October 2, 2014 | 1499 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Outlast All Day Liquid Make-up (foundation+primer) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2005 5:10:00 PM More reviews by tmccray2

I was walking through Wal-Mart and saw this new makeup on an endcap, and decided to give it a try. Boy am I glad I did. This foundation is incredible. It's packaged together with a primer/sunscreen. It looks very natural, has buildable coverage, and doesn't highlight dry flakes. I have very oily skin, and haven't found anything that controls the oil, and this is no exception.

For a long lasting foundation, this is the best I've ever tried. It's better than Revlon Colorstay Natural. Plus, Revlon's colors are so bizarre, they never match my skin. The Ivory in Outlast matches me perfectly. I was looking for something as natural as my MAC Select Tint, but had more coverage for bad skin days. This fits the bill perfectly. If after I use this for a while, it doesn't break me out, it will certainly be my holy grail.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2005 7:59:00 PM More reviews by moonsista

Overall this isn't a BAD product. I just don't know that it's something that I will purchase again.

Positives: The coverage lasts all day except in areas where you will rub your face a lot. I like the primer coat that contains sunscreen.

Negatives: It's not rub-proof. The extra step takes up time in the morning. The primer layer may also cause clogged pores - I feel like it adds a bit of greasiness. Those with younger skin may want to be careful of this - my 36 year old skin is probably quite a bit drier and can handle the extra moisture but younger skin might not be able to. Also, I think that this foundation is a bit too sheer. I like a more full-coverage foundation.

Overall I don't think I will purchase this again mainly because of the negatives I noted above. But it's not a BAD foundation by any means. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by oilyface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation & Primer! My skin is super oily and I apply the primer first wait for it to dry about 1min, apply foundation,CG lipstick style concealer, then CG loose powder and I am good to go! The trick is to find the right color for your skin type. Ihave not seen this in CVS so I hope it isn't discontinued?

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by dall1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I tried this only once, and I ended up with my face itching so badly, that I had to wipe it off. I must be allergic to something in the product, it must have been the primer, because I can put anything on my face, and I have never had it itch. I wear other covergirl foundations, and have most of them are nice, but not this one!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2006 8:10:00 PM More reviews by keumoak

On the rare occasion I try to wear foundation,I find it settling into my pores on the side of my nose so I end up washing it off until I started using this primer. It did a great job of minimizing my pores and foundation does not settle into the pores. I still dont normally wear foundation but use this primer everyday just on my nose. I have not had any problems with breakouts. Even though I only use half of the product I find it very affordable compare to clinique's pore minimizer which is a tad better at $17 for 0.5ml. I usually can find BOGOF for cover girl poducts. I dont like to waste product and hope covergirl will sell just the primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2006 2:58:00 PM More reviews by buzzybee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also loved the primer part of this but wanted so bad to have the convenience of a foundation and primer in one tube. I began experimenting one day and mixed the fondation and primer together and then applied! The primer really helped to mellow out the fondation and gave me a perfect natural finish! I have now found my HG of fondation.....I hope they never discontinue this. Try mixing it and see what you think!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2006 10:53:00 AM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product for the primer after reading good reviews about the primer part of this product. The primer is excellent. I wear it under other brands of foundations, and it really helps my foundation to go on smoother and stay on longer, giving me a much more flawless finish. Plus, it's much much cheaper than Smashbox primer, with better results (not as greasy looking). People always tell me I'm glowing whenever I use this primer with my makeup. I wasn't impressed with the range of colors for this foundation, however, so I'm taking off a point. My skin tone is in between two of their warm colors -- Soft Honey and Classic Tan - the Honey is too light and the Tan is too dark. But I would buy it again just for the primer. I wish they would make the primer alone as I hate wasting makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2006 11:06:00 AM More reviews by nomadpixi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know how to characterise my skin tone, but pecan tan would suffice. This product was unavailable in my tone in Canada. Apparently according to Covergirl, people of african descent don't need foundation in Canada because we've all apparently been bleached by the northern air. That notwithstanding, upon returning to the States, I purchase what was supposed to be my color. the range is not great: Toasted Almond was slightly too dark ant Honey was so yellow, I don't know of anyone with that skintone. The only thing I actually liked about the product was the primer. The SPF was decent and didn't behave as chalky as I would have expected, however, still not an efective product. Then they had the nerve to produce a powder, like 6 months after launch, leading you do believe from the Ad that you don't need a powder, BUT YOU DO. It WILL smudge off onto your clothes, so it doesn't OUTLAST without powder.

Don't waste your $$.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2006 6:30:00 PM More reviews by msgrape

Hated everything about this. The lightest color was so dark and once on looked too matte and fake. Made me look much older. Ugh!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2005 8:11:00 PM More reviews by scconfer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am surprised to see how low the ratings and reviews are for this. I really like this. I am fair and use the "Ivory" shade. It matches my skin tone nicely. I also really like having a foundation AND primer side-by-side. In the past my regulars have been Clinique and Lancome, this competes well with both. At around $9 a bottle versus $30 to $35 a bottle, this is a keeper in my book.