let me say I have been dying to get these pot rouges and thought I found one that was a great no-makeup flush for the cheeks that would look as if I had just taken a walk. I'm about NW20-25 with neutral/cool undertones. I really wanted something to mimic the flush of my hands and cheeks when it's cold outside for a fresh winter makeup look.
So I was happy to find this kit came with the Rose shade blusher. It looked muted enough, not too pink, not too light. Well my 3-bears moment sadly turned into a potential swap item (and yes, I "had to" buy 2 of the kits thinking the mini blush wouldn't last past the holidays). The undertone of this is more red than I expected and even had a hint of coral in it. It is deceptively different than I had seen in the store. CCO didn't have a sample of this out, so my fault for trusting my instincts. The lighting in most CCOs is also strange with halogens so I guess I should have looked at these outside first and came back in to return them if I saw they wouldn't be what I expected. Also FWIW the pencil and gloss that comes in the kit is a mini and, though described as pink mauve, the lip liner looked like a tawny blush shade. These are going up for swap and back to the old drawing board to find a cooler toned alternative. I also thought the consistency of the blush itself was somewhat more dewy than needed. I had CD soufflé blush before, though it was in a coral tone and I believe I swapped it some time ago due to the shade. It did have a more matte finish, though. I would not repurchase the pot rouges unless these blushes come in an exact shade that I envision for my look. I would probably need to purchase where I can get a sample to wear in daylight before purchasing. This was described as "pink rose" on the BB advertisement. It's more like a coral tea rose color to me. I also feel the current shades available of this product are way more warm-toned and tan/brown than what I can use except the one that is extremely blue-toned. Would be nice to see a more mid-tone color range that is not tawny like powder pink nor like raspberry, more of a true cool mauve.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a delightful true rose colour with just a tint of brown in it. The formula is creamy and highly pigmented, and I use either a blush brush or my fingers to apply it to my cheeks and my finger to apply it to my lips. I like that you can get a perfectly matched lip and cheek using these pot rouges, although it is a tad drying on the lips.

I love this for a pulled-together, professional look. It is very natural, and on the lips it's a MLBB look for me. I've been carrying it in my purse, and the mirror is handy for touch ups although as it's been getting warmer the product "sweats" a little, which worries me.

Edit: I have hit pan on this thing....it is just so flattering and natural! Love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This Bobbi Brown product is my most favourtie of her makeup collection. This colour is a beautiful perfect rose. I use this mainly if I want a warm-toned look for the summer months. I don't wear this as a lipcolour because it makes me look dull as everything is too brown-toned. This lasts for a good 8 to 10 hours on me. It's highly pigmented so be careful when using this and blend alot. To top that off the new packaing is sleek, beautiful, easy to carry, and with a mirror to make applications easy. I LOVE THIS!!! BB please DO NOT discontinue this product ever!
For reference, I'm NC15, NARS Gobi, in skintone.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I got this in the Sephora 500 point freebie. This is a nice neutral rose-with-a-touch-of-brown color that would work on just about anyone. I have fair, warm-toned skin. This will be a great fall/winter shade. A little goes a long way; I apply w/ a stipple brush for better blending. This can also work on lips, although it doesn't wear too well, but works in a pinch. On lips it has a much browner tone. The packaging is solid and sleek. This is a good item to throw in your purse for a work day or when you might need to quickly touch up both cheeks & lips. Great product!

I've never tried anything from BB, but I was looking for a cream blush and this one kept popping up in the reviews. I have the cream blush by Ellis Faas and I love that, so I had high expectations.

First of all, you only need to use very little. The texture is almost like a cheek stain and is very pigmented, so if you've used too much, it'll be hard to take it off. 3 light taps with my finger is all I need for a nice blush on 1 cheek. Like with most makeup, building up the color/coverage is better than correcting. This little pot will last me a really long time, I'm sure.

The texture of the blush is such that I have to blend it in farly quickly to avoid concentration of pigment. Since I use my finger, my bodyheat helps to blend in and smooth out the color, although that's a matter of personal preference. Other reviewers used brushes and they seemed content with that too.

I really like the color, it suits my lightly tanned Asian complexion very well. It's a warm pink and I imagine this color will suit all skin colors, since you can build up the color very easily.

The packaging works well, you could open it with one hand if needed and the mirror comes in handy for touch-ups when you're on the road.

I haven't used this product for my lips because I don't like matchy-matchy colorwise.

I will repurchase this when it's finished, which will be in another 2 years I think :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is seriously bang for your buck! Lips AND cheeks AND it lasts FOREVER!!! A little really goes a long, long, long way. I've had this for months and I've barely made a dent in it. It is so pigmented, goes on so smoothly, and the colour I'm using (rose), looks so natural. It gives my face a natural flush and this slight hint of colour is all I need in the morning to look fresh faced and alive without looking too made up.

The part I love about this most is the fact that it's so compact and comes with a mirror of its own. Did I already mention it's 2-in-1? Also you could use a brush but you can easily use your fingers (I always sanitize my hands first) and I also find this a better application method.

Of all the things I've used from Bobbi Brown. This is my favourite. It was also my first, and the reason why I ventured into other Bobbi Brown cosmetics.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this pot rouge so much! I have a sample size that I received in a QVC today special value. I actually use BBs foundation brush to apply this, somehow this method helps this product really blend in. For the ultimate easy natural look, I put on some foundation, rose on my cheeks and my lips (light touch is important) and some mascara...amazing! When done right it is just magical!

I really like the pot rouges--I have rose and pink truffle. The rose is a perfect everyday color---deep but not too deep like the pink truffle. Easy to blend--I use a concealer brush to apply.

I wouldn't say these are any better than Stila convertible color--they are about the same. If I had to repurchase I would consider both BB and stila for a cream blush.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the 5th pot rouge I purchased and the only one I kept. Right when I was about to give up on Bobbi's rouges, Rose finally made me a believer. I owned Blushed Rose, Summer Pink, Summer Tan and Powder Pink but none of these looked great/natural on me as I always looked liked I had major clown cheeks. Rose, however, looks super gorgeous and natural on me giving me a healthy and confident blush. It's a pretty, vibrant rosey color that is (finally) nowhere near being muddy, brownish or pinkish. To make it last longer, I put Rose Pot Rouge on first and then put powder blush, preferribly BB Tawny, on top. This lasts all day without me having to touch up or reapply.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my second pot rouge and love it! My first pot rouge was the Pink Truffle ( neutral shade ) which I adore. By, Bobbi Brown's standards the Rose is brighter ( not garish ) than some of her other pot rouge. The pink in the Rose gives a healthy, vibrant, but still natural looking appeal. I prefer to use the Bobbi pots for lips, and the MAC cream blush for the cheeks. Both Bobbi Brown pot rouge were purchased off the Bay and came in the mini size. The mini size pot will last forever. Its a great way to sample before investing in the larger size. I'm light-med. skin tone, blue eyes with dark hair. You really can't go wrong with most of the shades.