December 20, 2014 | 1650 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Outlast All Day Liquid Make-up (foundation+primer) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2005 5:10:00 PM More reviews by tmccray2

I was walking through Wal-Mart and saw this new makeup on an endcap, and decided to give it a try. Boy am I glad I did. This foundation is incredible. It's packaged together with a primer/sunscreen. It looks very natural, has buildable coverage, and doesn't highlight dry flakes. I have very oily skin, and haven't found anything that controls the oil, and this is no exception.

For a long lasting foundation, this is the best I've ever tried. It's better than Revlon Colorstay Natural. Plus, Revlon's colors are so bizarre, they never match my skin. The Ivory in Outlast matches me perfectly. I was looking for something as natural as my MAC Select Tint, but had more coverage for bad skin days. This fits the bill perfectly. If after I use this for a while, it doesn't break me out, it will certainly be my holy grail.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by oilyface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation & Primer! My skin is super oily and I apply the primer first wait for it to dry about 1min, apply foundation,CG lipstick style concealer, then CG loose powder and I am good to go! The trick is to find the right color for your skin type. Ihave not seen this in CVS so I hope it isn't discontinued?

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by dall1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I tried this only once, and I ended up with my face itching so badly, that I had to wipe it off. I must be allergic to something in the product, it must have been the primer, because I can put anything on my face, and I have never had it itch. I wear other covergirl foundations, and have most of them are nice, but not this one!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2006 8:10:00 PM More reviews by keumoak

On the rare occasion I try to wear foundation,I find it settling into my pores on the side of my nose so I end up washing it off until I started using this primer. It did a great job of minimizing my pores and foundation does not settle into the pores. I still dont normally wear foundation but use this primer everyday just on my nose. I have not had any problems with breakouts. Even though I only use half of the product I find it very affordable compare to clinique's pore minimizer which is a tad better at $17 for 0.5ml. I usually can find BOGOF for cover girl poducts. I dont like to waste product and hope covergirl will sell just the primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2006 2:58:00 PM More reviews by buzzybee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also loved the primer part of this but wanted so bad to have the convenience of a foundation and primer in one tube. I began experimenting one day and mixed the fondation and primer together and then applied! The primer really helped to mellow out the fondation and gave me a perfect natural finish! I have now found my HG of fondation.....I hope they never discontinue this. Try mixing it and see what you think!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2006 10:53:00 AM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product for the primer after reading good reviews about the primer part of this product. The primer is excellent. I wear it under other brands of foundations, and it really helps my foundation to go on smoother and stay on longer, giving me a much more flawless finish. Plus, it's much much cheaper than Smashbox primer, with better results (not as greasy looking). People always tell me I'm glowing whenever I use this primer with my makeup. I wasn't impressed with the range of colors for this foundation, however, so I'm taking off a point. My skin tone is in between two of their warm colors -- Soft Honey and Classic Tan - the Honey is too light and the Tan is too dark. But I would buy it again just for the primer. I wish they would make the primer alone as I hate wasting makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2006 11:06:00 AM More reviews by nomadpixi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know how to characterise my skin tone, but pecan tan would suffice. This product was unavailable in my tone in Canada. Apparently according to Covergirl, people of african descent don't need foundation in Canada because we've all apparently been bleached by the northern air. That notwithstanding, upon returning to the States, I purchase what was supposed to be my color. the range is not great: Toasted Almond was slightly too dark ant Honey was so yellow, I don't know of anyone with that skintone. The only thing I actually liked about the product was the primer. The SPF was decent and didn't behave as chalky as I would have expected, however, still not an efective product. Then they had the nerve to produce a powder, like 6 months after launch, leading you do believe from the Ad that you don't need a powder, BUT YOU DO. It WILL smudge off onto your clothes, so it doesn't OUTLAST without powder.

Don't waste your $$.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2005 8:11:00 PM More reviews by scconfer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am surprised to see how low the ratings and reviews are for this. I really like this. I am fair and use the "Ivory" shade. It matches my skin tone nicely. I also really like having a foundation AND primer side-by-side. In the past my regulars have been Clinique and Lancome, this competes well with both. At around $9 a bottle versus $30 to $35 a bottle, this is a keeper in my book.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2005 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Misputer

I got this during BOGO 1/2 off at Walgreen's. I like the actual foundation okay. It's nothing special, but it does seem to last a long time for me and doesn't rub off. It does make me a bit shiny, and I'm a normal/combo girl (drier in the winter). Big question for Cover Girl: why do they have to include the primer as part of the packaging and flip top? I find it very annoying, since most of my foundation is gone, but there is more than 3/4 of the primer left. Guess I'll use it up with other foundation. Is there really a purpose to primer any way? Guess I've gotten along without it and can in the future also. If I can get this cheap enough, I will probably repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2005 5:55:00 PM More reviews by mkbegovich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Every magazine article I read raves about this product but I found it didn't even last till lunch. Not good. Poor coverage. I have oily skin so maybe this only works on normal to dry. Will not repurchase.