October 20, 2014 | 1123 users online

Shampoo - TRESemme - Anti-Breakage Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2008 10:41:00 PM More reviews by killahshortiee89

I started using this product along with Moisture Rich conditioner as soon as I noticed my hair was falling out more than usual. Within weeks my hair stopped falling out and it was healthy again. I stopped using it when I highlighted and permed my hair and started using a colored/permed treatment shampoo from Aussie and my hair got worse, started falling out, my scalp began to itch and I got split ends. Soon after, I used Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Breakage Defense and that didn't work. I finally went back to Tresemme's Anti-Breakage with the Moisture Rich conditioner combo again and it worked. After the perm and highlights grew out I began using Suave and Herbal Essences shampoo but that just made my scalp itch right after I washed my hair. So now I use Tresemme again, the reason why I can't continuously use Tresemme is because in my area its so hard to find Anti-Breakage shampoos. I have very fine, thin straight hair and this is probably the only shampoo that works for me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by k_arolinka

I've been trying to grow my hair out but after repeatedly coloring my hair for years, it kept breaking. I was using shampoo that dried my hair out or made it look lifeless. I read a few reviews on this shampoo and decided to give it a try. It cost me $4.25 per bottle at Shoppers Drug Mart which is awesome for the amount you get and it came with the pump . So far I've used it 4 times and my hair feels amazing. My hair feels and looks stronger and healthier. The pump is very convenient in the shower. My hair dresser told me to deep condition right after you use a shampoo with protein because the shampoo is meant to strengthen your hair, not moisturize. So I deep condition after I use the shampoo and normal conditioner. It's amazing!!! My brush has waaayy less hair clumped in it and when I blow dry/wash my hair, only a couple hairs fall out instead of a whole bunch .You should definitely give this a try if you want to grow your hair out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 1:06:00 AM More reviews by snwsnw

I love everything about this shampoo; the smell, the quality, and the cost! Time and time again, I come back to this shampoo. I have to admit that I have strayed, (buying into higher priced nonsense, if you will) but I am a faithful consumer once again! This shampoo rinses clean, and leaves my hair super shiny and smelling of apples. My hair definitely feels a ton stronger, as well. TRESemme is offered at most food and drug stores, and you get a huge 32 oz bottle that will last for months. I use the Anti-Breakage Shampoo in conjunction with the Anti-Breakage Conditioner, and I couldn't be happier with the results. For whatever reason, TRESemme always seems to get left off of the list of beauty reviews, but in my opinion, it is far superior to anything else!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by mrsreid55

I have used this brand for years, but never this type. Some Tresemme shampoos wash better than others. This one really weighed down my hair and actually seemed to cause more breakage. When I got my hair cut, my stylist asked me what I was using because my hair was kind of "sticking together" when it got wet and it didnt' seem to be cleaning my hair. I was a little offended by the comment, but decided to try something else. My hair has gotten better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by sugarplum71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After years of chemically frying my hair, and innumerable smoothing/straightening/moisturizing shampoos, Tresemme's Anti Breakage shampoo and conditioner are holy beyond holy grail finds! My mum bought some on special and I tried them... to my shock and delight, my super frizzy, porous hair loves them. The result is super soft, super manageable hair. I am in awe. HIGHLY recommended!! And they're so cheap. I like the super value size too. Try, try!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by SolangeAtira

I bought this shampoo three weeks ago and didn't want to review it until I had given it a chance to "show it's true colors". I'm in LOVE. It's gentle yet it cleanses well. The 32 oz. bottle will last me FOREVER.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2008 12:05:00 AM More reviews by hugglemunkee

I tried this product because I needed a new shampoo to help with breakage. So far, I found that it hasn't help much. I do notice that my hair isn't left feeling greasy and weighed down. I do love that there isn't a lot of fragrance to the shampoo but I'm sure there is a better product out there that does a better job.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2008 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Ayuri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product cemented my distrust of clear (i.e. transparent) shampoos. I have long, fairly healthy Asian hair (dark, thick, and straight). I don't have any problems with dryness or frizz, but I do lose a lot more hair when shampooing than I should. Not only did this shampoo not help my condition in the least, it made my scalp feel unclean even after a second rinse and dried out the rest of my hair. I prefer my hair to feel smooth and silky, not "squeaky clean" and tangled like after using this shampoo. The only good thing I can say about this product is that it smells good. Reminds me of lychee.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by dhutchens

I use this and the conditoner fairly often. I have never found it to have a chemical smell...it is fruity, a little like apples. I have problems with some shampoos breaking my head out and I have never had that problem with these brand. It is very reasonable priced and doesn't leave a lot of extra build up or weigh my hair down. I have fine hair but I have lots of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2008 2:41:00 AM More reviews by lewky

It lathers nicely although I didn't get a "chemical" smell like others have stated. It actaully smells like green apples to me. I don't have a ton of breakage but I just wanted a cheap shampoo in between the expensive ones. And this actually makes my hair softer and shinier. I feel like I don't need to follow up w/ conditioner. And for $3.00 for a huge 16 oz. bottle I will repurchase again.