MAC Please Me

4.2

on 8/14/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Please Me is a warm-toned, medium pink from MAC which is very flattering on my NC20 skin and pigmented lips. It is a matter finish and as such, has excellent lasting power. It lasted 5 hours on me while eating and drinking. It is also creamy and easy to apply, and doesn't drag during the application (which is something that I hate about matte lipsticks) so that was a huge bonus. It doesn't dry out my lips either which can sometimes occur with mattes. I love this colour, it is a favourite of Filipina celebrity Georgina Wilson and I can see why! Love this colour, definitely one of my top 5 MAC lipsticks.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

So sad about this. It was too bright for my large lips, making me look clownish. I am pretty lightskinned, blonde haired and blue eyed and it just seemed so crazy on me! However, my sister, with the same coloring looks gorgeous with it on. I guess maybe it's because my lips are huge and kind of dark and hers are normal sized and light so they can take such an intense color without offending? I don't know, but I gave it to her. It looks awful on me, but is a great formula and long lasting, if a little drying. If you have light, normal sized lips, go for it!

on 5/30/2015 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't have one of those NC MAC shades but I'm a c5 in the face&body so around NC40-42 I'm assuming. I was looking for a pale pink with sort of blue undertones and even tho this shade is warm, it's not too warm. I love how this looks on me! it's the perfect baby pink lips for medium skin, which is what I wanted. it is matte but not drying and cakey like velvet teddy. velvet teddy seems really drying and idk if it's just me lol. this lipstick does seep into lines noticeably if applied heavily, if applied with 1-2 swipes, it does seep but it's not that noticeable. but I really do love it and I'm glad I purchased it after weeks of lusting over it lol

on 4/14/2015 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Please Me is a medium pink with warm undertones (its described as a "muted-rosy-tinted pink" in MAC's website). I finally purchased this after being in my wishlist for so long. I mostly love how this is a muted pink and not so loud and garish-looking. On good skin days, this makes me look playful and cute. But if my skin is not in good condition, the mauvey undertones in this tend to make me look sallow and tired-looking.

I have a comprehensive review of this in my blog: http://www.jellobeans.com/2015/02/mac-lipstick-in-please-me-matte-review.html

on 2/22/2015 7:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Please Me is a gorgeous, warmer-toned pink. The matte formula of this lipstick is obviously not as moisturizing as an amplified creme but it definitly is not that drying and doesn't tug on the lips. I use Please Me as an everyday wear lipstick.

I recommend Please Me for those who are looking for an everyday color that compliments most skintones.

on 2/21/2015 12:32:00 PM

I like this warm pink lipstick but it does look a bit bright on me. What I love is the lipglass in this shade it is stunning and makes my lips look full also not as drying as the lipstick.

on 1/29/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a nice mid pink, not too loud or soft and it goes with everything. Because of the matte formula it lasts longer than moisturized lipstick. However you pretty much have to wear a lipgloss or even a lipbalm over it because of the chalky texture. Worn by itself would be too drying to the lips. I wear it with Mac's Pro Longwear lip pencil in In Anticipation and a light gloss over it. Looks really good on light or porcelain skin with blue undertones. The tube is just standard plastic, nothing special.

on 1/12/2015 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have been using this steadily for 1 year now. I wear it daily at work and never tire of it. On my medium mocha skin this looks like the exact natural color of my lips, only creamier and richer. With this lipstick you can be responsible, conservative, and trendy all in one. With heavy eye make up for a night out, this subtle lip helps the dramatic make up stand out even more. It's delicate and proper...absolutely love.

As usual I love the MAC matte texture.

MAC's matte lipsticks never fail to win me over!

I wasn't looking at buying 'Please Me' I was just in a lipstick mood, swatched this and it was like love at first sight, awh!

I'm giving this 4 stars because, although I love the colour, it looked different on my lips than it did when I swatched it BUT having said that I still absolutely adore the colour and MAC's matte lippies are always such a dream to apply, they apply creamy and stay creamy, they don't 'set' like most matte lipsticks!

This shade does look a tad barbie-ish on me but not at all tacky, although I do think this could be do to with the fact that I'm fair, with blue eyes and blonde hair! I also let my friend use this and it had a different colour finish on her!

Cannot fault the formulas of these lipsticks and this colour is a gorgeous day-to-night pink!

on 12/31/2014 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Really nice natural MMLB shade with beautiful matte finish. This lasts about 4-5 hours on me. This gives my lips a pop of colour meanwhile still very natural and suitable for everyday. But unfortunately the matte finish makes the lipstick quite chalky and drying if you have dry lips. Anyway this is beautiful but you need to exfoliate and moisturise your lips very well before using this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials