MAC Please Me

4.2

on 4/14/2015 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Please Me is a medium pink with warm undertones (its described as a "muted-rosy-tinted pink" in MAC's website). I finally purchased this after being in my wishlist for so long. I mostly love how this is a muted pink and not so loud and garish-looking. On good skin days, this makes me look playful and cute. But if my skin is not in good condition, the mauvey undertones in this tend to make me look sallow and tired-looking.

I have a comprehensive review of this in my blog: http://www.jellobeans.com/2015/02/mac-lipstick-in-please-me-matte-review.html

on 2/22/2015 7:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Please Me is a gorgeous, warmer-toned pink. The matte formula of this lipstick is obviously not as moisturizing as an amplified creme but it definitly is not that drying and doesn't tug on the lips. I use Please Me as an everyday wear lipstick.

I recommend Please Me for those who are looking for an everyday color that compliments most skintones.

on 2/21/2015 12:32:00 PM

I like this warm pink lipstick but it does look a bit bright on me. What I love is the lipglass in this shade it is stunning and makes my lips look full also not as drying as the lipstick.

on 1/29/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a nice mid pink, not too loud or soft and it goes with everything. Because of the matte formula it lasts longer than moisturized lipstick. However you pretty much have to wear a lipgloss or even a lipbalm over it because of the chalky texture. Worn by itself would be too drying to the lips. I wear it with Mac's Pro Longwear lip pencil in In Anticipation and a light gloss over it. Looks really good on light or porcelain skin with blue undertones. The tube is just standard plastic, nothing special.

on 1/12/2015 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have been using this steadily for 1 year now. I wear it daily at work and never tire of it. On my medium mocha skin this looks like the exact natural color of my lips, only creamier and richer. With this lipstick you can be responsible, conservative, and trendy all in one. With heavy eye make up for a night out, this subtle lip helps the dramatic make up stand out even more. It's delicate and proper...absolutely love.

As usual I love the MAC matte texture.

MAC's matte lipsticks never fail to win me over!

I wasn't looking at buying 'Please Me' I was just in a lipstick mood, swatched this and it was like love at first sight, awh!

I'm giving this 4 stars because, although I love the colour, it looked different on my lips than it did when I swatched it BUT having said that I still absolutely adore the colour and MAC's matte lippies are always such a dream to apply, they apply creamy and stay creamy, they don't 'set' like most matte lipsticks!

This shade does look a tad barbie-ish on me but not at all tacky, although I do think this could be do to with the fact that I'm fair, with blue eyes and blonde hair! I also let my friend use this and it had a different colour finish on her!

Cannot fault the formulas of these lipsticks and this colour is a gorgeous day-to-night pink!

on 12/31/2014 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Really nice natural MMLB shade with beautiful matte finish. This lasts about 4-5 hours on me. This gives my lips a pop of colour meanwhile still very natural and suitable for everyday. But unfortunately the matte finish makes the lipstick quite chalky and drying if you have dry lips. Anyway this is beautiful but you need to exfoliate and moisturise your lips very well before using this.

on 10/6/2014 5:18:00 AM

Really enjoying this lipstick so far! My ONLY complaint would be that it can make your lips look kind of crusty if they are not properly moisturized. I feel like this color looks different on everyone. Online swatches look way brighter than it looks on me.
Perfect MLBB for my nw20 skin :)

on 8/8/2014 4:12:00 AM

my experience with this product wasn't oh so fancy. I love the shade even though it's a bit too light for my skin tone with is medium. It was a bit chalky and it cracked on my lips. I'm hoping it was just the one I bought because I really wanna try other shades or maybe it's the matte consistency? Anyways, I don't think I will buy it again since I barely use it but maybe I'll stomach another one later since it costs around $30 here in Egypt and I'm not even 100% sure if it's original 😔

on 8/7/2014 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color is such a gorgeous, not-too-barbie-pink yet still very feminine. Lovely non-drying matte texture and superb staying power. I'm NC 25 and I was initially hesitant of purchasing this as it seemed to be cool toned for my yellow undertone. So glad it didn't wash me out!

Full review and swatches here:

Popular Lipsticks