TRESemme Anti-Breakage Shampoo

3.3

Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ammonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Quaternium-22, Dmdm Hydantoin, Diacapryl Ether, Tetrasodium Edta, Polyquaternium-10, Polyquaternium-39, Lauryl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citric Acid, Limonene, Amyl Cinnamal, Polysorbate 20, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein Gelatin/Keratin Amino Acids/Lysine Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cyanocobalamin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin.

on 11/1/2010 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

First of all, let me start by saying that this is NOT a bad shampoo in itself. Tresemme Anti-Breakage Shampoo cleaned my hair very well, had a pleasant smell, and was pretty easy to work with. However, I really don't feel like it is any better at preventing breakage than a regular shampoo. I did not notice any less breakage while using this, so I don't know why it makes claims to do so. In fact, accompanied with the conditioner, I almost felt as if my hair was less moisturized than ever, and I had to struggle to get out tangles. In short, I will not repurchase, as I did not find this to be effective. Also, one last fact: this product claims to be effective because it contains vitamin b12, which is supposed to be good for hair production. However, it is important to note that vitamin b12 HAS NO BENEFITS WHEN ABSORBED THROUGH THE SKIN. B12 really only works well when it is taken orally. So, my belief is that this shampoo has a placebo
effect---people think that they are absorbing a beneficial supplement into their hair, so they begin to see results that aren't really there.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I started using this product along with Moisture Rich conditioner as soon as I noticed my hair was falling out more than usual. Within weeks my hair stopped falling out and it was healthy again. I stopped using it when I highlighted and permed my hair and started using a colored/permed treatment shampoo from Aussie and my hair got worse, started falling out, my scalp began to itch and I got split ends. Soon after, I used Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Breakage Defense and that didn't work. I finally went back to Tresemme's Anti-Breakage with the Moisture Rich conditioner combo again and it worked. After the perm and highlights grew out I began using Suave and Herbal Essences shampoo but that just made my scalp itch right after I washed my hair. So now I use Tresemme again, the reason why I can't continuously use Tresemme is because in my area its so hard to find Anti-Breakage shampoos. I have very fine, thin straight hair and this is probably the only shampoo that works for me.

on 8/1/2009 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use the shampoo only, because I use a volumizing conditioner to give my strands a little oomph, and volumizing shampoos tend to weigh my thin straight hair down. I boguht it because it was four bucks for a ginormous bottle and came with a pump.
I love it! It has a nice smell, not chemical at all, and it makes my hair feel so strong. It doesn't weigh my hair down in any way. When i run my fingers through my hair, not a single strand comes out, compared to the practical wig i could pull out of my hair before using this shampoo.
I definitely reccomend it, especially for the price!

on 7/17/2009 9:18:00 PM

I've been trying to grow my hair out but after repeatedly coloring my hair for years, it kept breaking. I was using shampoo that dried my hair out or made it look lifeless. I read a few reviews on this shampoo and decided to give it a try. It cost me $4.25 per bottle at Shoppers Drug Mart which is awesome for the amount you get and it came with the pump . So far I've used it 4 times and my hair feels amazing. My hair feels and looks stronger and healthier. The pump is very convenient in the shower. My hair dresser told me to deep condition right after you use a shampoo with protein because the shampoo is meant to strengthen your hair, not moisturize. So I deep condition after I use the shampoo and normal conditioner. It's amazing!!! My brush has waaayy less hair clumped in it and when I blow dry/wash my hair, only a couple hairs fall out instead of a whole bunch .You should definitely give this a try if you want to grow your hair out!

on 2/15/2009 1:06:00 AM

I love everything about this shampoo; the smell, the quality, and the cost! Time and time again, I come back to this shampoo. I have to admit that I have strayed, (buying into higher priced nonsense, if you will) but I am a faithful consumer once again! This shampoo rinses clean, and leaves my hair super shiny and smelling of apples. My hair definitely feels a ton stronger, as well. TRESemme is offered at most food and drug stores, and you get a huge 32 oz bottle that will last for months. I use the Anti-Breakage Shampoo in conjunction with the Anti-Breakage Conditioner, and I couldn't be happier with the results. For whatever reason, TRESemme always seems to get left off of the list of beauty reviews, but in my opinion, it is far superior to anything else!

on 2/1/2015 4:49:00 PM

I LOVE this shampoo! It took away all my split ends and left my hair silky and natural feeling like how it felt when I was 8 years old! It smells like strawberrys and kiwis before you wash it out of your hair but when it's dry it smells like strawberry shortcake!

on 2/8/2013 10:43:00 AM

I have used this brand for years, but never this type. Some Tresemme shampoos wash better than others. This one really weighed down my hair and actually seemed to cause more breakage. When I got my hair cut, my stylist asked me what I was using because my hair was kind of "sticking together" when it got wet and it didnt' seem to be cleaning my hair. I was a little offended by the comment, but decided to try something else. My hair has gotten better.

on 2/2/2013 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Wow. I'm truly impressed! This shampoo smells great, and it lathered like crazy. The foam was very light and gel-like. A little goes a long way! I just colored my hair and this didn't strip it. Excellent!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love love LOVE this shampoo. It's amazing for my hair. After I started using this (in conjunction with random conditioners that were lying around), my hair felt softer, stronger, and smoother. It didn't make my hair more oily than normal (I've already accepted that nothing will change the second-day oiliness of my hair) and I used up my entire jumbo-sized bottle without any complaints. It didn't strip my hair, but cleaned rather well. It didn't cause dandruff. After finishing this, I tried to go back to Herbal Essences; that did NOT work out... My mom started making me try organic shampoo - it caused dandruff O_o
All in all, I LOVE THIS STUFF.

on 2/25/2012 11:52:00 PM

At first this was amazing, It left my hair feeling good and soft, but then I noticed that every time I used it my hair started falling off! It was a big mistake getting this!

Popular Shampoos