October 30, 2014 | 1657 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Papillon999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Loved this product for many years but now I find that it leaves my hair flatter and unmanageable during the day. Takes too much hairspray to keep a reasonable do all day unless there is no wind. Looking for a replacement. Think I found it in Avalon Rosemary shampoo but it makes my scalp flaky and a bit itchy around the hairline.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Ebae17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually use drug store products like Suave on my hair and it works great! Recently while I was in Ulta a beauty store near where I live I decided to try a nicer salon brand shampoo. I first tried Redken allsoft because I heard a lot of great things about it... It felt nice while I was washing my hair and brushing it out but when my hair dried it looked like I hadn't even washed my hair. My roots felt sticky and looked oily. So I went back to Ulta to return it and got store credit. So I decided to try a different Redken product which was the Extend Color shampoo. The employee working while I made the exchange even said that this shampoo worked great and wouldn't leave it oily... So I tried it out and it made my hair just as gross as the allsoft.. My hair felt disgusting after using both of Redkens products..I don't know if it is just me that this brand does this too it could be hormones... But after trying two of their products I would not recommend Redkens products.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by KatKoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thisis the worst shampoo that I have ever used.

SCENT -
The scent is great. Very clean smelling. Not fruity at all.

CLEANSING -
I have no idea what to say this shampoo did to my hair. I used it along with the conditioner. After I washed my cair with this it felt great and clean in the shower. However, when my hair dried, the roots of my hair looked even dirtier than before the shower. It is totally bizarre. I have never had anything like this happen before. I even washed it a second time with this shampoo the next day to see if it was some kind of fluke. It was even worse the second time, it was like I had not washed my hair in several days. The length of it was not dirty looking, just by the roots.

CONDITIONING -
My hair felt soft after cleansing and conditioner, except by the roots where it felt oily and gross.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I got a bottle of this shampoo in a set along with the matching conditioner and a shine spray. This is an average shampoo, it gets my hair clean and doesn't leave any residue.
My hair is very fine, thin on top but gets greasy easily. It is highlighted and then has a toner added which tends to fade very fast.

I have noticed that my scalp does get a little itchy and bumpy when I have used this, and I have noticed an increase in flakiness. I did see that another reviewer below also had a bumpy scalp after using, so perhaps it is an ingredient in the shampoo causing an allergic reaction.

It smells pleasant, lathers well, but I haven't noticed that my color has lasted any longer than normal. My hair isn't really any different after using this (some shampoos have made my hair shinier, bouncier and a whole lot more healthy looking, without the addition of styling products) but this one hasn't really done anything beneficial at all. I wouldn't repurchase this, it is too expensive for such a basic shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great shampoo. Cleans my hair nicely, I guess I will see over time if it helps with extending the life of my color. No residue at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by BillyeT

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Redken Amino-Pon was always a staple at my house too. I colored my hair on a regular basis. I wanted my curly hair straight so I tortured it with a blow dryer and straightened it with hot tools but Amino-Pon always seemed to rescue my tortured locks. Color Extend appeared and Amino-Pon disappeared. CE shampoo was just okay so I started using more CE conditioner thinking my hair had changed. Time passes. My stylist recommends I free my tortured locks and let them go au naturale...curly. She recommends a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner (not a Redken brand). Works well. After a short while hair has more volume, shine and the curls are more defined, bouncy and nooo frizzzz. Color doesn't fade either. All is well. Love my hair and my hair loves me. Big sale on Redken Color Extend. It has to be good...stops color fade sooo good for the tresses, right? Shampooed with CE and applied CE conditioner. Hair seems flat and is that frizzzz I see? I must need more CE shampoo and conditioner to rescue my sad looking locks like Amino-Pon did. Curls droop, frizzzz is back, birds try to nest in my hair... but the color doesn't fade. Back to sulfate free shampoo. I hear my hair sigh in relief. I sigh in relief. My stylist lets me come in the front door now. I'm not saying CE is bad. Redken is a good product but before you buy the giant economy size (yes..I did that) try it first. All hair is different and it might work very well for you. I dream that someday companies will offer products that are really good for you and your hair. Products that don't require intensive treatments to undo the damage the shampoo has done. I'm such a dreamer! Sigh.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

While this is great at extending the life of my colour, I am allergic to something in this shampoo!! I have bumps and flakes all over my scalp, which has never happened to me before with a shampoo....buyer beware!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by KCLADYZ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this shampoo. best of the redken line. Shampoo is super conditioning in itself. the combo makes my hair super soft and thicker and smells awesome.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by loveoutdoors

I have to say first off I thought I'd skip reviewing this shampoo but then thought better of it. I am or maybe I should say was, a huge Redken fan. My Mom was a stylist back in the day and Amino Pon was always the only shampoo in our house. I loved it, it didn't matter what I did to my hair (think blonde streaks attained with peroxide) it always looked and felt very healthy. We didn't even use conditioner at every wash, probably once a week tops and everyone in our family had beautiful hair. Okay, so you know how I feel, or felt, about Redken. So Ulta was having a nice sale and I picked up the 33.8 fl oz color extend shampoo thinking all was good in the world, I also purchased All Soft Heavy Cream Conditioner and Diamond Oil in small tubes to try them out. After about three weeks of use I noticed the ends of my hair looked ragged and it just felt kinda brittle. Well okay, thinking maybe I was due for a trim I scheduled an appointment and asked my stylist what she thought about my hair. Usually she tells me it's shiney, healthy, overall great shape, her comment was, it feels like you have a lot of build up. Overall the shampoo does keep hair color looking nice longer and my hair is shiney but the feel of it is now brittle and even after trimming the ends I'm just not happy. I don't have a problem with silicones but I wonder if this product has so much of them that the product can't really keep hair in overall good shape, it's a mystery but I won't re-purchase and wouldn't recommend this shampoo. I hope Redken can step up and put out better products, I know they are capable as I stated above.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Pariscotita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product because of my dyed hair.. It really extend the colour on my hair, but also it gave me dandruff.
My roots are very oily and my hair looks so dirty.. Sometimes my scalp is even itchy because of this.. I hate it..
BTW, It is such an expensive shampoo!

I would never buy this shampoo again...