October 30, 2014 | 1300 users online

Conditioner - Redken - Color Extend Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I dont know if it extend my color, but it sure does a fine job as a moisturize conditioner :)
I still prefer the 'blonde glam' though :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I was recommended this by my hair stylist for preventing my toner fading from my highlighted hair. As a color protector I don't really see a difference between using this or any other conditioner but as a basic daily conditioner I do quite like this.

It is extremely thick in the bottle and when you reach over halfway through it is quite difficult to get any out of the bottle unless you squeeze it really hard and shake it at the same time.

My hair can often feel like straw after washing and this conditioner really prevents this. Even though the conditioner is really thick, it doesn't weigh my hair down. My hair is very fine, limp, and gets greasy easily. I can actually use this daily without any heaviness or greasiness so this performs much better than other conditioners in this regard. I also have thinning hair and most conditioners make my hair look more limp and lifeless. This conditioner actually seems to keep volume in my hair (even though it is not marketed as a volumizing conditioner).

I got this conditioner, the matching shampoo, a hairspray and a sample of a hair oil in a kit for $22.00 so that was pretty good value. I probably would buy this again, despite the price for a full size bottle, as I like the way it conditions without giving extra weight to my problematic hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by thyme2sow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My hair responds well to Redken products. Redken Fresh Curls was my HG, now it is discontinued so I have been trying to find a replacement. My hair seems to prefer the Color Extend Conditioner over the Curvaceous, Body Full, Time Reset and All Soft. I prefer a medium weight conditioner that tends to absorb rather than coat my hair. I have fine, naturally wavy hair that is NOT color treated. My hair is between chin and shoulder length, cut in an inverted bob with a few layers. This leaves my hair healthy, soft, shiny, moisturized and doesn't weigh my hair down. I use this every/every other day after the Redken Color Extend Shampoo. I also use Redken Satinwear 02 Blowdry Lotion and finish with the Tousle Whip 04 Cream Wax. I always purchase this from Ulta during their liter sales which makes it a great value. The only thing that I hate about Redken is they seem to change formulas, sometimes new doesn't mean better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

This left my fine hair very tangled and matted. No slip at all. No matter how much I rinsed my hair felt coated with wax. And when it was dry it looked like grease on my head!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by heatheln

Hi, at my last appointment at Brisbane salon I had my hair coloured (balayage). I was told that the Redken colour extend shampoo and conditioner would make my hair shiny and extend the life of the colour by up to 4-6 weeks. I was told that I shouldn't use supermarket shampoo/conditioner products. I was also told to use the shampoo twice when washing. I mentioned to my hairdresser that I had dry hair.

Basically what I would like to say is that none of the above claims happened. so after shampooing with the redken shampoo I would put in the redken conditioner and it felt awful. There was no detangling effect or silkiness. My hair felt like straw. After washing it out it was no better. It looked and felt awful.

I have dry hair and it did absolutely nothing. I might as well have been conditioning with detergent. A rip off at over $20 (aus) !!! Going to stick to my lowly supermarket brands lol. !!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by LauraJM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I get all Redken products free to try because my mum is a hairdresser, This is the only brand i can say that all of the products are amazing. Dosent matter which one you use they are all the same amazing! I could live only with using Redken products.
Dont worry you cant really get the wrong product there all similar with (regards to shampoo and conditioner)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by martstuff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

They changed the formulation on this a few years ago. Now the 'cranberry oil' is more predominant and is very smelly!!! Way too strong for my sensitive nose. It gives me migranes. The original formula I loved! Please get rid of that horrible smell, and I will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by shannbronzo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this on my hair dresser's recommendation. BTW...NOT at her salon either......REALLY like it. I'm a product junkie and try new things all the time. I seldom repurchase hair products because I never find one I think is amazing......this one I will though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by sassyBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I may know why this is getting such bad reviews. This has protein in it, and if you use too much protein in your hair (I have overdosed my hair on protein in the past), your hair becomes gummy and breaks because there is too much protein. I only use this conditioner once a week when I do my weekly deep condition. I shampoo, deep condition, and then use this afterwards. It gives my hair protein once a week without over-doing it and protects the color. I think it is pretty good! I gave it 4 stars just because it feels really weird while its on your hair and while rinsing it out haha

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by NiteOwlGrl2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

After paying 140+ to get my hair fixed I was not about to ruin my hair with cheap shampoo and conditioner striping my hair of natural oils and the color! So I went out and bought both for 36 bucks it was a deal for two huge bottles at a hair salon. And let me tell you it was worth any penny I'd even pay more. My hair has not faded and I've washed it 20+ times. Granted I wash my hair once or twice a week, but still that's really good! My hair is healthier than ever. I definitely suggest buying this if you don't want your hair to fade. Also if it's a little damaged just get a hair mask by them like Color Extend Rich Recovery or Extreme Rescue Force.