La Mer Lip Balm

3.8

Petrolatum, Octyldodecanol, Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentaoleate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Seaweed Extract, Emerald, Algae Extract, Tourmaline, Sesame Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, Sodium-potassium-copper-calcium-magnesium And Zinc Gluconate, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Fish Protein, Castor Oil, Phytosphingosine Trehalose, Polybutene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Glyceryl Distearate, Water, Glycerin, Menthyl Pca, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Fragrance, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Bht Propylparaben, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake

on 3/11/2015 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

This is the sort of product I would enjoy as a gift. I feel that any $50 lip product needs to perform amazingly; this balm is just good, not great. The minty scent and sweet taste are pleasant and soothing. The product is smooth and creamy to the touch and looks pretty matte on the lips, but not as matte as Burt's Bees. Easily the best thing about this balm is the texture. It sits on the lips in a way that makes them feel plump and protected. I have never gotten this satiny feeling from a lip product before. This product bridges the gap between slick Vaseline and dry waxy Burt's Bees. You only need a small dab for your pucker, but you'll want to apply a little more because it feels really good. The formula is emollient and suitable for a night treatment. That said, I don't think the jar would last long. Personally, I didn't get any results from the La Mer balm that I haven't gotten from Kiehl's, fresh, or Smith's Rose Salve, so I will stick with those cheaper options.

on 12/26/2014 10:06:00 PM

Absolutely the best. Fixed my chapped lips in a single day, returning them to soft, supple and plump. I ran out while on holiday and my lips immediately went dry and nothing else worked. So be mindful this is an addictive product once you start.

Pricey, but my pot lasted me 10 months with daily use (3-4 applications a day).

on 10/20/2014 5:10:00 AM

THis is the best lip balm I have tried in my life!!! It lasts on your lips for the longest amount of hours, its not as sticky as VASELINE , and it does not make you get WHITE stuff on your lips like Vaseline does. Its a miracle!! it moisterises your lips in an amazing way!

the ONLY problem, its so expensive! but it lasts for 6 months for sure. I buy two a year, which is not bad..

I recommend every girl to grab one of those!

on 9/21/2014 8:19:00 AM

I'm going to get more of these!!! Smells amazing, like mint chocolate candy. I recently got really chapped flaky lips but once I put this on overnight, healed my lips right away. Price is pretty expensive but I believe Anything put on your face should be the best.

on 9/20/2014 12:23:00 PM

This is the best lip balm I've ever used. I got it because I wanted to try it out, and it helped me when I needed it the most. My underlip got a crack in it, and was bleeding and it hurt so much. I tried all the other lip balms I had; Burt's Bees, Kiehl's, Rosebud Salve, eos- even Aloe Vera and Vaseline- none of which worked. A bit of this balm on the lip and the crack vanished from view. It did take two whole days before it was completely gone, but from previous experiences it's taken much longer time.
I purchased mine i Oslo and the price tag there is abbout $75. I thought it was a bit expensive but since I've used the balm for more than 6 months now I'd say it's worth the money spent. :)

on 7/16/2014 2:29:00 AM

Whoo! This lip balm is off the charts expensive! I bought it about 1.5 years ago; I think it was $50 then. It currently costs $55. Never in my life did I think I was going to buy a lip balm this expensive, but the reason why I took the dive was because my lips were just going crazy during that time. Here's a quick summary on my lips: super sensitive and prone to dryness, peeling, chapping, AND on top of all that madness, I have a serious and awful habit of picking at them.

I'd like to say it was because I was truly desperate for a potent lip balm to ease my raging lips during that time, but heh, I must confess...I was just going through a La Mer obsession during the time, and $50 was about as much as I was willing to spend, and since I was in dire need of a lip balm, I figured, "Ah what the heck. Why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone." After reading so many positive reviews about it, I took the dive. & I'm not guilty at all that I did!

First of all, I dislike that it's in a tub because it's unhygienic (duh). I also only use it after my hands are washed, which means the most convenient thing to do is to use this at home. Not so convenient if you want to use this when you're out and about. I've made my peace with this issue. I use it at night before bed. Aside from this, I love the look of the entire packaging, from the lid to the tub itself. Super adorable and super sleek.

Second, I love the smell and the minty scent once it's on my lips.

Third, it is not sticky or greasy at all. This is the only, only, and I repeat, ONLY lip balm that I would be able to have on my lips and have it be undetectable when I kiss my bf. Aside from this lip balm, no other lip balm could have me kiss him without him complaining or noticing that a lip product has uncomfortably transferred from my lips to his.

Fourth, this balm definitely delivers as promised. Here is La Mer's claim about the product: "The Lip Balm is a luxurious and intensely reparative formula that works on contact to soften roughness, relieve discomfort and help rejuvenate seriously dry lips." It is very luxurious to the touch, and the application feel so darn good as it melts into my lips. It is very, very intensive and reparative. That's what I love most about this balm. I usually only reach for it at night and/or after my lips have ripped open and bled from being picked off by my pesky fingers (not an exaggeration). I pile it on after a picking session and some more before I head to bed, and every time, I wake up to see that the cracks and tears that were bleeding have healed. This balm is seriously nothing short of a miracle worker. You could say that the body heals itself during sleep, sure, but trust me, before I had this beauty product, my lips took several days to heal. Now, overnight and maybe a couple hours later and voila, amazing, healthy, pink lips again. This brings me to my next point.

Fifth, with consistent use of this product, my lips become pinker, healthier, and more beautiful altogether. I'm still young, but I have a lot of fine lines on my lips (probably from the chronic picking). This product definitely helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines.

So you see, it's not just a simple moisturizing lip balm that simply provides and locks in moisture. It's more than that. It's like using the Estee Lauder ANR and then comparing it to...oh, I don't know, the L'oreal Youth Code serum.

Oh, I read somewhere that it works best when warmed up between your fingers and then patted/pressed gently, but firmly against your lips. The heat is supposed to kickstart the properties and that, in turn, helps the product work better. I had my doubts at first, but with some experimenting, I have found it to work best this way! But it makes sense (just like you would with your face serums and creams so that your products could absorb better).

Overall: I think I would buy this again. I'm half way through with the tub. It has lasted incredibly long, I know, and you might think that the benefits have subsided or died from being exposed to air or whatever, but nope, it still works mighty well. & Yes, I use it quite sparingly...only as a last resort, my friend. If I were to use it as often as I would a regular lip balm, my god, it would have ran out after a month.

I abhooooooor the price tag (T.T). But it works so miraculously well. This is like...the anti-aging product for my lips. Perfect in every way, exept the price tag. Yet somehow I find it worth the purchase. Anyways, when I do finish it, I think I would repurchase...unless I find something better (or just as fab) and less expensive.

If you have the money and need an awesome lip balm, get this. It's worth having in your beauty arsenal.

on 6/11/2014 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It's really a decent balm, but my issue is that it's totally not worth the $40+ pricetag. Smells minty and nice, the packaging is crisp and nice-looking and it does indeed provide my lips with a bit of moisture and protection...but so do other more higher-end balms that are half the price.

For $20, go to a Perricone shop and buy their Super Lush Lips balm. It's awesome and smells like sweet coconutty goodness. Great little glass container that's durable and not really difficult to cart around. No petroleum.

For $7, go to Sephora and grab some Jack Black lip balm. Great flavors/smells, matte but not drying at all, comes in an easy squeeze tube. No petroleum.

on 5/18/2014 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product is just ok. It has a sweet taste and a minty scent to it. The pot will last you a LONG time. I put it on before bedtime and when I get ready in the morning. I find that my lips don't really feel that amazing when I wake up. I guess was expecting more from this product. I love lip balm and am willing to pay money for quality ones. My all time favorite is Terry balm rose.

on 4/6/2014 6:08:00 AM

Best lip balm I've ever used. I was a huuuuge skeptic of paying so much but I went to blue mercury and the manager said its the only thing she honestly trusted on her skin and so I got it and loved it so much I ended up going on the La Mer website and ordering replenishments. So worth it. If you're as big of a skeptic as me, do it!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was blessed to receive two of these (full-size) for free and while they worked just as well as my beloved Nivea lip butter there is no way that I would buy this with my own money. $50 bucks is a chunk of change for a lip balm. The texture feels great without little slip or overly glossy. So its nice to use under matte lipsticks. The flavor/taste is yummy. Think of a Junior Mint...the candy. Overall longevity...I can get 4-5 hours in before I have to reapply. Overnight...my lips are itching for more in the AM. I love luxury cosmetics/skincare but there are two things that my wallet will not open for when it comes to high-end...mascara and lip balm.

Popular Lip Treatments