November 26, 2014 | 1884 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Natanatanatz

I dont know why people say this sunscreen sucks & doesnt work for them..i've been using the for about 5 years (since i'm in year 10!!) and keep buying it till now..they're the best as they make my face brighter and the last all day..i dont need to use it twice a day..here in Sydney can get up to 40C in summer.. i use this cream in a normal amount whenever I go to the beach..My face NEVER ONCE get burnt!! Even when my body got tanned..it has a nice consistency and it's really oil free unless u use a handful of it!! The best sunscreen ever!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by jmarie68

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have not used this product; I received a sample of it from Sephora recently but have not tried it yet. And I probably won't. I want to point out something important: this product only has titanium dioxide, which only protects against UVB rays and leaves UVA rays to wreak havoc. UVA rays are the ones that penetrate into the skin's dermis further, causing the most skin damage and aging us faster. Many people are saying they are still tanning while using this product and this is why. Find something that truly protects you; this just gives a lot of false confidence.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by wenyuzhang88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've since switched from this to the Chanel UV Essentiel, but while I was using this I was very satisfied with it and would put it on under my base makeup daily.

It has a runny texture that applies smoothly and thinly. Give it a minute to absorb and then apply your base makeup. I never had any reactions to this formula, though that's probably because my skin isn't very sensitive, knock on wood.

I always like to compare this with the aforementioned Chanel UV Essentiel. While both do a fairly great job, the Clarins one is the less expensive option and gives you more product at the same time.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by luusk1125

The active sunscreen ingredient is Titanim dioxide which a mineral base sunscreen that reflects the suns rays unlike chemical base sunscreens. Chemical sunscreens absorb the suns ray and causes a chemical reaction to prevent the harmful ray to pentrated only th 1st layer of skin/epidermis.Titanim dioxide is good but can leave a white cast and clog pores and hard to remove. This sunscreen is really water and leaves the skin slight oily and leaves a white cast. Liquid sunscreen seem to be more on the oily side and contain silicons. This has a strong perfume sent that lingers. This is not good for sensitive skin or acne prone/oily that cannot use anything that contains silicon. This made me breakout and look really oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by mekwow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted to love this beause Clarins is one of the best-reputed brands in the market that is also making a physical sunscreen. However, because it is hard to wash off, I will not be purchasing again. I feel like it leaves a mask behind on my face despite my double-cleansing (I use Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, which easily gets my makeup off but can't seem to get past this sunscreen). If you use a heavy duty cleanser, this shouldn't be an issue for you.

Pros
-Physical ss
-Nice packaging
-No parabens
-Smooths on well, white cast minimal on my NC40 skintone

Cons
-Highly fragranced
-Doesn't wash off well with a gentle cleanser
-Super pricey, considering how much sunscreen you're supposed to apply for it to be effective
-Contains only titanium dioxide, which some sources say doesn't protect against aging long-range UVA rays as well as zinc oxide does

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by fychen

This is the most expensive sunscreen that I have ever purchased! I have always loved milky formulas for sunscreens instead of heavy creams. And I used to use the ones that Shiseido made but I wanted to try something different. I have heard really good things about this product and I have to agree it is pretty awesome. It goes on my skin very smoothly. It doesn't make my face feel oily. I use this everyday and it has not broke me out at all. I would definitely recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by eek42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Makes me peel :(
Perfect in every way besides that. Need to find a physical sunscreen that doesn't cause such crazy dryness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I like the texture of this sunscreen. This is comparable to other lightweight sunscreens that use chemical sun protection. I prefer this one because I do not like layering on chemical sunscreens and prefer physical blocker sunscreen. This has a fluid texture and blends into my skin well. This is a little bit fragranced for me, but I will still continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by bgfp9898

Really great sunscreen. Easy application. Not sticky or oily. I love the fact that it has a little bit of color to even out skin tone on no-makeup days. Will definitely purchase again although it's a bit pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by bumble

I loved this sunscreen the first day I wore it. Went on smooth, helped control oil. I was in love! But by the second day my face was peeling all over. And I do not have dry skin! I waited a few days and tried again to be sure it was this product causing it, and yup all the peeling came back. The high alcohol content is the likely culprit.