December 20, 2014 | 1710 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mary Kay - Microdermabrasion Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Koolkitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried a few different at home microdermabrasion kits after loving my long term skin after facials, but not wanting to spend the money facials anymore. For awhile I was using something I found on HSN, which was just okay, a tad too abrasive and awkward tub packaging. I've also used countless drugstore face scrubs which just aren't the same thing to me and do very little noticeable exfoliation for me, which I need badly because my skin gets dull and yucky really quickly (probably related to my hyper speed growing nails and hair).

My MK consultant actually insisted I just use my fingers on a damp face to rub it in instead of worrying about the brush that MK also sells. Too much water and the granules spread out, so it's best to not do it in the shower but a damp face after cleansing. The results were pretty immediate and dramatic for me when she walked me through it at the consultation (and would have been for any similar product as my face had been in neglect), but whenever I use it now (once a week) it still delivers!!

I liked that it wasn't too abrasive and had lots and lots of granules. You just need a tiny bit so the one tube is lasting me a long, long, long time.

I've only used the calming serum twice: at the consultation and the first time at home. It wasn't anything special (watered down moisturizer as someone else put it aptly describes it). And since I'm always worried about break outs, I just don't bother with extras like this and my skin hasn't missed it.

My face is always noticeable brighter after I use this product and I like the Goldilocks consistency over what I've used in the past. And its in a tube, which is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by claudiacpc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great exfoliator- works best if you use it right after you cleanse & your skin is still damp. Especially while you're in the shower- use step 1- a little goes a long way. Use a pea size amount & concentrate on the T-zone. If you have very dry or sensitive skin, use sparingly and lightly. Rinse off and then follow with step 2. This is NOT a moisturizer but it helps to calm down the skin. Wait a few minutes and then you can apply moisturizer after. I love this product and use it maybe 1-2 times a week. Try it once a week and see how your skin does with it. Retails for $50- will last you for months so it is worth it.

This is SO much better than the St Ives scrub- that is made with crushed apricot seeds- think about it, what do you think those pieces look like under a microscope?? Maybe little shards of seeds, almost like broken glass & you want to scrub your face with that? This Mary Kay product has tiny, round crystal that won't cut up your face.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by rujteara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Don't waste your hard earned money on this...its bad for you and the environment...just google it..most scrubs like this are made with plastic....save some money and make your own by just using plain baking soda...or make a honey & cinnamon scrub..makes your face smooth without the irritation you get from these toxic filled scrubs!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by brittanysc1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't say much for price because I received it as a gift. I was really impressed with this product! I am a skin care junkie who has tried just about everything to tame my skin. I have blackheads and whiteheads everywhere, and after some failed prescription acne topicals, now I have tiny inflamed bumps all over. Even after one use I felt a difference that I've never felt with anything else I've tried. I used the microdermabrasion (step 1) with my Clarisonic, then followed with the lotion (step 2) after stepping out of the shower. I have been slathering a thick cream on my face every chance I get, so I didn't think this thin lotion was going to give me any benefits. However, after using it I was finally free from the flaky dry skin I've been battling for months. I was able to put on my makeup without embarrassing flakes for the first time in a long time! Overall, this is a great product and I will definitely be stocking up!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by ohhhsandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this last night for the first time. I have really bad clogged pores under my eyes/nose area and on my forehead and finally wanted to try something different. I told my fiance to feel my face before (realllly bumpy in the problem areas) and to take a good look at it. Which he did. I did both steps of the set and afterward he said my skin felt softer and looked smoother. And to be honest....it really did. This is very drying so I used a good bit of the moisturizer and today my skin looks SOooooooooooooooooooo much better. I'm actually really surprised at how well it works. MK consultants recommend that you only do this 2 times a week if you have dry skin to begin with, and I can see why.

The first step is a scrub but when you look at it, it doesn't have big bead in it. It's like sand, very fine. And it felt great while I was using it on my face.

I def will be buying this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:51:00 AM More reviews by livelaughsparkle89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So, where to begin? I had a Mary Kay party tonight and we tried the Microdermabrasion set. First of all, I was skeptical of even trying this in the first place. I have always seen Microdermabrasion kits come with electronic tools that use circular motions or vibrations to deliver fantastic results. But, the Mary Kay set doesn't use any electronic devices. It's kind of like your normal exfoliation and moisturizer. I just did not understand how this was going to work. Step one is the "microdermabrasion" and step two is the moisturizer. To start, I tried step one. The grains in the cleanser are really fine unlike the grains used in the St. Ives Apricot Scrub. Once I put the cleanser on my face it sort if felt like the Neutrogena microdermabrasion system. But, I felt that the Neutrogena kind have my skin more of an exfoliation. The Mary Kay microdermabrasion step one just left my skin feeling really dry and not hydrated. It felt as if I had a clay mask on. Step two of the system is supposed to hydrate. The only thing to say about that is that it DOES NOT hydrate whatsoever. It just feels like a really watered down moisturizer. The results after using the system were not impressive. My skin felt dry, itchy, and had red blotches all over. Not to mention, a few hours later my skin broke out into pimples and I don't just mean any pimples. I mean the ones that grow underneath your skin, cause pain, and take forever to heal. Yeah, NOT happy right now. I really wanted to be proved wrong by this product, but I guess not. This product is definitely not worth the hype it gets on YouTube or MakeupAlley, especially since the price of the set costs around $50. SO NOT WORTH IT!! In my opinion, opt for the Clarisonic (more worth the money), St. Ives Apricot Scrub, or the Neutrogena Microdermabrasion System!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by vmf04

I've been using this now for a few years, and I love it. On a whim I went and got a facial at a spa, and paid an arm and a leg for it, and when I came out, my face felt and looked no better than when I was done using the MK Microderm. That's not really a slight on the spa, but more of a compliment to how well Mk Microderm works, it's spa quality. And I can buy a whole set for about 1/2 of what one facial costs me and I get a few months use out of it. The common gripe with this product is that the seconds step doesn't moisturize enough. That is NOT what it is supposed to do. So, make sure you use your regular moisturizer after you've cleansed your face and done microderm steps one and two. After a few uses I was able to notice a visible difference in my skin tone, and after only one use I was able to see a GREAT difference in how my make up went on much smoother. This is probably my favorite MK Product of all time.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by winniewyli21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fine grains, affordable and great results! I use to use Kate Somerville, which is still a great product - but it costs an arm and leg.

I tried Mary Kay Microdermabrasion because I got a free sample. It works great! Scrubs off gently all the dry skin cells and really brightens up my skin tone! Over time, I saw my skin looking healthier!

It keeps my products consistent since I use the Mary Kay cleansers and moisturizers. The Mary Kay line keeps the pH in my skin balanced. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Winnie Rating: 8/10

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by jdublew

I love this kit. I have sensitive acne prone skin and exfoliating with other products left my skin super sensitive and later lead to a break out. This is very gentle. I use this after I have removed all my makeup and cleansed by skin. I then leave my face moist and massage gently in circles all over my face. I use this once a week - depending on how my skin feels I may use it twice but I try not to overdo it with exfoliating. After washing this out I apply step 2 Timewise Replenishing Serum and when its dry I will apply my usual moisturiser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by thedivinemissm83

I have fair, acne prone combination skin, so I am always exfolliating my skin. I have tried a number of microdermabrasion kits, and this one is really worth trying. Its gentle, and really improved the texture of my skin. I use it about twice a week. It has not made me break out, and I've actually noticed an overall improvement to my skin. I havent even gotten my monthly hormone breakouts around my mouth since I started using this product. Its a little pricey at $55, but it does last awhile and I will definitely keep this product in my arsenal.