October 1, 2014 | 1997 users online

Blush - Laura Mercier - Cheek Colour in Rose Petal

rated 2 of 5 on 3/21/2014 9:56:00 AM More reviews by shalie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a waste of my freaking money. I have to scratch the powder to get some. It does not last. It has a little pigment. My mother asks me if I have makeup every time I put this trash on. Worst blush ever had. Color looks good on package until it disappears on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My coloring: MAC NC20, neutral-cool.

Rose Petal is a matte, neutral-cool, light pink. Even though I have light skin, this only imparts a hint of natural pink to my cheeks. It's very soft. Perfect for "no makeup days" or when I want to emphasise my eyes or lips. The formula of the LM Cheek Colours are superb. I'm a big fan! They go on smoothly, blend effortlessly and last for most of the day. No breakouts for my acne-prone skin either.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by bumblebee770

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OK - the Laura Mercier SA hit it on the nose when she said that for my coloring (cool, light, Dior 022, MAC NW20) the Wild Bouquet was for a suggestion of color but Rose Petal was for the color itself. I have to be very careful to place correctly and blend very well or I get the china doll look. It wears very well on oily skin and doesnt cause problems. I like it and am glad I added it to my HUGE 3 blush collection LOL: Wild Bouquet for everyday, MAC Sheertone Pinch O Peach for everyday and Rose Petal for a little more of a makeup day. Dont really know I would repurchase but Im not much of a blush wearer so even the small amount will last forever.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a decently good blush if you are pale- it could easily be your HG everyday blush. It's a really cute colour, like a light neutral baby pink. However, I'm more on the light side (NC20) and I REALLY have to build this up to get the desired colour to my cheeks. I would not recommend this to anyone above NC25. While this blush is soft and swatches very nicely with decent pigment, it is very powdery and sheer on the cheeks. This product gets EVERYWHERE and the blush brush just sweeps off most of the pigment instead of catching it onto the brush. So by the time I get to my desired colour, my cheeks look super chalky- mind you, I'm not painting my face in 80's style blush, just a natural flush :/ It is also very expensive given its price, it only has 0.13 oz of product for $30 CAD. I could get a Tarte blush for $33 with 0.20 oz of product. On that note, Tarte's Dollface blush is very similar but has better pigmentation and texture. If you're patient, wait for Haute Look to have flash sales for theBalm and pick up Down Boy blush, which I believe is under $20, contains 0.3 oz and has unbelievable pigment :)

Decent blush, but there's better out there. Plus it's a huge rip-off.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kayceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pricey, but an amazing natural-looking blush for NW15 skin like mine. It blends very well but its pigmentation is still strong. My sensitive skin hasn't had a reaction from it. For best results for a nude look, blend with a mini kabuki! The packaging is also very nice! It's solid and polished.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love many of the LM products; and stick to LM eye shadows (only). I love the pan idea - making your own palate.

I have light skin with pink undertones. This is a VERY sheer blush; almost like nothing is there. Good for the summer.

It does pull up slight peach undertones on my (very slight) that I don't like but overall - it is a great summer blush.

Now I am switching to a BB blush in Desert Rose - more pigmented, less sheen best for fall and winter.

For spring or summer, this color would probably work for most very light skin gals

It is expensive though -- anyone else notice LM and BB products go up at least $1.00 - $2.00 every season and you get less product each time??

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Zelda123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A fantastic blusher, beautiful share of pink with a hint of peach, honesty brightens up my completion beautifully and makes me look younger and fresher, could not recommend highly enough. I have Celtic skin with warm undertones but I truly think it would suit anyone and any age group.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by hernana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This blush is deceptive - it looks nothing like the color in the pan when you apply it to your cheeks. I am always amazed at the amount and shade of color on my cheeks. What looks like a rather washed out peach is actually a very wearable pink. Also remarkable is the way this blends in and looks like your natural skin, without the need for tons of blending with your brush. It's hard for me to get too much of this on because it looks so natural; for the same reason it's also hard to look like you're wearing too much. My only complaint is its extremely powdery formulation - the powder dust can get a little messy. But I shouldn't complain, as this powdery quality is probably what makes this blush look so amazing on skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Caleigh2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LM blushes have a very finely milled, silky quality to them, there is not a lot of "extra" to tap off the blush brush or to remove from your skin because of fall out. They are nicely pigmented and very buildable but a little goes a long way. I have several shades of LM blush including 2 back ups of discontinued Opera but I adore the Rose Petal. It gives a beautiful healthy but natural glow to my very fair Irish skin. I thought it looked a little warm in the pan but it is not too warm on my skin which needs to stay with the cooler tones. This makes me believe that it would work equally well on cool or warm fair to medium toned skins. This is a matte blush with a soft glow but no glitter. I think the price is reasonable given the quality and the fact i know how long it takes to hit pan on these blushes but my one gripe is that I wish the packaging was a little bit larger just because I prefer to use a large Bobbi Brown blush brush and while the packaging is nice for not taking up a lot of space it would be nice if there was a little more surface area to brush across with a large blush brush. You need this in your blush wardrobe, it's unassuming but invaluable at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by ExoticAlbino

I'm not sure if this is my absolute favorite blush...however I do reach for it quite often. It's high end, & therefore pricey, but worth it when you take into account the great pigmentation/quality. I love that Rose Petal is matte. I have huge pores & nothing is worse than having my imperfections highlighted by shimmer. As for the shade... I'd describe this as a light babypink with a smidge of peach. For reference I am NC10 (albino, yellow undertones) & Rose Petal is perfect. Not too bright or unnatural. I will repurchase.